• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Zocano

I dunno, once you learn Mr. Shakedown's (the one with the hat) story, he's a pretty strong contender.

To bad you only find out by beating him and Dan seems to just not want to engage at all.

Jintor

Actually it's been really problematic recently because they seem to have taken out the option to toggle the nsfw settings on the Tumblr app.

So browsing nier tags in public is not something i can do for very obvious reasons.

I seriously have no idea why they changed that. It's not like i only use Tumblr to get my freak on.

I just wish they'd let a single account have multiple follow lists so I can partition out certain artists

oti

Banned
"Getting your first loot in Destiny 2" "First headshot in Destiny 2"

we know it's inevitable

"And then I opened my first loot crate and AAAAARGGHHUUUURRGGJUUUUGHHHH."

"Brad."

"AAAERGGGGUUUGHHHUUUUJJJUUUN."

"Brad. Are you done."

"..."

"Well, I've never felt the way a fucking Destiny loot crate makes you feel. Destiny 2 wins."

"But Alex! What about the game you care about?"

"I SAID DESTINY 2 WINS I'M NOT GONNA WIN ANYWAY"

"Mei should've won best Overwatch character."

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Come on, this is Giant Bomb you're talking about. It's gonna be something in-jokey and affectionately referred to as dumb. Those duders LOVE their dumb shit.
And our favourite character goes to... Brad's destiny character! Thank God we reached there after this 10 hour long debate.

Hjod

Banned
And it favourite character goes to... Brad's destiny character! Thank God we reached there after this 10 hour long debate.

2712736-0656849414-q8pxc.gif

Between the Ghost in the Shell thread and the H3H3 thread, I miss arguing about videogames. So much less exhausting and hope dashing. At least until the next instance of hearing about some developer getting harassed by butthurt scumbag gamers.

Zaph

Between the Ghost in the Shell thread and the H3H3 thread, I miss arguing about videogames. So much less exhausting and hope dashing. At least until the next instance of hearing about some developer getting harassed by butthurt scumbag gamers.
It's kinda amazing how eager some people are to die on the hill of their favourite scummy youtuber. At least with games there's usually something of worth at the core.

hamchan

I'm excited for Yakuza.

But y is it so short

I miss when H3H3 was just a cool couple pointing out stupid stuff on youtube instead of actually becoming part of the stupid stuff.

Tunoku

If we're gonna start talking about goty stuff now, what's the hot shoe in for ost of the year besides nier?

Splatoon 2 will get cut because "it's more of the same"
Breath of the Wild will get cut because "wait, that game has music?!"
Persona 5 will get cut because "it doesn't have the Junes theme"

So Nier wins.

I know its been said but having Drew Scanlon's name in the uploader title for the Persona 5 QL is nice.

I'm assuming a callback for ole' times sake ER's

I'm really hoping my best buy order changes from processing real fast. I beat Nier over the weekend so I could focus on it. Playing persona 4 in high school after football practice is some good memories and I hope I enjoy it as much as that.

Joeku

After catching up on UPF, I now realize that the time from Mario Galaxy to Odyssey is almost the same amount of time as Mario 64 to Galaxy. I hipe it's at least within throwing distance of their quality.

It would be nice to know. Videos can vary a lot in length and it would be nice to know whether a quick look I'm looking forward to is 20 minutes long or 90 minutes long.
Out of everything that needs to be done with GB I'm not sure that would even make a top 50 list.
It isn't important but it's a bit relevant at the moment with this BitE being on the 'shorter' side (still long at almost 90 minutes!) relative to other episodes.

Let's look at it this way: Film & 40s clearly effected the Beast in the East vids. Now with Fast 7 completed, more BiTe videos are a given including extended cuts.

They got this.

Antiwhippy

You know if the persona 4 ER videos got longer the more they liked the game maybe the BitE videos grow shorter the less they like it?

Ipso facto carpe diem.

oti

Banned
After catching up on UPF, I now realize that the time from Mario Galaxy to Odyssey is almost the same amount of time as Mario 64 to Galaxy. I hipe it's at least within throwing distance of their quality.

Galaxy 2 to me is a 10/10. And while I understand the fondness for the open game design of Mario 64 I hope the platforming challenges will be as tight as they were in Galaxy.

He uploaded the video. Since it was recorded a while ago.

ah. thought it was weird his name was attached to it but that makes sense.

Also, I'm with the time stamps don't really matter. if your up watching the video right as its on the site the time doesn't change the fact you're going to be already watching it. these duders already work hard as everyone agrees. giving a stamp just gives people empty bullets to build a crack-case that they dont put out enough content.

not saying your a crack-case. just it doesnt add anything of value. the system works as is.

Wunder

ah. thought it was weird his name was attached to it but that makes sense.

Also, I'm with the time stamps don't really matter. if your up watching the video right as its on the site the time doesn't change the fact you're going to be already watching it. these duders already work hard as everyone agrees. giving a stamp just gives people empty bullets to build a crack-case that they dont put out enough content.

not saying your a crack-case. just it doesnt add anything of value. the system works as is.

we're all crack cases in this thread

we're all crack cases in this thread

I love everyone in here. especially the weekend posters.
I'm prob more to the side of not caring because I'm not watching this particular series until I finish the game. and then I wont watch it right away, so all episodes will likely be out by then.
I remember being up and watching almost every ER for Chrono Trigger as they released and was probably (definitely) irked when they were sub 30.

Zocano

Dan is turning on the combat system ):

It's not very complex but it's not the free floating and super reactive systems of Bayonetta or Nier or w/e

Antiwhippy

Dan is turning on the combat system ):

It's not very complex but it's not the free floating and super reactive systems of Bayonetta or Nier or w/e

Nah, even compared to sleeping dogs the contextual prompts always have been pretty finicky. Which doesn't really fit the ethos yakuza tries to have with its combat.

Wunder

Nah, even compared to sleeping dogs the contextual prompts always have been pretty finicky. Which doesn't really fit the ethos yakuza tries to have with its combat.

It feels really limited in singular fights too, or at least repetitive. It's best when you have a ton of enemies and just plough through them with cleave attacks.

Zocano

Yeah but then it gets repetitive.

Eeeeh, a brawler is gonna be a brawler. It's not super deep but it's fun to just beat up fools. I never thought they got that repetitive. It would help if Dan actually had some patience.

It might be better if they actually passed the controller around.

Top Bottom