• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Huh.

If the real Mass Effect team is off making EA Destiny 2018 I wonder how fuckin' is going to work in a online connected game. Can I fuck my co op party?

The novelty of the Switch still has not worn off for me. I keep having both "Oh yeah, I can play this handheld!" as well as "I can play this on my TV!" moments. I really hope there's a robust library by the end of the year.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm on the verge of getting shovel knight for it but probably going to hold off with persona around the corner. Next switch purchase will likely be Mario kart and maybe Rime if it ends up good.

oti

Banned
Gonna wrap up Andromeda today. A 3/5 for me.

Now the question is whether I buy Nier or Persona.
You want an epic JRPG or an epic Character Action game? Unless you can find Nier cheap I'd go with Persona though. Being part of the Zeitgeist should be extra fun with this game.
The novelty of the Switch still has not worn off for me. I keep having both "Oh yeah, I can play this handheld!" as well as "I can play this on my TV!" moments. I really hope there's a robust library by the end of the year.
Me too. Love both the epic long Zelda play sessions and the shorter ones while something is playing on the TV.

Haven't turned mine on in like 2 weeks. :(
If you're done with Zelda maybe check out Shovel Knight? That's the next Switch game I'll buy I think. But for now I really only need Zelda. 100h strong. Still no interest in finishing the game.

RBH

tgMXtl6.png

726gmxY.png

Megasoum

Banned
So I've had a Twitch stream of Persona 5 opened on my second monitor pretty much non stop for like a week now.

For some reason I'm like captivated by the game (haven't really spoiled anything... it's always muted and just look at it from time to time)... I know I'm not a JRPG fan, I know that the QL isn't really a proper representation of the game since it was only the early part of the intro, I know myself well enough that if I buy it I'll probably play it for like 10 hours... I also know that I still have Mass Effect, Horizon and Zelda to finish....

But still..... fuck...

If Jeff is reticent to do a P5 endurance run because of the Atlus fuckery, he should just make the feature premium or at least not upload it to Youtube. They ain't going to send him a C&D letter.

Mr. F

Banned
If Jeff is reticent to do a P5 endurance run because of the Atlus fuckery, he should just make the feature premium or at least not upload it to Youtube. They ain't going to send him a C&D letter.

He doesn't want to retread and wants to put more energy into new features like ______, _______, and _______.

mw9ellh0wsj7.png

Every kid is a Perfect Grade at heart

I've been really ill this week, and while I have been recovering, I have been watching the Deadly Premonition endurance runs.... I don't know if I feel better or worse, that game is really something.

Life is beautiful though.

---

The Witness - Noclip Documentary

Great video, It's interesting that Jonathan Blow was working on a game that had the same idea as Crackdown 3 when it comes to cloud based physics.

pizzacat

Banned
The moment you're stuck in the car with sojiro makes me so sad that there's no ER

Hjod

Banned
The opening/prolouge of Call of Duty IW (Fleet week part), just wow. That's how you start a game.

I listened to the latest Beastcast while working out, and I think they should do a playdate with Jeff B and Vinny, I love when they go after each other.

And the new Pepsi Ginger is great.

Megasoum

Banned
The opening/prolouge of Call of Duty IW (Fleet week part), just wow. That's how you start a game.

I played through the whole campaign with all the side missions over the christmas holiday and really enjoyed it. I think it was the first COD I finished since huh... The First Black Ops?

Lunar FC

Anything on the horizon that will likely bring you back to it? Splatoon or something?
Project Octopath Traveler. 😅

If you're done with Zelda maybe check out Shovel Knight? That's the next Switch game I'll buy I think. But for now I really only need Zelda. 100h strong. Still no interest in finishing the game.

I only put like 5 hours into Zelda. Kind of just want to restart it.

Hjod

Banned
I played through the whole campaign with all the side missions over the christmas holiday and really enjoyed it. I think it was the first COD I finished since huh... The First Black Ops?

I think I've finished most of them, BO1 has the best SP campaign imo, let's see if this one is better. It's looking that way so far, and the locations are really good, the opening scene on Europa is great, looks amazing.

Hindl

Yup. I'll probably slow down on use since I'm done with Zelda, but thankfully Persona is around the corner. But I'm still throwing time into Neo Turf Masters every day, and a little Metal Slug 3

Megasoum

Banned
Oops...

Was going back to Mass Effect Andromeda after my dinner but clicked on ME2 by accident... Oh well, I've been playing ME2 for the last 30min lol

daveo42

Banned
Mine always ship the day before but 99.99% of my orders come from 1 of like 7 shipping centers that surround my state but unfortunately my order went from "arriving tuesday" to "arriving thursday" and the chat lady said "due to demand" which really pissed me off because this is the 2nd time in 2 months (happened 3 times late last year) and 90% of my prime is used for release day shipping. She did give me a month of prime so i can't really complain that much other then they need to stop overselling products because it's starting to become a regular fucking occurrence. From now on all my pre-orders are going through Best Buy.

Oh, having Prime probably helps in my case, which I guess is nice for those who can afford it. With the amount of games I buy at launch over the course of a year, it tends to pay for itself.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
See, you guys could have just gone my route of buying the japanese special edition that was way too expensive when you included shipping that I did not touch for 6 months, and then bought the english digital edition that will unlock day 1.

That way you get to have the special edition guilt-free because you're not doubling up on a game seeing that I don't know japanese thus I can't play it, and you also get to have the immediacy of digital.

It's totally logical and rational you guys.

.JayZii

Banned
You speak as if anyone on the staff will finish them.
That's hasn't stopped them from discussing stuff in the past. Jeff and Vinny are both capable of pouring 100+ hours into a game if they like it, and this is Persona 5.

Also, hasn't Jeff talked about his wife being a jrpg fan? Even if he doesn't finish it himself, he may see most of it anyway.

Top Bottom