• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Jeff when they were watching the alien fuck.
3EcAe0w.png

Meguro

Banned
This Scorpio reveal has left me utterly cold, same as the release of the Pro did. And people wanted Jeff to live react to this.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The Scorpio reveal was a bunch of numbers and tech-y sounding words that I don't care for.
It sounds powerful though so good for them. Now they only need some games worth caring for

Jennipeg

This Scorpio reveal has left me utterly cold, same as the release of the Pro did. And people wanted Jeff to live react to this.

Same here, I guess i'm just not the target audience. I care about games more than console specs, and so far nothing has made me want to upgrade from a regular PS4.

Tagyhag

The Scorpio reveal was a bunch of numbers and tech-y sounding words that I don't care for.
It sounds powerful though so good for them. Now they only need some games worth caring for

Yeah I don't understand why people were expecting games.

It's not like E3 is in 2 months or anything.

Nope, just 2 pre-recorded videos with articles.
Gotcha, thanks.
Yeah this is dull tech stuff even by Digital Foundry standards. I love their content, but they are struggling to make this interesting in the videos. This "reveal" is basically "yeah it's like the PS4 Pro."

Scorpio stuff was boring but at least they went techy this way instead of doing it during a standup presentation. Fine with no games shown today, that's for E3. Now, if MS doesn't show any new stuff at E3 coming this year or Q1 2018?
ggdire.gif

daveo42

Banned
I can't remember, but has Jeff commented at length on sponsored content on the site? I could have sworn he had and was for it only if it was shouting at you constantly that it was indeed not editorial and written by someone outside of GB staff, but I've heard similar stuff from recent startup as well on this type of content.

I like Rich, but that spec reveal video sounds like it was written by the MS marketing team.

derFeef

If people would bother to actually read what is going to be revealed beforehand and how, then we wouldn't have silly things like that.

ultron87

I like the theory on the Bombcast that this Scorpio thing was just to get ahead of the inevitable spec leak and do it on their own terms instead.

I can't tell if the people in the DF thread going "OMGZ such a powerhouse, I hope it's under 500" are kidding or not.

That Scorpio thing right now looks like what the ps4 pro should have been, but it very much just looks like a similar half step but with hardware from a year later. Like maybe it will be doing more native resolution while ps4 pro does that checkerboard thing. And that's that.

Seems like it can hit 399 though. It will be similar to the Pro at launch where the margins are tight but I don't see it not hitting 399.

I can't tell if the people in the DF thread going "OMGZ such a powerhouse, I hope it's under 500" are kidding or not.

That Scorpio thing right now looks like what the ps4 pro should have been, but it very much just looks like a similar half step but with hardware from a year later. Like maybe it will be doing more native resolution while ps4 pro does that checkerboard thing. And that's that.

Seems like it can hit 399 though. It will be similar to the Pro at launch where the margins are tight but I don't see it not hitting 399.

I think it depends on whether Microsoft wants to take a loss on it. I personally think it's coming in over 399 (either 449 or 499). It's got extra RAM, some water coolingish heat sink and some more custom stuff.

ev0

I can't remember, but has Jeff commented at length on sponsored content on the site? I could have sworn he had and was for it only if it was shouting at you constantly that it was indeed not editorial and written by someone outside of GB staff, but I've heard similar stuff from recent startup as well on this type of content.

I like Rich, but that spec reveal video sounds like it was written by the MS marketing team.

I have to agree some of the phrasing on what Scorpio can do on the headlines and deck are a bit much from what should be a uh,...more partial sites?
But I know Leadbetter was always accused of being an xbox bias...which totally died down once it was obvious PS4 would always outperform XB1 (even if minimal).
Now he just seems too happy the tables have turned

Xyrmellon

Wasn't the Scorpio stuff called "Project Scorpio spec reveal"?

That's exactly what we got. Not sure why people seem irtitated.

Curufinwe

I have to agree some of the phrasing on what Scorpio can do on the headlines and deck are a bit much from what should be a uh,...more partial sites?
But I know Leadbetter was always accused of being an xbox bias...which totally died down once it was obvious PS4 would always outperform XB1 (even if minimal).
Now he just seems too happy the tables have turned

He's probably just happy to get such a big exclusive.

So, with the Beastcast tomorrow, any bets on whether any Beast crew will have touched Persona? I bet Alex will have watched his gf play some but Vinny probably hasn't touched it yet.

Top Bottom