• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Real talk, is it a big mystery why we don't post here? I'm genuinely curious.

This is the only answer you need:
2491095-tumblr_mjb3vcm1nc1qcjfpno1_250.gif

Curufinwe

I tried watching the Persona 4 Endurance Run while I was away but I couldn't stand Vinny skipping over the dialogue, the man has no patience.

I think he was just adjusting to playing a game that was being recorded. I think it's normal when playing games with lots of dialogue to hit the skip text button as soon as you've read the dialog. I know I'm flying thru the text in P5, especially since I have the Japanese VA turned on.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I feel like alot of people in this thread cross the line into being an asshole territory. It should be no wonder why those guys dont post here much.

That being said, I think there is a fair amount of questions or valid criticism that gets ignored because of said asshole-ism. Various memes or jokes or reputations only fester because they dont get addressed.

Meneses

I've actually never forgotten the "Kick punch block - chop kick block" bit.

Sometimes I even say the whole thing when i hear people say "kick".

I know it's dumb.

Giganteus

I feel like alot of people in this thread cross the line into being an asshole territory. It should be no wonder why those guys dont post here much.

That being said, I think there is a fair amount of questions or valid criticism that gets ignored because of said asshole-ism. Various memes or jokes or reputations only fester because they dont get addressed.
As a fellow jerk, the amount of it in this thread is making me raise my brow a lot lately.

As a fellow jerk, the amount of it in this thread is making me raise my brow a lot lately.

Agreed, it isn't surprising that they don't post here often considering the general tone of the thread.

TraBuch

Banned

The GB forums are a bit of an echo chamber where everything is perfect so it's a shame that the duders don't really venture outside of there to see that, no, not everyone is satisfied with what the site's been doing for a while now. And even here, some people will freak the fuck out if you say anything even remotely negative.

Do people veer into hostile territory at times? Sure, but it's literally said out of love and I feel like a lot of that would be curbed if some duders would occasionally keep people updated on what's going on with the site, besides a Jar Time every few months were Jeff just talks about stuff in vague terms. There're always "plans" for stuff, but these plans rarely come to fruition. Why can't someone come out and say what these plans were and why it went wrong? What's the wrestling thing Dan was talking about doing months ago that never came about? Why did they never do Blight Club? Where's that flea market thing? Why are they always on the podcast talking about a game or a fairly obscure system and saying "we should do something with that", but never actually do anything with that?

I dunno, maybe I'm way off base, but I think some transparency would go a long way. Everything's always shrouded in mystery. And then when the duders do visit here, all they see is the negativity and that leads to them either ignoring it, or posting something vaguely passive aggressive.

LiK

Vinny posted an AMA here and we were quite kind. Dan posts here pretty often as well. I think it's fine if people are critical at times in this thread. But I see more positive comments than negatives whenever I check this thread. Not sure why people keep saying people are negative in here, tbh. Sure, people can be crass or rude at times but it's all in good fun.

One thing's for sure, the GB crew are always lurking here giving us the death stare.

oti

Banned
I'd like to point out that while I can be pretty negative regarding their output I also expressed my frustration when Vinny came in here the last time while all of you transformed into cheerleaders.

Vote for me.

#bananime

dh4niel

Watching the record of the stream where Jeff and Jason try and fix their NFL/NBA cabinet. Anyone manage to gif the faces Jeff pulls when he goes at it with the compressed air? I laughed.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Real talk, is it a big mystery why we don't post here? I'm genuinely curious.

Of course not, but I do hope you guys understand that 95% of the time we are just messing around.

(At least I hope that's true, otherwise I have misread the tone of this thread for years. Also everybody would be a jerk and that can't be true, can it?)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
But the criticism veers into the rude territory because the criticism is never answered.

Getting petty/rude/angry over that seems weird to me. I have no shortage of issues or things I dont like about current giantbomb, but getting all pissy here seems like a bad way to go about things. Fosters a really negative thread.

Like I said before, I think there are alot of valid points that are made, negated by all the other BS surrounding it. Although I dont have a good answer about how to bridge that initial gap.

There's a promotion going on here in Germany at a store. Buy 4 games and get 2 for free. Pre-orders not included.

Hit me up with suggestions. Persona and Yakuza are locks.

Horizon & Nier.

Hi GiantBomb

Hello.

lopyysl0.gif

Welcome back.

Getting petty/rude/angry over that seems weird to me. I have no shortage of issues or things I dont like about current giantbomb, but getting all pissy here seems like a bad way to go about things. Fosters a really negative thread.

Like I said before, I think there are alot of valid points that are made, negated by all the other BS surrounding it. Although I dont have a good answer about how to bridge that initial gap.

Pretty much. At the same time not all of us are like that. There are a few of us here, me included, who enjoy and look forward to whatever the duders do. In the end though, we all support'em. Some people may just want specific things out of them, for me though I don't care as long as they enjoy what they're doing and bring me on along for the ride till the very end(I mean I've been following them since 2004 so, yeah). On the other hand though, it's hard to know who's joking or not if you're not up to speed with the people who usually post here and all.

OK.

I have too many big games to play. I am a few hours into Horizon. I got Persona 5 looking at me on my shelf. I still mean to go back to FF15. I should probably play Stardew valley at some stage....

NO MORE GAMES! until I clear this backlog.

I think I can manage until the holidays on this backlog.

TraBuch

Banned

Once again, it's like a jilted lover. People feel like they're being ignored, so they lash out and feel like the only way they can get attention is by being meaner and meaner. And it works. Brad only ever posts here when someone is being especially rude. Vinny only ever posts here when the "what do they even do all day!?" outcry gets loud enough. Jeff couldn't give a fuck less. Dan's the exception. He just comes in here randomly. Well, maybe not so randomly, just talk about Taco Bell a bit.

Top Bottom