• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

So, someone took my quote out of context and turned it into a WHY YOU ATTACK NINTENDO, eh?

All I was trying to say was that I don't feel GB's Switch coverage was too professional. I respect folks that are in game journalism, as I've seen many of them ripped to shreds over something as simple as a review score. I meant no ill will towards GB or any of their fans.

I appreciate their diligence in reporting what they thought was a design flaw, but I wouldn't panic until a reviewer who hasn't dropped the system onto concrete speaks up.

Hindl

2016/17 seems like its a pretty great time for video games.

Some would say there hasnt been a better time to play em'.

2015 wasn't a slouch either. 2014 was straight trash unless you liked Nintendo, but the industry has been on an upward trajectory since then

2016/17 seems like its a pretty great time for video games.

Some would say there hasnt been a better time to play em'.

2017 Games with confirmed release dates

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Yakuza 0
Nioh
For Honor
Halo Wars 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Night in the Woods
Horizon Zero Dawn
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Snipperclips
Nier: Automata
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Strafe
PaRappa the Rapper Remastered
Persona 5
Yooka-Laylee
The Silver Case(PS4)
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Prey
Injustice 2
Tekken 7
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Dirt 4
Yakuza Kiwami
Shadow of Wardor

robotrock

Banned

Yakuza 0
Nioh
For Honor
Halo Wars 2
Night in the Woods
Horizon Zero Dawn
Snipperclips
Strafe
Persona 5
Yooka-Laylee
The Silver Case(PS4)
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Prey
Injustice 2
Tekken 7
Dirt 4

u can add wardor to this list now aug 22 hype

also kiwami is confirmed summer so can it go on the list

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't really know why the point about the concrete thing is mocked. Like I've dropped on the floor multiple times already and it's dinged up, but I'm not going to go "GOOGLE DESIGN FLAW" for that.

Though actually it's really impressive how my nexus 6p screen not even shown a single crack yet despite how many times I've dropped it, especially on like stone/concrete floors. The bezels are fucked though.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I don't really know why the point about the concrete thing is mocked. Like I've dropped on the floor multiple times already and it's dinged up, but I'm not going to go "GOOGLE DESIGN FLAW" for that.

Though actually it's really impressive how my nexus 6p screen not even shown a single crack yet despite how many times I've dropped it, especially on like stone/concrete floors. The bezels are fucked though.

So you're telling me the nexus 6p isn't extremly fragile
/s

Teddified

Man just thinking about rorie's antics last night makes me laugh, the random just putting the screen protector on then taking it off, then sticking the tape on. lol

Yakuza 0
Nioh
For Honor
Halo Wars 2
Night in the Woods
Horizon Zero Dawn
Snipperclips
Strafe
Persona 5
Yooka-Laylee
The Silver Case(PS4)
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Prey
Injustice 2
Tekken 7
Dirt 4
Yakuza Kiwami
Shadow of Wardor

Crazy thing is only 3 from that list are not on PS4 (Halo Wars 2, BOTW, Snipperclips). And that's probably not a complete list. Also MLB 17 The Show is out on March 28th.

Clearly MS needs to go to japan and make sure they get Puyo Puyo Tetris on Scorpio.

Everybody should have Puyo Puyo Tetris! Hopefully it it's successful, someone could attempt to bring back Tetris Battle Gaiden to current consoles. I mean, all the Giant Bomb classics already seem to be (Windjammers, Puyo Puyo Tetris, etc.)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Huh, I didn't know the 6p has a reputation for fragility, because mine has been a tank honestly.

I have no idea if it actually has a reputation about being fragile it was more meant as a joke, I myself was linked that one earlier when someone joked about excessive violence being used in stress tests and that his arm would bend under the same amount of pressure.

EDIT: oh, robotrock just got banned? Wonder what that was about.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
robotrock banned?
Hmm, some of the posts in the Oscars thread perhaps.
Wasn't he banned very recently already?

Maaan I'm really trying to like night in the woods and conceptually I like the setting and mood of the premise and world, but I'm just not in the mood for the overbearingly "lol quirky" tone of the writing right now. If it was a bit more reserved and less concerned with trying to be funny all the time it would go down a lot smoother.
I feel like this happens more and more. Must be hard to do clever and funny characters without it, because it's really the tone of our time.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
2797275-8750426659-oBBoB.gif

Seeing that Middle-Earth rumor (cleary real, though) makes we wonder why in the interim since the release of the first game, has no one tried to ape the Nemesis System (or has someone?)? This Fall will mark three years since its release. That's plenty of time for someone to create their own version of the Nemesis System. I mean, that's probably what helped elevate the game to GOTY status for many place (like GB), so it's not like it was a throwaway gimmick or something.

Seeing that Middle-Earth rumor (cleary real, though) makes we wonder why in the interim since the release of the first game, has no one tried to ape the Nemesis System (or has someone?)? This Fall will mark three years since its release. That's plenty of time for someone to create their own version of the Nemesis System. I mean, that's probably what helped elevate the game to GOTY status for many place (like GB), so it's not like it was a throwaway gimmick or something.

It wasn't that good and isn't something broad enough to be aped by other games.

Chuck

Still without luck
I'd be genuinely interested to see if Giant Bomb's visits by people have been affected at all by Drew's meme craze and if those numbers dip back down, stay steady, or continue to build (i.e. new visitors are intrigued by what Giant Bomb offers as entertainment and continue to visit).

no one, no one, no one cares about the source of memes.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'd be genuinely interested to see if Giant Bomb's visits by people have been affected at all by Drew's meme craze and if those numbers dip back down, stay steady, or continue to build (i.e. new visitors are intrigued by what Giant Bomb offers as entertainment and continue to visit).

I mean, how often have you sought out the original source of a meme?

Strax

They've commented on it and said no.

Seeing all this positive Yakuza 0 talk makes me wonder if this could be Sony's best year in terms of PS4 games, especially those that have scored well. I mean, in terms of exclusives, they already have Horizon (out on Tuesday), Gravity Rush 2, Nioh (which they took over publishing of), and Yakuza 0 (timed? console?). Not to mention, Resident Evil VII has the PS4 exclusive VR mode, which, by all accounts, is incredibly well done. All of these were released in January and February. MLB The Show 17 is out next month (and while many of you don't care for sports games, that series sells like hotcakes and the scores are always in the 80-90 range).Nier: Automata is also out in March (out now in Japan) as a console exclusive. I wonder if they can keep it up or if there will be a dry spell. I don't know (off the top of my head) what other exclusives are coming within the next few months (or even longer than that).

(I know I'm probably missing some JRPGs or something)

This is what 2014 shoulda been, or at least 2015. Good lawd.

hamchan

I feel I'm real close to impulse buying a Switch but Zelda being literally the only game I want to play at launch is a really big bummer.

Top Bottom