• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Dineren

Banned
Please don't let Peter Brown spoil Persona

I just listened to that Nier spoiler yesterday having finished the game and I was shocked how much detail he went into on that. That was a really cool moment, I'm glad I skipped that section of the podcast originally and didn't spoil it for myself.

Oh, er... well then. Thanks for the heads up, in any case.

I suppose it's time to cross Persona 5 off their GotY list.

The best we can hope for is one or two of the crew really gets into it during the summer months because if they don't and the fall games start coming out (starting in august with shadow of war), its gonna be real hard for most of them to go back to it. That or the new hires are RPG and Persona lovers. I still think it has a lock for best style though

tomhan

Nobody is left in SF and they're vehemently opposed to call-in guests even though the tech has been fine for a half decade

I'm with them for being vehemently opposed to call-in guests. It's obvious when a podcast isn't done face to face and the fact that the Bombcast almost never does call ins makes it stand out, for me at least.

TraBuch

Banned
I had a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga as a kid and let a friend borrow it, along with my Saturn, and he moved away two weeks later and I never saw it again.

I'm with them for being vehemently opposed to call-in guests. It's obvious when a podcast isn't done face to face and the fact that the Bombcast almost never does call ins makes it stand out, for me at least.
The CAGcast works perfectly fine as a 'call-in' podcast. As does GFB Radio.

.JayZii

Banned
Jeff has come to the realization that if he can't play Persona with Vinny he doesn't want to play it at all
The QL sounded like them coming to the realization that they just wanted P5 to literally be P4 again. With Vinny's "This is weird" comments really just meaning "this isn't Persona 4".

Mr. F

Banned
Will Smith > Call-in guest

I listen to a bunch that are call-ins and wouldn't have been able to tell if the hosts hadn't mentioned from time to time. It's totally viable with the right setup.

Holy shit, this Atlus 'don't stream our fucking game' thing sounds like it'd be a HUGE part of why there's no ER. Jesus Christ. I know things like this are why they host their own videos, but based on how possessive Atlus sounds about the game, I think they'd send a Hitman after the GB crew if they tried to play the whole thing.

Meguro

Banned
Everything about the tone in that blogpost makes it sound like "Atlus JP is stomping their foot down on this and we're trying to correct this for the future, sorry".

Holy shit, this Atlus 'don't stream our fucking game' thing sounds like it'd be a HUGE part of why there's no ER. Jesus Christ. I know things like this are why they host their own videos, but based on how possessive Atlus sounds about the game, I think they'd send a Hitman after the GB crew if they tried to play the whole thing.
Yeah, Jeff was talking about it last week on Mixlr in Jeff puzzled high-pitched voice.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They wouldn't have done an ER for that game anyway guys, don't kid yourself.

Ah cool, Samantha was just hired by System Era Software to work on Astroneer.

I listened to that bombcast with her again and I don't really understand why people wanted her to be the new hire so much. She seems....fine? Don't really see why some here act as if she was the dream candidate.

Bacon

They wouldn't have done an ER for that game anyway guys, don't kid yourself.

I listened to that bombcast with her again and I don't really understand why people wanted her to be the new hire so much. She seems....fine? Don't really see why some here act as if she was the dream candidate.

She's been on multiple bombcasts and she offers a completely different perspective than the rest of the white dudes at giantbomb. I don't think anyone thinks she's the "dream" candidate, just that she would have been a good fit.

Jennipeg

The QL sounded like them coming to the realization that they just wanted P5 to literally be P4 again. With Vinny's "This is weird" comments really just meaning "this isn't Persona 4".

Maybe, but as someone that has never played a Persona game, I was totally agreeing with Vinny and Jeff about the weird parts of the story. It actually put me off trying it to be honest. I will still play it at some point, but I don't feel like I need to rush to it now.

Top Bottom