• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

U6RCNFo.png

Hindl

Uh, that Persona 5 Launch trailer. Just saw how Personas are fused and...man that's brutal. Though I guess Persona 3 did have the whole Evoker to the head to summon a Persona thing

Mr. F

Banned
Are people in here bugged by the P5 localization or is it just a gaf overblown thing? Never played a persona game before but I haven't been especially bothered by it so far, kind of assumed it was par for the course in terms of occasional awkwardness.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
1 or 2 lines stood out but I dunno if it's just placebo due to the gaf thread.

Seems fine mostly.

Then again I'm so used to scanlations for manga that can be... esoteric at times, let's just say that. :p

Hindl

It is a little weird how unnatural some of the lines are, but if I wasn't in that thread complaining about them and just saw those lines naturally, I probably wouldn't have noticed anything too wrong. Plus a lot of that looks like Igor talk, who is kinda weird to listen to anyway

Mr. F

Banned
That's good enough for me, was worried to look too deep into it since I have no point of reference - didn't want it to colour my impression.

Sssssstyle on lock, regardless

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The localization looks like I'm gunna have a few good laughs. Especially when my girlfriend comes over and can translate for me what they're actually saying.

mikeGFG

Banned
Ok. I just went premium for the first time since the Whiskey Media days.

The amount of new content is truly staggering, but what is currently the best of the best?

Hindl

The amount of new content is truly staggering, but what is currently the best of the best?

Metal Gear Scanlon

Film and 40s Fast & Furious

Mario Party Party

Demo Derby

And people don't like Dan...

Joeku

Are people in here bugged by the P5 localization or is it just a gaf overblown thing? Never played a persona game before but I haven't been especially bothered by it so far, kind of assumed it was par for the course in terms of occasional awkwardness.

It's been eight years since I've seen all of P4, but I was "wat"-ing P5 throughout the 90 minute QL more than I had its predecessor.

Part of that may be translations getting better in general, part may be me not remembering that same problem before. At least it seems the further in people get, the less of an issue it becomes.

I have no doubt that if it was continually off-putting for a hundred hours it would have damaged the reviews scores.

It seems with every new game releases the review threads get worse and worse. My oh my that community show gif is perfect for that thread. So many angry people.

Oh also just finished this week's beast in the east. Dan really fell out of love with the combat huh? Maybe he was just not feeling well

Has there been any insight on who is going to guest on this week's Bombcast? There are lots of interesting topics for this week so I hope it's someone good!

This is the Run, Film and 40's Fast and the Furious (All of them), and Beast in the East are recent favorites of mine... if its been since Whiskey days though there is a ridiculous amount of good content haha.

If you want something pretty short with an immediate payoff, try This is the Run. Watch one ep a day, and don't read anything anyone says about it.

Marathoning it is a bad idea due to the format, but it really is a great series.

Demo Derby
2013/2014 UPFs (maybe just YouTube highlights since finding specific good ones is probably a hassle)
This is the Run
Mario Party Party
Film & 40s on the Fast & Furious movies
Metal Gear Scanlon

Weird feeling. Now that I have Persona 5, I no longer feel like I need to play it immediately. Like I could just sit on it for a while and play other stuff for a bit.

EDIT: I have followed this feeling by downloading Clicker Heroes.

Mr. F

Banned
Weird feeling. Now that I have Persona 5, I no longer feel like I need to play it immediately. Like I could just sit on it for a while and play other stuff for a bit.

It doesn't have to be like this Jeff

Wunder

I downloaded Tap Titans while waiting for amazon to deliver Persona last night

Top Bottom