• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have the guys commented on the whole P5 streaming bullshit?

they of all people know a thing or two about persona streaming afterall

Hindl

Yeah what a terrible time for them to stop it.

I saw someone say that and figured if they played for another 10 minutes shit would happen, but playing the game...if they kept the video running for literally another 5 seconds it would've been different. But then the next section goes on for like a half hour

jfffqdaap.gif

These are great.

The game never looked good. Don't get who in their right mind is even excited for a game like this.

I'm still excited for it. Won't be getting it now though but it seems to me that it'll be a great "summer" game.

everyone should just get Snake Pass instead

From what I played so far it's fantastic and that David Wise.

Outside of the Giantbomb circlejerk, no one played Nuts & Bolts

no
one

I got the game at a time when I had nothing but I didn't expect to get hooked on the fact of you being able to build whatever you want basically as long as you could make it work. Really enjoyed that aspect of it by surprise.

After reading this:
http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

I can see why they pretty much axed the whole endurance run thing even if they started thinking about it.

Jeff talked on Mixlr last week, without naming the game nor publisher that he spent an entire day just talking to a certain publisher about what could they show lol. It was obvious that it was Persona 5(nothing else big was releasing). That's why I had no hope for an ER.

CryptoZookeeper

Neo Member
Hey all, I know they talk a lot about zelda and P5 this episode but I was wondering if someone can confirm or deny if they get into any big Persona 5 story spoilers this episode? Last time Peter Brown was on he (in his much appreciated enthusiasm) spoiled one of the final really interesting gameplay mechanic shifts that happens literally at the end of Nier: Automata and it wasn't well warned beforehand. Any chance that happens this week for Persona?

mintyice

Hey all, I know they talk a lot about zelda and P5 this episode but I was wondering if someone can confirm or deny if they get into any big Persona 5 story spoilers this episode? Last time Peter Brown was on he (in his much appreciated enthusiasm) spoiled one of the final really interesting gameplay mechanic shifts that happens literally at the end of Nier: Automata and it wasn't well warned beforehand. Any chance that happens this week for Persona?

Yeah Chie dies.

.JayZii

Banned
Watched a couple more episodes of the P4 Endurance Run today. Vinny talks a lot of shit about systems when it's user error and Jeff is always just holding back (though sometimes it still comes out) from saying "You are just bad at playing this".
I think I hate Persona 5. At the very least, I am extremely unimpressed so far. It probably gets better.

please get better
Gotten past the first hour or two? Persona games are slow burns for the first few hours.

Watched a couple more episodes of the P4 Endurance Run today. Vinny talks a lot of shit about systems when it's user error and Jeff is always just holding back (though sometimes it still comes out) from saying "You are just bad at playing this".

Gotten past the first hour or two? Persona games are slow burns for the first few hours.

I know. But the beginning is so bad compared to other games in this series/genre.

xuchu

I know. But the beginning is so bad compared to other games in this series/genre.

Really? I'm liking the beginning a lot actually. It's a lot faster to get going than persona 4 (but still slow compared to most games). Also it's darker and closer to persona 3 with their themes than the whimsical nature of persona 4. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I like and appreciate both styles but this may be what Vinny was referring to when he said that the opening was weird. IIRC they didn't really get into persona 3.

FluxWaveZ

I like and appreciate both styles but this may be what Vinny was referring to when he said that the opening was weird. IIRC they didn't really get into persona 3.

From what I can tell, I think the down-to-earth, intimate and warm feeling of Inaba was very important for their enjoyment of Persona 4, which isn't the case with Persona 5. Might be why neither of them will end up sticking with it.

xuchu

From what I can tell, I think the down-to-earth, intimate and warm feeling of Inaba was very important for their enjoyment of Persona 4, which isn't the case with Persona 5. Might be why neither of them will end up sticking with it.

I can dig it. Loved P4 for same reasons.

I won't get to Persona 5 until I finish Yakuza 0, but I'm in the Persona 4 (Golden) is better than Persona 3 (FES) camp. P4G is tied with Chrono Trigger as my favorite JRPG. I can't fathom P5 being better.

Top Bottom