• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

2930219-blitz.jpg

Today We Fix The NFL Blitz/NBA Showtime Machine (Or Die Trying)
Let's point cameras into the back of a Sports Station cabinet and desperately poke at it until we make it work!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I still can't believe some are still telling the GB guys how much content should be released per week because they have "time" obviously to do it.

I always wonder what the people who do complain do for a living and if I could just chime in about their workload and output.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They always seemed like a depressed bunch to me. Even after you solve their problems or whatever, they still seemed a bummer.

I mean yeah.

They were kind of in a bummer situation.

Meanwhile P4 is like "Woo fun times we rule hey kanji don't you fucking touch me"

Nerokis

Goddamn, Drew's already nailing his vlogs. They have such a pleasant and exciting feel to them, even though we as viewers don't often care too much about the equipment that goes into producing content. Like, I'm now invested in his camera. I'm glad I got to see its first recordings, I'm proud of how well it managed to record flowers, and I'm excited to see what else it records in the future.

Also, he made San Francisco look like a fucking idyllic paradise. It's a privilege to look at the world through Drew's eyes.

Tubobutts

Goddamn, Drew's already nailing his vlogs. They have such a pleasant and exciting feel to them, even though we as viewers don't often care too much about the equipment that goes into producing content. Like, I'm now invested in his camera. I'm glad I got to see its first recordings, I'm proud of how well it managed to record flowers, and I'm excited to see what else it records in the future.

Also, he made San Francisco look like a fucking idyllic paradise. It's a privilege to look at the world through Drew's eyes.
It almost made me want to go to San Francisco again.

TraBuch

Banned
For anyone that's gotten past the first dungeon in P5,
is it being implied the gym teacher raped Ann's friend? He keeps saying sexually harassed but it seems like it went a lot further.

This game is dark.

tesqui

Man, the first 6 hours of P5 I've played has been awesome. I hope someone on staff starts playing it so I can hear there thoughts.

Antiwhippy

is it being implied the gym teacher raped Ann's friend? He keeps saying sexually harassed but it seems like it went a lot further.

This game is dark.

Keep in mind that it's all based on real life events too.

Jintor

This game is dark.

I'm actually surprised at how direct it is. It felt more innuendo in JPN, but that might have just been my garbage JPN language skills

Jintor

I'm sure Peter Brown will play it and happily relay his views to the rest of the crew.

I am honestly never going to get over that fucking nier spoiler.

I didn't think much of it at the time but after actually playing nier I'm really miffed I had that spoiler, even if it was heavily warned and "just mechanics"

Honestly the worst part is he didn't even seem himself to get the actual importance of what it was he was spoiling. I know I've only myself to blame for ignoring the warning, but man.

Kimaka

The way they summon their Personas is extremely painful.

This game is dark.

That's... darker than I expected.

Antiwhippy

I didn't think much of it at the time but after actually playing nier I'm really miffed I had that spoiler, even if it was heavily warned and "just mechanics"

Honestly the worst part is he didn't even seem himself to get the actual importance of what it was he was spoiling. I know I've only myself to blame for ignoring the warning, but man.

To be fair he does give a pretty big warning.

Though I was in this weird limbo where I didn't hear the spoiler but I got enough side-context from the discussion about the spoiler that I kinda thought I knew how it was going to end but I turned out to be completely wrong about it.

I'm lucky that I wasn't paying close attention and only got a vague sense of what the spoiler was. I was able to get the full impact of it anyway.

I knew the basic premise of the first dungeon going in and I was still absolutely shocked at some of the places that story goes. It's brutal.

danm999

This game is dark.

I thought that was the implication
when Ann turned him down yeah

Megasoum

Banned
So how do we define the first dungeon exactly?

I'm going back for the third time to the same place... So I assume this is still the first dungeon?

Spoiler

Ann/Princess just got captured by the guards at the front gate.

So, I started my Road to the Show player in MLB The Show 17. Little backstory: Whenever I create a player in RTTS, I always have a "rule" that the player must be able to have their name spoken by the commentary team (you can select from hundreds upon hundreds of names). I typically like to have the name revolve around the player's position in some form or another (i.e. last year I created C.J. Cannon, a pitcher who I aimed to have an arm like a cannon). This year, I created another pitcher, but found no satisfying name combination. So, I created a name, but after a few games, I was just not pleased with it. I decided to find the wackiest name I could find (while still having the player's name be spoken by the commentary team). The result: Dip Spooneybarger.

TraBuch

Banned
So how do we define the first dungeon exactly?

I'm going back for the third time to the same place... So I assume this is still the first dungeon?

Spoiler

Ann/Princess just got captured by the guards at the front gate.
I'd define the first dungeon being done as after you beat the major boss.

Lunar FC

So, I started my Road to the Show player in MLB The Show 17. Little backstory: Whenever I create a player in RTTS, I always have a "rule" that the player must be able to have their name spoken by the commentary team (you can select from hundreds upon hundreds of names). I typically like to have the name revolve around the player's position in some form or another (i.e. last year I created C.J. Cannon, a pitcher who I aimed to have an arm like a cannon). This year, I created another pitcher, but found no satisfying name combination. So, I created a name, but after a few games, I was just not pleased with it. I decided to find the wackiest name I could find (while still having the player's name be spoken by the commentary team). The result: Dip Spooneybarger.

Ahh, Spooneybarger. One of the greats.

Ended up going with Mookie Blaylock. 🤷

Nice! Joining Larry Bird Jr. and my P5 character Scottie Pippen... I like the trend of NBA player names for these Japanese high school students.

Just saw that there's a video of them fixing up that blitz machine... How is that video? Worth watching, or keeping on in the background?

Also I played a bit of Drawn to Death with my brother and we both uninstalled it after a few matches. Not very good IMO. Have the GB guys talked about it? Also didn't David Jaffey talk shit about GB over that game, or am I remembering?

Antiwhippy

I mean America had a pretty high profile case with sandusky.

And people still want to forgive him because football.

Top Bottom