• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

daveo42

Banned
He's probably just happy to get such a big exclusive.

I'm sure both him and DF is happy about that. I just wish some of the more questionable commentary was left out of the spec release. The five benefits section is mostly a wash, while "This, my friends, is hardcore" and "Evolved Jaguar" are totally PR-speak.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm just waiting for GBeast to announce that they will play through all the Persona games after they finish all Yakuza games.

let's start a new, cooler OT Dan
Totally.

It's more fun to hate things than to like them and it's not our fault. Take it up with God for making us this way.

giphy.gif

Hjod

Banned
Been at work all day then the gym, just got home, stuck my head into the Scorpio thread..

tumblr_mvncweFhHI1shg2ioo1_500.gif

Just going to get some food and then Yakuza, all night. I really like that game.

Joeku

Been at work all day then the gym, just got home, stuck my head into the Scorpio thread..

tumblr_mvncweFhHI1shg2ioo1_500.gif

Just going to get some food and then Yakuza, all night. I really like that game.

I don't get the change from the gif you originally had there.

Hjod

Banned
I don't get the change from the gif you originally had there.

Haha I had the first copied to send to a friend, so I pasted the wrong gif at first. That was why I changed it, luckily it was nothing bad I had copied. Could have been worse.

Hindl

What's this about?

Just a minor argument about the guys doing a Persona 5 ER and whether or not they had the time, and Vinny popped in to clear the air. Like always, seems like the only time the duders pop in here it's to defend themselves and their schedule unfortunately

KingKong

Just a minor argument about the guys doing a Persona 5 ER and whether or not they had the time, and Vinny popped in to clear the air. Like always, seems like the only time the duders pop in here it's to defend themselves and their schedule unfortunately

Its always been Vinny which is funny because I dont think anyone has any problems with GBeast output

Mr. F

Banned
ok yeah no never mind on Thimbleweed park, hard pass after that QL. When your game is unfunny enough that its assumed they're all inside jokes...

In general, I think, ever since Dan came on board, Giantbomb has gotten less severe with their "the more you beg us to do it, the less we want to" mentality. Still doesn't apply to Endurance Run though.

LiK

In general, I think, ever since Dan came on board, Giantbomb has gotten less severe with their "the more you beg us to do it, the less we want to" mentality. Still doesn't apply to Endurance Run though.

I think they finally embraced the "Let's give our subscribers what they want cuz they're paying for the content".

strafer

I tried watching the Persona 4 Endurance Run while I was away but I couldn't stand Vinny skipping over the dialogue, the man has no patience.

Diancecht

I also tried to watching Persona 4 ER but I quited after 5 or 6 episodes because I have zero interest in Japanese games or culture I just couldn't take it anymore. That ER has to be the only premium content I haven't touched. You guys talk so highly of it, is it worth sticking with it?

Hindl

Groan, maybe the duders should join in the conversation when we are happy and then that would take the spotlight.

So never?

I also tried to watching Persona 4 ER but I quited after 5 or 6 episodes because I have zero interest in Japanese games or culture I just couldn't take it anymore. That ER has to be the only premium content I haven't touched. You guys talk so highly of it, is it worth sticking with it?

Best content on the site. But if you don't like JRPGs or Japanese culture you'll probably be bored by it. Basically, if you think you could watch an MST3K-style series riffing on something you don't like, then go for it. Also you can watch a lot of it as background noise while you do other things

LiK

I tried watching the Persona 4 Endurance Run while I was away but I couldn't stand Vinny skipping over the dialogue, the man has no patience.

They actually calmed down and got into the story once it got going. The barely skipped anything afterwards, iirc. They got really invested in it.

Lets put it this way: In a thousand years when aliens are shifting through the decaying remains of our civilization, they will come across hard drives with the Persona 4 ER on them and they will instantly know that it was humanity's greatest achievement.

Are they playing it really poorly in this QL or does PaRappa always sound this bad?

The Mass Effect patch seems alright. The eyes look much more natural, and some of the animation and lip syncing issues were worked on.

The changes to the multiplayer are terrible. It's such a bummer. Single player stuff looks better for sure.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
for all the style persona emphasizes, the little 'i'm gonna run awkwardly for 5 seconds ok im tired' victory scene looks dumb and not cool at all

Hindl

for all the style persona emphasizes, the little 'i'm gonna run awkwardly for 5 seconds ok im tired' victory scene looks dumb and not cool at all

It looks great while the exp/money/item shit is popping up. But once that's done, I agree there's too much delay between the end of that and getting control back. Obviously there's a limit while it's loading back into the overworld from the combat screen, but still. If they could even cut that down from 5 seconds to 1-2 that would be ok

Lunar FC

I'm early in the game so it's still fresh on me, but I like it. I just imagine him running in a circle in the small room I just had the battle in. 😋

TraBuch

Banned
Real talk, is it a big mystery why we don't post here? I'm genuinely curious.
People here get carried away at times, but we all genuinely love GB so it seems a bit of a shame that you guys only come when people are negative. Hell, people here like you enough to send you guys a fridge.

Top Bottom