• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Real talk though, just like p4, first dungeon of p5 wrapped up way too neatly.
She even recovered from her coma lol.

Maybe I'm in a nier kind of mood where i don't expect things to wrap up that neatly.

Not surprising one of the guys had to come in and nip that stuff.

Maybe if comments didn't come off as severely lacking in perspective there might have more discussion around it.

Anyways i need to look at that BulletStorm video since i actually liked that game.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Out of curiosity, and please keep it spoiler free, but how different is P5 from P4? Is it still the same basic loop or did they change that up? Get your social links up, make money, go to school on some days, go into dungeons or wait for the story to advance on other days etc. or has there been some drastic changes?

Also, does it still do that terrible thing where companions you don't take with you don't level up and basically become useless?

Antiwhippy

Out of curiosity, and please keep it spoiler free, but how different is P5 from P4? Is it still the same basic loop or did they change that up? Get your social links up, make money, go to school on some days, go into dungeons or wait for the story to advance on other days etc. or has there been some drastic changes?

Also, does it still do that terrible thing where companions you don't take with you don't level up and basically become useless?

Same loop. A lot more stuff to do though.

I haven't gotten to where i can change up parties but it seems like they can level outside the party.

The biggest change so far for me is that the dungeons are all hand-crafted and have some light puzzle-solving and exploration elements that make them dramatically more interesting. Plus the stealth/cover mechanics that are really simple but more fun than running through empty corridors and whacking enemies with a golf club. But yeah that structure is largely the same, just improved with lots of extra features and QOL stuff.

The biggest change so far for me is that the dungeons are all hand-crafted and have some light puzzle-solving and exploration elements that make them dramatically more interesting. Plus the stealth/cover mechanics that are really simple but more fun than running through empty corridors and whacking enemies with a golf club. But yeah that structure is largely the same, just improved with lots of extra features and QOL stuff.

The procedural dungeons were always the weakest part of the Persona games, so I'm glad to hear that. Although it sounds like the localisation took a bit of a hit in exchange.

valeo

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol the Persona 5 quicklook still isnt on youtube. Fucking Atlus man...

irohxjrc.png

220px-Tlcdvdrombox.jpg

Hell fucking YES

A scrub is a guy that think he's fine and is
Also known as a buster (buster, buster)
Always talkin' about what he wants
And just sits on his broke ass
So

Wunder

Some of the best moments of the ER are in the sub-50s. That sweet spot of liking the game but not really knowing how far certain cutscenes or mechanics go

Some of the best moments of the ER are in the sub-50s. That sweet spot of liking the game but not really knowing how far certain cutscenes or mechanics go

Maybe my favorite quote is in episode 29:
Charlie listen to me... kill the kid, torch the house, we gotta get outta here.

Also I just saw these enemies again in P5

Wunder

Maybe my favorite quote is in episode 29:
Charlie listen to me... kill the kid, torch the house, we gotta get outta here.

Also I just saw these enemies again in P5

God yes, so good.
Charlie, I'm gonna tell you something, you just gotta not react OK?

Also YES. When I saw those fuckers I yelled at the TV

Antiwhippy

So is there anything interesting from the scorpio unveiling?

I have no interest in microsoft games though so, eh either way.

Top Bottom