• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Dany

Banned
Having watched the P4 endurance run 1000x times. and played golden up to the second boss.

I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR MORE PERSONA

Salarians

gQ4VYPO.png

Mr. F

Banned
Watching the Beast play date, this SAM shit seems like it was written to have some emotional impact but comes off as the most convoluted mental gymnastics to explain why you have a voice in your head

Watching the Beast play date, this SAM shit seems like it was written to have some emotional impact but comes off as the most convoluted mental gymnastics to explain why you have a voice in your head
They try to do witty banter between Ryder and SAM, and it always feels like someone awkwardly talking to a microwave.
Also seems like a bullshit, Jedi "Chosen one" conceit.
It's exactly that.

Mr. F

Banned
Peter Brown wasn't exaggerating how little it earns the self-ascribed grandiosity of the whole pathfinder thing. It's so odd.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Peter Brown wasn't exaggerating how little it earns the self-ascribed grandiosity of the whole pathfinder thing. It's so odd.

Who cares about character development, we just want people to be in their power fantasy space badass fucking aliens.

Like really, the premise of the pathfinder and the dialogue sequences I've seen have always put me off ME:A more than the animations ever did.

Which, now that I think about it, is also why tend not to like persona 4 over 3. They really hand you the "Super badass MC" on a silver platter compared to 3, where you felt like you had to earn it more. Hopefully 5 isn't as bad about this. I do enjoy that you're being treated like fucking dirt at the start.

Its the worst parts of Bioware writing done extremely poorly.

I at least thought Dragon Age Inquisition kinda tried to have a little fun with the whole Bioware messiah complex idea by being so blatant with it and making your character being turned off by the whole thing part of the story.

But man if there is a thing Bioware needs to drop its the whole "YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE" thing they have done to death game after game after game.

Shit has gotten far past lazy. Their attempts at creating a power fantasy are about as well executed as their amazon kindle adult novel level romances.

danm999

Its the worst parts of Bioware writing done extremely poorly.

I at least thought Dragon Age Inquisition kinda tried to have a little fun with the whole Bioware messiah complex idea by being so blatant with it and making your character being turned off by the whole thing part of the story.

But man if there is a thing Bioware needs to drop its the whole "YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE" thing they have done to death game after game after game.

Shit has gotten far past lazy. Their attempts at creating a power fantasy are about as well executed as their amazon kindle adult novel level romances.

Yup, it was almost self aware at times.

Seriously this might be a bigger step back than Bethesda's Nerevarine to Dovaakhin reversion.

Antiwhippy

Like really, seeing that space has been colonised by these species already in the milky way you'd think they'd have common programs, hardware and procedures on colonising new planets.

And the way you colonise these planets is due to ancient alien technology? What?

How can anyone treat this as good sci-fi and not below-star wars drivel?

Moaradin

Is Alex still playing Nier? Last time I heard him talk about it he said he got ending A. Really hope he sticks to it through the end.

Played the opening hours to Horizon. Sweet jesus, it looks insane. Also, they really gave the time to put in depth to Aloy that made me care about her quicker than any other new character from a new IP in a long ass while, she's awesome. That "Years Of Training" track though.

j3tpo4.gif

Played the opening hours to Horizon. Sweet jesus, it looks insane. Also, they really gave the time to put in depth to Aloy that made me care about her quicker than any other new character from a new IP in a long ass while, she's awesome. That "Years Of Training" track though.

j3tpo4.gif

yup

comparing the polish between horizon and andromeda is amazing

both games came out this year, both games took years to make, one was done by a studio with an extremely solid track record in the type of game they were making, whilst one was deviating from just the shooters they were making which were always seen as average.

it's amazing

daveo42

Banned

j3tpo4.gif

One of the best games of the year in a year where the deck is stacked with nothing but great games. Glad you're enjoying it.

Antiwhippy

yup

comparing the polish between horizon and andromeda is amazing

both games came out this year, both games took years to make, one was done by a studio with an extremely solid track record in the type of game they were making, whilst one was deviating from just the shooters they were making which were always seen as average.

it's amazing

I mean to be fair Bioware was never known for their amazing graphics and high polish. If anything they got a pass for a long time due to people liking their stories and characters. There were janky ME gifs before Andromeda.

High polish and amazing graphics was all guerilla studios had.

daveo42

Banned
I mean to be fair Bioware was never known for their amazing graphics and high polish. If anything they got a pass for a long time due to people liking their stories and characters.

High polish and amazing graphics was all guerilla studios had.

Yup. Now they have a solid story and characters to back up all that graphical tech and polish.

Lunar FC

Glad you have seen the light. More people need to play the best game that has come out in years.

Antiwhippy

Though really, the premise of of Horizon is already kinda done by
the original nier.

Just saying. >_> <_<

Lots of existential games about
humanity being wiped out
recently. Wonder what got us all into that headspace.

Megasoum

Banned
I gotta say... The simplification of most of the mechanics in Mass Effect 2 vs ME1 never really bothered me (ie: No inventory, less skills to level up, etc) but they should have put actual stats for the weapons... Right now I'm getting new weapons but except for some flavor text there's no way to really compare them. This is dumb

j3tpo4.gif

I know this gets thrown around a lot with games, but I really kept thinking that a Horizon movie would be neat and actually work. Also, was it just me or did
6 year old Aloy look very odd? Baby Aloy and late teen/adult Aloy looked normal.

Somehow the Mass Effect playdate made me want to play it a little bit. The combat looks really fun. I really wanted Vinny to try launching someone and doing his charge to them as they hurtle into the distance.

Everything else looks so rough though. I really hope there's some good writing buried in that game, but the reviews don't make me hopeful.

danm999

j3tpo4.gif

Like really, seeing that space has been colonised by these species already in the milky way you'd think they'd have common programs, hardware and procedures on colonising new planets.

And the way you colonise these planets is due to ancient alien technology? What?

How can anyone treat this as good sci-fi and not below-star wars drivel?

It's interesting that Horizon (so far as I've played at least) does everything right that Andromeda does wrong. Horizon is show don't tell and Andromeda is tell don't show.

daveo42

Banned
I know this gets thrown around a lot with games, but I really kept thinking that a Horizon movie would be neat and actually work. Also, was it just me or did
6 year old Aloy look very odd? Baby Aloy and late teen/adult Aloy looked normal.

It wasn't just you on that point. Also
young Aloy when she falls into that shelter looks like she's covered in vaseline instead of water. Super wierd tbh.

bgbball31

Oh hey, just saw Dan's sign on Wrestlemania. I've only been half paying attention, so I'm sure it's been on screen a ton of times, but still.

Unrelated note: My Take Your Heart edition just shipped! Unfortunately, it's going to get here on the 4th, and I'm on a flight out west for a week on the 5th...

.JayZii

Banned
the original nier.

Just saying. >_> <_<

humanity being wiped out
Yeah I don't know. I can't think of a single thing.

Jintor

the original nier.

Just saying. >_> <_<

humanity being wiped out

This is one of the weirdest spoiler situations I've ever been in where neither part individually was a spoiler I cared about but putting the two together might have rekt me. I'll probably forget it by the end of the day though

Top Bottom