• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Uh oh. Sega just announced a WWE tapper.
JDIo0TQ.gif

Curufinwe

Once again, it's like a jilted lover. People feel like they're being ignored, so they lash out and feel like the only way they can get attention is by being meaner and meaner. And it works. Brad only ever posts here when someone is being especially rude. Vinny only ever posts here when the "what do they even do all day!?" outcry gets loud enough. Jeff couldn't give a fuck less. Dan's the exception. He just comes in here randomly. Well, maybe not so randomly, just talk about Taco Bell a bit.

You're just making excuses for unreasonable behavior that serves no useful purpose.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the cover system is awful
the alert system is awful
the movement is bad(which makes the cover system even worse)
the localisation is a step down
the whole lockpick 'system' suddenly being a thing that wasnt in the previous persona games is REAL dumb

i hate persona more the more i have to do the dungeons

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you have to burn in game time to make lockpicks and as its something you can 'choose' to make they litter the dungeons with far more treasure chests

TraBuch

Banned
Then just make some? Unless you're following a guide and trying to min max every single thing in the game, what's it matter?

daveo42

Banned
Hi Brad.

I think some of the in-thread jokes can cross over into some more nasty stuff, but I hope you and the crew can see our love of the site and community. Keep on doodin' up dooders.

you have to burn in game time to make lockpicks and as its something you can 'choose' to make they litter the dungeons with far more treasure chests

You get Proficiency stat increases from working at the desk and there are a variety of tools you should be able to build as the game progresses. You also don't encounter all that many locked chests in each one. I'm fine with this system as it works more with the theme and you don't have to wait to either earn lockpicks from side quests or randomly from dungeon chests.

hamchan

Just a minor argument about the guys doing a Persona 5 ER and whether or not they had the time, and Vinny popped in to clear the air. Like always, seems like the only time the duders pop in here it's to defend themselves and their schedule unfortunately

Honestly, I wasn't the one who brought up the time thing. I was fine with them doing it whenever they wanted to at whatever schedule they wanted. I wasn't even attacking Vinny but pretty much complimenting him most of the time. I was perhaps making unfair assumptions about their job, like the Mondays off thing which I legitimately thought was true, but I think it's fairly ridiculous to call anything regarding yesterday's argument as being totally rude or assholish compared to some of the stuff that must get thrown at them. This was like light level customer feedback. And i still stick by what I said about being confident in their ability to do a P5 series without falling on their ass, even if they themselves don't think they can do it.

Anyways it's no big mystery why the guys don't post here. It's because like it or not, there is that barrier of us being paying customers and them being the providers. So essentially every time they post here they have to do some sort of customer service even if it's just answering easy questions to a bunch of fans. And everyone hates doing customer service. I know I sure do. But at least we know that they're reading the thread and the feedback and that's good enough for me tbh.

Hjod

Banned
On a more positive note, fuck Mr Shakedown, he ambushed me behind a corner while I wasn't paying attention.

And a kiss on the cheek to everyone who recommended Yakuza 0.

Curufinwe

Honestly, I wasn't the one who brought up the time thing. I was fine with them doing it whenever they wanted to at whatever schedule they wanted. I wasn't even attacking Vinny but pretty much complimenting him most of the time. I was perhaps making unfair assumptions about their job, like the Mondays off thing which I legitimately thought was true, but I think it's fairly ridiculous to call anything regarding yesterday's argument as being totally rude or assholish compared to some of the stuff that must get thrown at them. This was like light level customer feedback. And i still stick by what I said about being confident in their ability to do a P5 series without falling on their ass, even if they themselves don't think they can do it.

I think you're confusing don't want to do it, with can't do it.

hamchan

I think you're confusing don't want to do it, with can't do it.

Well their reasons for not wanting to do it was that it was a time and place thing and there's the risk of being a Mighty Number 9 and falling on their ass while trying to replicate past glories. Which I disagree with, since I think they're more like James Cameron going back to Terminator 2 and blowing it out of the park rather than Yooka-Laylee being the same old thing.

So it's both.

TraBuch

Banned
The problem is, Giant Bomb's basically a YouTube channel, just under a big corporation's banner. So you compare them to other YouTubers, people who literally release multiple videos a day, and GB's output looks really bad.

Wunder

On a more positive note, fuck Mr Shakedown, he ambushed me behind a corner while I wasn't paying attention.

Yeah once you get the trouble or encounter finder you can either hunt or avoid that guy whenever you want

The problem is, Giant Bomb's basically a YouTube channel, just under a big corporation's banner. So you compare them to other YouTubers, people who literally release multiple videos a day, and GB's output looks really bad.

wait what

daveo42

Banned

Anyways it's no big mystery why the guys don't post here. It's because like it or not, there is that barrier of us being paying customers and them being the providers. So essentially every time they post here they have to do some sort of customer service even if it's just answering easy questions to a bunch of fans. And everyone hates doing customer service. I know I sure do. But at least we know that they're reading the thread and the feedback and that's good enough for me tbh.

It's been covered to hell and back that Jeff and company that they aren't more because they don't want to retread on old territory and basically make Persona 4: 2. That's their decision. Also remember that the way Atlus is handling Persona 5 with everyone, they couldn't actually commit to an ER if the strict video restrictions would still be in place by the time they got around to 7/7 in game. At that point they either scrap whatever relationship they have with Atlus or drop the series. Neither are a good look.

As for feedback comment, there are times when the audience wants something that the creators aren't able to deliver or think pursuing it would not be a good idea. You can still voice your opinion on it without taking an assholish tone.

I... kinda really enjoy seeing a GB staff post in here, although I understand why they don't regularly. Like, this thread is constantly threading the needle between injoke-y and serious, which I find to be part of its charm, but it can get off the rails at times. Though I'd add it's only a bummer when it gets virulently negative.

Anyways, if y'all are lurking I just want to say keep up the good work. Y'all do some unique stuff. Any grousing I have had over #content is really not a big deal, and I'm sorry if it appears otherwise. (Although I really do like TOGS.)

Keep on keepin' on.

hamchan

It's been covered to hell and back that Jeff and company that they aren't more because they don't want to retread on old territory and basically make Persona 4: 2. That's their decision. Also remember that the way Atlus is handling Persona 5 with everyone, they couldn't actually commit to an ER if the strict video restrictions would still be in place by the time they got around to 7/7 in game. At that point they either scrap whatever relationship they have with Atlus or drop the series. Neither are a good look.

As for feedback comment, there are times when the audience wants something that the creators aren't able to deliver or think pursuing it would not be a good idea. You can still voice your opinion on it without taking an assholish tone.

I know all of the first paragraph. Fuck Atlus.

Also I think I did voice my opinion without being a huge asshole.

People bitching about no persona 5 ER, calling out the GB dudes as slacking.
Vinny came in the thread and call BS where BS needed to be called.

No one called them as slacking. But I did call out a fellow fan using the "They have a family" excuse for them, which Giant Bomb themselves didn't use btw. Because that's the real bullshit when everyone in the world has a family they have to look after too.

The thing about Mr Shakedown is that since he apparently always keeps your money so that you can win it back, it means you get infinite tries at beating him.

When you think about it Mr Shakedown is in a bad position.

Mr Shakedown is always destined to lose.

Vinny posted an AMA here and we were quite kind. Dan posts here pretty often as well. I think it's fine if people are critical at times in this thread. But I see more positive comments than negatives whenever I check this thread. Not sure why people keep saying people are negative in here, tbh. Sure, people can be crass or rude at times but it's all in good fun.

One thing's for sure, the GB crew are always lurking here giving us the death stare.

It's not all in good fun there are some genuine assholes in this thread, entitled sour people.

I am not saying its complete horseshit (if it was I wouldn't keep reading this thread) but its close at times.

Don't act like this thread is a bunch of rationale fun spirited people. Brad is completely right no wonder they barely post here.

Look how offended you got the one time people said you were a bit creepy Lik, now imagine 100's of people posting worse shit about you in a thread all the time. How likely would be to post in there (and not be a jerk)

convo

I got to the point of pulverizing Mr Shakedowns' existence in less than a second. Whenever there's a way to get absurdly powerful in a game i take it no matter how long it takes. Now he is getting robbed blind and i am the one doing the tormenting.

LiK

It's not all in good fun there are some genuine assholes in this thread, entitled sour people.

I am not saying its complete horseshit (if it was I wouldn't keep reading this thread) but its close at times.

Don't act like this thread is a bunch of rationale fun spirited people. Brad is completely right no wonder they barely post here.

Look how offended you got the one time people said you were a bit creepy Lik, now imagine 100's of people posting worse shit about you in a thread all the time. How likely would be to post in there (and not be a jerk)

There are a handful of jerks here who don't have any empathy but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt for the most part. If they annoy me, I will just put them on Ignore and move on. I do wish Brad would post more when people are being positive instead of only replying when something irks him.

daveo42

Banned
I know all of the first paragraph. Fuck Atlus.

Also I think I did voice my opinion without being a huge asshole.

Implied tone on the internet is hard to read and something that seems benign can come off completely different.

It's a bit creepy that you remember a time a poster was called a bit creepy.

But when is LiK not creepy?
Everyone is a little creepy and don't go denying it

hamchan

Anyways Vinny already responded quite nicely to this whole P5 ER thing and I thanked him for replying etc. No need to stir things up again when the thread had moved on already (though maybe it was actually Brad posting that stirred things up).

Let's talk about how annoying it is that they remastered PaRappa the Rapper without apparently adding any input lag calibration options. Like, what was the point of even doing the remaster if they weren't going to fix the biggest problem?

Mr. F

Banned
It's a bummer that the only time they post is when things get unruly enough, though. Like Brad you would have loved the Mass Effect dunkathon a few pages back (and maybe Vinny).

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Youtubers usually don't usually make 1+ hour videos and rather split it up to gain more view. They could easily "make" Yakuza 0 an endurance run if they just split the video file in 20 minute chunks. I prefer the Netflix style "just put it all up at once" method personally.

Youtubers usually don't usually make 1+ hour videos and rather split it up to gain more view. They could easily "make" Yakuza 0 an endurance run if they just split the video file in 20 minute chunks. I prefer the Netflix style "just put it all up at once" method personally.

they only did that with metal gear revengeance tho

Curufinwe

Most of the GB content I watch/listen to is behind a pay wall so it's a bit different than youtube.

Top Bottom