• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

danm999

I mean replace volleyball with another sport and it would still hold true somewhere

schools turning a blind eye to abuse for the sake of athletic achievement is rampant all over the world

Yeah I made a comment a few pages ago I can totally see the analogue for say, Penn State.

Mr. F

Banned
So you guys love them old games right.

As someone who has collectively maybe played <30 mins of the Metal Slug games over the years, do people regard one over the other between 1 and 3? Thinking of grabbing picking one of them up on the eShop.

Lunar FC

Got about 2 hours into Persona so far and I'm really enjoying it. But does anybody else find it infuriating that you can't use the joystick to select dialogue options?

Also your first persona:
Arsene-Wenger-609836.jpg

I'm new(ish) to GB but I am finding the Beastcast's more casual format to be more engaging than the cut-and-dryness of the regular Bombcast. Maybe it's just due to the more colorful personalities heading east.

oti

Banned
There's a promotion going on here in Germany at a store. Buy 4 games and get 2 for free. Pre-orders not included.

Hit me up with suggestions. Persona and Yakuza are locks.

oti

Banned
Horizon, Nier, Persona and Yakuza are 142€. That's 35€ per game. Not too bad.

On the other hand, no way I could play all those games before they become cheaper. So maybe it's not actually that good of a deal. &#129300;&#129300;&#129300;&#129300;

derFeef

Horizon, Nier, Persona and Yakuza are 142€. That's 35€ per game. Not too bad.

On the other hand, no way I could play all those games before they become cheaper. So maybe it's not actually that good of a deal. &#129300;&#129300;&#129300;&#129300;

I guess not.

oti

Banned
Thanks. This is mighty tempting but I don't know if I can commit to 4 new games while I just started P5 :p
Though I still want to get Nier, RE7, Yakuza Zero and the last one maybe some other PC game.

I decided to follow my initial plan and tackle my backlog once I'm done with Zelda. Close to 100 shrines. Over 100 hours now.

Airbar

Neo Member
I decided to follow my initial plan and tackle my backlog once I'm done with Zelda. Close to 100 shrines. Over 100 hours now.

Ughh, still need to finish Zelda. I am at 111 shrines and like 350 Korok seeds. Did almost all quests, all 4 divine beasts. But kinda want to find the remaining shrines before I get to Ganon. And I'm "only" 70 hours in so far.

oti

Banned
Ughh, still need to finish Zelda. I am at 111 shrines and like 350 Korok seeds. Did almost all quests, all 4 divine beasts. But kinda want to find the remaining shrines before I get to Ganon. And I'm "only" 70 hours in so far.

How? And where are all those seeds? I'm at 80 or something. Maybe I'm just blind.

The korok seeds are difficult to find if you don't know what you're looking for, or everywhere if you already know them. The number of ways they hide them is mindblowing.

I'd even go so far as to say they're the best collectibles (or currency, maybe?) in gaming.

Airbar

Neo Member
The korok seeds are difficult to find if you don't know what you're looking for, or everywhere if you already know them. The number of ways they hide them is mindblowing.

I'd even go so far as to say they're the best collectibles (or currency, maybe?) in gaming.

They really are amazing. I read everywhere that people have problems finding them. My impression was really that the game is great at teaching you what to look for to know where Koroks are hiding. Maybe I just have a knack for stuff like that.

2.5 hours into Persona 5 which would have been closer to 8 by now, but I keep playing Overwatch instead.

Oh God that is me right now. Had to write a mail and instead of going back to P5 which was still running, I did like 10 Overwatch matches and got like 200 ranking points back. Meanwhile my PS4 shut down and I lost like 3 hours of Persona progress -_-

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've weaned myself off Overwatch for now because if not i won't be able to play all these long ass games that came out.

Will return once persona 5 is done.

Jintor

I totally fell off Overwatch at some point.

I guess I'm saving up my multiplayer shooter appetite for splatting later this year

Had to take a break from Overwatch because I caught myself getting heated when three days straight I was matched with people who didn't play the objective. I'm not good at the game or anything so when I'm getting three to five golds each match, it's a streak of bad luck match ups.

Really bummed about those silly AtlusJP video restrictions. I never heard of Persona before GB and ended up buying P4 and P5 because of their videos. I probably never would have bought either of them (or even heard of them) if it wasn't for that gameplay being online. Heck, I even own a Persona shirt now!

Jintor

You're not supposed to port beg or whatever but I'm sitting on a train right now thing "fuck goddamnit I wish I was playing persona five right this fucking second"

Spoiled by p4g

Before anyone suggests remote play: I'm in Australia

So you guys love them old games right.

As someone who has collectively maybe played <30 mins of the Metal Slug games over the years, do people regard one over the other between 1 and 3? Thinking of grabbing picking one of them up on the eShop.

If you get one, make sure it's 3.

I'm on a bit of an Overwatch hiatus at the moment because I'm in a sort of a love hate with it. Love in that, hey, it's a new FPS with some actual interesting designs and characters and rockets and all that! Hate in that it still very much shows how green Blizzard is with the genre and I find the game nearly unplayable if not in the comp setting. Not to mention the game just feels like it has some strange oversights, the movement is my big peeve in that it has perhaps the weakest movement of any major multiplayer FPS I've ever played. The movement in Overwatch feels like it's out of a Bethesda game. I also find it hard to come to terms with just how much they Resident Evil 5 the teamplay by making individuals so hamstrung.

So when it comes to just wanting some casual pop it in at anytime fun, my go-to at the moment is Siege, because it actually facilitates a pick up and play good time. Overwatch is the kind of game where if I'm not grinding out comp, it's kind of worthless. But it's in such a malleable state right now that I'm hopeful.

Bombcast guests this week are so dull. Complete opposite to Kasavin and O'Dwyer.
I so want more of Peter Brown. Justin Haywald I pretty much can't stand, but that's coming off listening to him on the Geekbox where his contributions are often petty snark and rape/sex jokes.

Tunoku

There's a promotion going on here in Germany at a store. Buy 4 games and get 2 for free. Pre-orders not included.

Hit me up with suggestions. Persona and Yakuza are locks.

So you got:

Persona 5
Yakuza 0

Then add:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Nier Automata
Ni-Oh
Mass Eff-uhhhhhhh...Resident Evil VII?

Are we talking about current games only?

Top Bottom