• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Look, jeff had a copy way in advance to cover it. He just doesn't want to play it. No need to further delude ourselves.

Honestly, I feel like he's missing out on a really good game for weirdly arbitrary reason, but more power to him I guess.

hamchan

When I think about it the cool surprise stuff only happens when Dan is involved.

I guess Dan really is the coolest guy at Giant Bomb.

Gestahl

The percentage of accounts that hit the first trophy in P5 was under 40% last I looked.

It's crazy how so many people buy a game and then dump it after an hour before any significant gameplay. And most of them don't even theoretically play videogames for a living

Scizzy

I post this periodically, but GBWest has posted more hours of content since Dan switched coasts than GBEast. I'm not saying it's better or worse content, but the knock that GBEast is putting in more work is false.

I bought Syndicate for PS3 today.

lrps1s.gif

ryseing

Grabbed it new off Amazon for $12. My PS3 isn't even hooked up.

Neither is mine. Last time I used it was a couple of months ago when I was in the mood for some NCAA. I bought Syndicate at release but it was stolen along with a bunch of other games a couple years back and I never bothered replacing it.

I really should replace some more of those hidden gems while they're cheap now. Think I also need to get Blur and Singularity.

The bombcast talking about old 1up stuff is bringing up names I haven't heard in a long time.

I actually thought about how much I missed Weekend Confirmed last week, and then they brought up Garnett which just reminded me of the pain. WC was my Friday afternoon jam during HS/early college.

Garnett then did a solo show but it never really caught on. He's at Twitch now.

bakedpony

The real indicator if they have plans for Persona 5 videos in the future is on how much they discuss the game on the podcasts. If both bombcast and beastcast avoid discussing the game, then that's weird and suspicious.

Alex will be watching his girlfriend play the game right? Let's see what the discussions are going to be like in the beastcast.

The entire original pitch for the endurance run was "neither of us have the time to actually play a 100 hour RPG so lets do it on company time".

And that was before they got old and had wife's and kids and still worked 5 days a week.

I bet most of them dont touch it again except Alex.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The entire original pitch for the endurance run was "neither of us have the time to actually play a 100 hour RPG so lets do it on company time".

And that was before they got old and had wife's and kids and still worked 5 days a week.

I think it's more telling that when jeff didn't want to play ME:A, the game he reached for is Ghost recon.

So he has the time, he just doesn't want to play it.

bakedpony

So why not do it again on company time?

I think it's more telling that when jeff didn't want to play ME:A, the game he reached for is Ghost recon.

So he has the time, he just doesn't want to play it.

The end of the P5 quick look though, there was a somewhat awkward (at least to me) bit there where Vinny asked Jeff if he was going to continue playing. Jeff said yes and awkwardly returned the question to Vinny who also said yes lol.

Personally, I think an ER is not necessary. A weekly playthrough will make most happy I think. The series being a premium feature will also GUARANTEE an increase on subscriptions.

Yeah I really don't see how this is going to turn the xbox brand around for microsoft.

Xbox has felt aimless ever since their goal of stopping Sony from owning the living room with a convergence device was rendered meaningless by that not being a thing. I mean, we have a convergence device in smart phones, but Microsoft fucked that up, too.

It also doesn't help that Xbox is a regional brand with limited global appeal and seems to be doing nothing to combat that rut. Instead, they appear to be investing heavily in service games, which basically makes them the same as every AAA publisher, all of whom have games on the PS4. So there's no differentiation, either.

Dineren

Banned
I just wish they would do more cross-coast content in general. I know scheduling makes it difficult, but it sucks they are so rare.

I can't complain too much about their content though, I think they've had a great year even with the lack of staff.

Tubobutts

If we all rewatch the endurance run the one line on the graph will cross the other line and Les Moonves will demand they do one for Persona 5.

Top Bottom