• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

oti

Banned
duke nukem is cool
image.php

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Persona 5 is making me want to revisit the 4 endurance run, especially sicne I only watched like half of it

LiK

I think it took 10 eps of P4 ER before they calmed down and started getting into the story. It's been a while but I enjoyed it. Sucks they never played P4G. Would've loved their reactions to the new scenes. They're hilarious.

Flipyap

Seems like Gearbox dropped the ball on this one.
Not really. It looks like a competent (though overpriced) port with some dumb (soon to be overpriced) pre-order DLC.
For whatever reason, Brad and Jeff seem to have expected People Can Fly to re-record all the dialogue and rewrite the story to fit a bonus joke character, which isn't something that would ever happen.

gop73kpt.gif

Really not feeling this Bulletstorm game. Never played the original and this QL ain't making me any more excited about it.

It's a dumb but good game overall thanks to its gameplay. You won't have a bad time playing it that's for sure.

Not really. It looks like a competent (though overpriced) port with some dumb (soon to be overpriced) pre-order DLC.

They should have done more honestly. I don't even know what Gearbox are doing these days except for Homeworld remaster(which released already) and releasing stuff for Battleborn(I assume). I guess they're working on a Borderlands 3? Which reminds me, I wonder when we'll also see their new Brother In Arms that they're supposedly working on.

Got around to reading the Scorpio specs, impressive stuff but in the end...

sod7wjs3.gif

Don't fail me at E3, MS. They really have to step up after the slew of greatness we got during these months on the PS4. I've never had my Xbox One turned off for this long, honestly.

Mr. F

Banned
I was kind of surprised the Xbox had more recognition than PS4 in that teen survey, there seems to be shit all to do on that thing.

I'm just looking forward to Jeff low key grilling Phil spencer at e3 as per tradition

So Danny's Japan thing is more then likely a FF14 doc?

Thats cool. Still think the turn around Square made from the first release to Realm Reborn is the best save a game company has made after launching a hot mess.

hamchan

It's weird. I love that I can play Xbox One games on my PC but it also feels like Microsoft has lost its importance as a console maker as a result, for me anyways. Like, the Scorpio specs have come out and I don't care since everything is on PC already.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's weird. I love that I can play Xbox One games on my PC but it also feels like Microsoft has lost its importance as a console maker as a result, for me anyways. Like, the Scorpio specs have come out and I don't care since everything is on PC already.

I felt the same way but then.....there are zero games MS puts out that I want to play, XBO or PC. Scalebound looked like it could be the first that actually interests me, even though I tend not to care for Platinum's stuff.

Flipyap

They should have done more honestly. I don't even know what Gearbox are doing these days except for Homeworld remaster(which released already) and releasing stuff for Battleborn(I assume). I guess they're working on a Borderlands 3? Which reminds me, I wonder when we'll also see their new Brother In Arms that they're supposedly working on.
It's not a Gearbox game, they're just the publisher in this case. Maybe People Can Fly could have done more, but I think it would be better for everyone if they got to make something new instead of polishing the balls of steel on some gimmicky DLC for an old-ass game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heh these first few eps of the P4 ER are quite short

It's not a Gearbox game, they're just the publisher in this case. Maybe People Can Fly could have done more, but I think it would be better for everyone if they got to make something new instead of polishing the balls of steel on some gimmicky DLC for an old-ass game.

Agreed.

I was kind of surprised the Xbox had more recognition than PS4 in that teen survey, there seems to be shit all to do on that thing.

I'm just looking forward to Jeff low key grilling Phil spencer at e3 as per tradition

Huh? It has all the big 3rd party games and most of them grew up with 360 and stayed with xbox for friends. As long as they have Madden, call of duty, fifa, Roblox and Minecraft they are fine with xbox. Teens don't really care about gravity Rush, horizon (maybe), Yakuza, persona and other niche Japanese games and don't have the love for sony that came from people playing ps1 and ps2 back in the day and brand loyalty/friends from the 360 era kinda got to them to ignore some parts of the PS3.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh? It has all the big 3rd party games and most of them grew up with 360 and stayed with xbox for friends. As long as they have Madden, call of duty, fifa, Roblox and Minecraft they are fine with xbox. Teens don't really care about gravity Rush, horizon (maybe), Yakuza, persona and other niche Japanese games and don't have the love for sony that came from people playing ps1 and ps2 back in the day and brand loyalty/friends from the 360 era kinda got to them to ignore some parts of the PS3.

Doesn't help with xbox one sales though.

Fuck you teens we actually have money!

I felt the same way but then.....there are zero games MS puts out that I want to play, XBO or PC. Scalebound looked like it could be the first that actually interests me, even though I tend not to care for Platinum's stuff.

Same, mostly. I'd get Sunset Overdrive in PC, should it happen, and the Phantom Dust remaster. Forza Horizon series is quality. But so far in 2017 the big Xbox game was Halo Wars 2...again, I'd love to see them have a strong showing at E3.

Hoping they learn from Sony's E3 conference last year, and Nintendo directs, by showing game after game. Typical MS style of telling instead of showing is unnecessarily dull. Who knows. Maybe people want the new Forza announced by bringing a car on stage.

Also, maybe they'll get Boyes on stage to talk Killer Instinct.

Top Bottom