• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Youtubers usually don't usually make 1+ hour videos and rather split it up to gain more view. They could easily "make" Yakuza 0 an endurance run if they just split the video file in 20 minute chunks. I prefer the Netflix style "just put it all up at once" method personally.

I prefer that with Netflix specifically, but I really enjoy talking about GB content in this thread and that is made better by meting out episodes.

Hjod

Banned
Yeah once you get the trouble or encounter finder you can either hunt or avoid that guy whenever you want

I'll be on the lookout for that, I don't like him/them sneaking around haha.

Yakuza 0 still takes the cake for me. Glad you're enjoying it.

It's so great, the combat is so much fun, the essence of ass crushing is the best move so far haha.

The thing about Mr Shakedown is that since he apparently always keeps your money so that you can win it back, it means you get infinite tries at beating him.

When you think about it Mr Shakedown is in a bad position.

Mr Shakedown is always destined to lose.

Yeah it's a sad fate, and I've tried beating him a few times, but I'm still in chapter 2 so he hits to hard atm.

I got to the point of pulverizing Mr Shakedowns' existence in less than a second. Whenever there's a way to get absurdly powerful in a game i take it no matter how long it takes. Now he is getting robbed blind and i am the one doing the tormenting.

That's the goal, he is going down, sooner or later haha.

TraBuch

Banned
You're just making excuses for unreasonable behavior that serves no useful purpose.

It's been two hours since Brad made that post in here. Since then, he's gotten nothing but polite responses and "I don't blame you" posts and a couple posts with polite criticism. He hasn't responded. I bet if someone replied like an asshole and insulted him he'd have replied by now.

The unreasonable behavior has a purpose, and it's to get their attention, and it works. It's apparently the only thing that works.

Hindl

This is the only piece of Giant Bomb content I ever demand...

Breaking Brad: Champion Road

LE4ZoXul.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRGaIz5E7YU

I REALLY think it would be good. My fave peice of cotent on the site ever is The Running of the Lanterns, and I think this would match that.

I will donate a modestly large amount of money to charity to get Brad to try if that helps :p

No Cat Suit, no Peach

Let's do this

Curufinwe

It's been two hours since Brad made that post in here. Since then, he's gotten nothing but polite responses and "I don't blame you" posts and a couple posts with polite criticism. He hasn't responded. I bet if someone replied like an asshole and insulted him he'd have replied by now.

The unreasonable behavior has a purpose, and it's to get their attention, and it works. It's apparently the only thing that works.

Useful purpose.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

What?

kingocfs

Speaking of YouTube, I would actually like to see more of the guys REACTING to old Gamespot/Giant Bomb stuff. That commentary they did on that E3 doc for GOTY was great.

Dineren

Banned
I had to stop watching Jeff try to fix the arcade machine with 40 minutes left in the video and the last thing he said was that he feels good after flipping some dip switches. I take it that didn't work? Someone spoil me.

convo

Speaking of YouTube, I would actually like to see more of the guys REACTING to old Gamespot/Giant Bomb stuff. That commentary they did on that E3 doc for GOTY was great.

The onthespot video of the ps3 was the first time i ever saw Jeff. Or it could've been his interview about Budokai Tenkaichi or some other dragonball game.
Gamespot was the first video site on the internet i ever saw because i searched for more videos about New Super Mario Bros on the internet.

convo

This scorpio announcement had specs, no price and no Scalebound to take advantage of the new hardware. I would at least like to hear more about Crackdown 3 .

I really liked Bulletstorm.

Why did Gearbox get involved with this thing? Why do they continue to fuck things up?

Oh well, was never going to play the remaster but it certainly should have been treated better. It was a cool thing back when it was new. Also I remember the PC port being pretty solid back then and liking that a lot.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wonder why sometimes QLs don't show up in the "coming up" tab. I doubt it's a technical error, maybe they just like to surprise people from time to time.

This scorpio announcement had specs, no price and no Scalebound to take advantage of the new hardware. I would at least like to hear more about Crackdown 3 .

E3 is soon for all that business. Reading what's been shown today, it's both underwhelming and neat if you're really about Xbox or console gaming in general. I do hope they have a good line up of games. While I don't see myself getting another Xbox, if they stick with bringing games to PC I'd like to see them invest in some good ones to rally the new hardware.

And PaRappa music, still good.

LiK

I wonder why sometimes QLs don't show up in the "coming up" tab. I doubt it's a technical error, maybe they just like to surprise people from time to time.

*recording planned QL*

"Hey, this game came in, let's just record one"

"Any embargoes attached?"

"Nope"

*records additional QL*

"Okay, ship it."

Fantastapotamus

Man, I really want to play Bulletstorm again now. Loved that game. But I'm not gonna pay Gearbox 50€ for a game I already own just cause they put Duke Nukem and Denuvo in it.

Hindl

The original Bulletstorm was great. Solid 8/10. The cursing and story was bad, but it was good dumb fun. The point system and combat really incentivized you to do as much fucked up shit as possible

i love giant bomb! so what if i do ?

i even have a hoodie i wear from time to time! when people ask what a 'giant bomb' is, i look the other way !

strafer

I really wanna hate Gearbox but I'm always reminded that they made The Opposing Force Expansion and Band of Brothers which are excellent games.

Fantastapotamus

I really wanna hate Gearbox but I'm always reminded that they made The Opposing Force Expansion and Band of Brothers which are excellent games.

I'm not really sure where this "Gearbox is now the worst thing ever" sentiment is coming from tbh. They made some really bad games in the last couple of years but I dunno. The Homeworld Collection was fine.

Edit: Oh my god, this Duke Nukem thing is amazing. And by amazing I mean TERRIBLE

Brother in Arms.

I want a new one so bad, those were secretly the best WWII games. The squad control stuff still holds up and I play through Hell's Highway every couple years.

strafer

Brother in Arms.

I want a new one so bad, those were secretly the best WWII games. The squad control stuff still holds up and I play through Hell's Highway every couple years.

It was my first introduction to Troy Baker.

Remember Hill 30 having great sound design for it's time.

oti

Banned
I'm not really sure where this "Gearbox is now the worst thing ever" sentiment is coming from tbh. They made some really bad games in the last couple of years but I dunno. The Homeworld Collection was fine.

Edit: Oh my god, this Duke Nukem thing is amazing. And by amazing I mean TERRIBLE

Anything including Duke is terrible so it's very on-brand.

It was my first introduction to Troy Baker.

Remember Hill 30 having great sound design for it's time.

I forgot about that! Troy Baker played Matt Baker.

Not just sound design, the level design was fantastic because it was built around the squad flanking mechanics but didn't feel overly contrived with waist-high cover and whatnot.

pizzacat

Banned

Because randy pitchford tries so hard to be liked by the internet

Top Bottom