• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

oti

Banned
Watching Brad playing Zelda and one hour in he's done a couple of things I never thought of. And I've played this game for close to 100h now. How is that possible? #gameoftheforever

bgbball31

Mine still says it's arriving on Tuesday but it also hasn't shipped yet? I don't know how this shit works this is literally like the only game I've ever preordered.

My Take Your Heart edition hasn't shipped either, but as it says it will be here Tuesday, I'm not worried (yet...)

Curufinwe

Mine still says it's arriving on Tuesday but it also hasn't shipped yet? I don't know how this shit works this is literally like the only game I've ever preordered.

I preordered from Best Buy in June and selected store pick up at the time for reasons I don't recall. I tried to change it to shipping last week because sometimes BB deliver games early, but it said I couldn't change it.

I'm watching the ME playdate and I'm kinda shocked at how flat and boring the dialog is compared to the other games. It feels like it has zero substance.

I somehow picked standard shipping from Amazon for my P5 Steelbook.
I can't update it to pick expedited - I get an error screen any time I try to change the shipping.

So I'll have it next weekend, maybe.

I could cancel it, but I'd be saving €23 if I just stick with this order.
So, I'll try to finish Nier by then?
Nier is finally getting -real- serious, which is great.

daveo42

Banned
I actually considering looking around this morning to see if I can score a copy of Persona 5 early. I've been looking forward to this game since I finished P4G and I'm fine with paying for this game twice if I could just to start it early.

My Take Your Heart edition hasn't shipped either, but as it says it will be here Tuesday, I'm not worried (yet...)

My post from the Persona 5 OT:
I don't think I've ever gotten confirmation of shipment for a release day game until like a day before it should arrive, so I don't think you have anything to worry about unless you don't get confirmation of shipment by Monday.

JSmv2Bz.png

Hindl

Remember when Jason and Drew spent a week making a setup that would allow Dan to play Punch-Out unitil be beat Tyson? And it was expected to be a long-running feature that would at least last days? And Dan beat it in a half hour? Good times

Hjod

Banned
Remember when Jason and Drew spent a week making a setup that would allow Dan to play Punch-Out unitil be beat Tyson? And it was expected to be a long-running feature that would at least last days? And Dan beat it in a half hour? Good times

Had no idea this happened, I must check this out. Is it archived on the webpage?

Never mind, I found it :).

Jothel

I live near the where the persona 5 protagonist lives - on the same train line too - I'll take some pictures at some point, i occasionally take the same train connection too so I'll take photos of all that etc. It's a bit weird what names they can and cannot use - for instance he lives in Yon-genjaya when the actual station is san-genjaya but there were signs for Futako Tamagawa which is the same as real life. The station layout - especially Shibuya is spot on though

I live near the where the persona 5 protagonist lives - on the same train line too - I'll take some pictures at some point, i occasionally take the same train connection too so I'll take photos of all that etc. It's a bit weird what names they can and cannot use - for instance he lives in Yon-genjaya when the actual station is san-genjaya but there were signs for Futako Tamagawa which is the same as real life. The station layout - especially Shibuya is spot on though
The director of P5, Katsura Hashino, talks about that decision, the naming, on Toco Toco tv (great series).

Eye of the Ryckert is still goat name.

styl3s

I actually considering looking around this morning to see if I can score a copy of Persona 5 early. I've been looking forward to this game since I finished P4G and I'm fine with paying for this game twice if I could just to start it early.

My post from the Persona 5 OT:
Mine always ship the day before but 99.99% of my orders come from 1 of like 7 shipping centers that surround my state but unfortunately my order went from "arriving tuesday" to "arriving thursday" and the chat lady said "due to demand" which really pissed me off because this is the 2nd time in 2 months (happened 3 times late last year) and 90% of my prime is used for release day shipping. She did give me a month of prime so i can't really complain that much other then they need to stop overselling products because it's starting to become a regular fucking occurrence. From now on all my pre-orders are going through Best Buy.

Amazing, thanks!
This is an awesome channel and a great video, thanks for the link!
Thanks for sharing this. I'll wait on watching Hashino for a bit, but I really liked the one on Keiichiro Toyama (Silent Hill, Siren, Gravity Rush).
👍
The latest one with Yoko Taro is fantastic.
Yeah, it's pretty great, highly enjoyable.
Love that kind of somewhat intimate exposure.

My favorite part about this is they showed it in trailers, but only two buildings. So I'm in the theater with friends, expecting that to play out. But they take it even further and it's hilarious. The final action scene of Furious 7 can't compare with the Dubai part, unfortunately.

The third act in general brings it all down, but the dedication to Walker ultimately completes the movie in a way I wasn't expecting. I can't think of many movies that handle an IRL actor's passing with such grace. They do a great job with it.

The third act in general brings it all down, but the dedication to Walker ultimately completes the movie in a way I wasn't expecting. I can't think of many movies that handle an IRL actor's passing with such grace. They do a great job with it.

Yeah. It's handled in a very respectful and heartfelt manner. In general I'd say heart, diversity, and amazing stunt work are sorta the pillars of the series nowadays.

I finished and platinum-ed Horizon. What a great game! Guerilla surprised the hell out of me with this one. I never liked the Killzone series but this was just a fantastic experience.

Aselith

My favorite part about this is they showed it in trailers, but only two buildings. So I'm in the theater with friends, expecting that to play out. But they take it even further and it's hilarious. The final action scene of Furious 7 can't compare with the Dubai part, unfortunately.

The
tank
shit? No way man that was pretty hype.

Meguro

Banned
Did you also think the whole
main character is garbage because he helped a woman thing was weird? Is this a cultural difference?
Cause I'm with Jeff and Vinny on this one.

P5 Spoilers!
The dude he injured is implied to be a very high ranking official with control over parts of the police force. Didn't seem far-fetched to me.

Did you also think the whole
main character is garbage because he helped a woman thing was weird? Is this a cultural difference?
Cause I'm with Jeff and Vinny on this one.
SPOILERS:
He is a dude who has ALOT of connections to the point where he could easily twist the narrative of what happened and pay off the lady to keep her quiet about the whole thing.

if that really happened/is similar to what happened in Japan, it makes sense that the game opens up with asking you to sign a 'All the characters and situations are fictional' thing.

Jennipeg

P5 Spoilers!
The dude he injured is implied to be a very high ranking official with control over parts of the police force. Didn't seem far-fetched to me.

Yeah that makes completely no sense, but whatever. 🤷

SPOILERS:
He is a dude who has ALOT of connections to the point where he could easily twist the narrative of what happened and pay off the lady to keep her quiet about the whole thing.

Oh yeah I remember
him being influential, so he could have lied, that would make more sense. It was just the way the hat man had a go at him for getting into 'adult business'. It seemed like a fucked up thing to say. And the female teacher complaining about being stuck with someone like him.
I guess its the downside of watching a QL for a game like this, its really story heavy but also lacking context. The game in general looked good though.

Aselith

Oh yeah I remember
him being influential, so he could have lied, that would make more sense. It was just the way the hat man had a go at him for getting into 'adult business'. It seemed like a fucked up thing to say. And the female teacher complaining about being stuck with someone like him.
I guess its the downside of watching a QL for a game like this, its really story heavy but also lacking context. The game in general looked good though.

Well, they played the game from the beginning so the problem is that the story doesn't give you context rather than that the QL doesn't provide it. I would assume that's by intent but it also make those opening parts pretty muddled. I actually though over the period that they QL'ed the story was pretty rough.

Not bad necessarily but just vague to the point of nonsensicality.

Jennipeg

I've been really ill this week, and while I have been recovering, I have been watching the Deadly Premonition endurance runs.... I don't know if I feel better or worse, that game is really something.

Top Bottom