• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Salarians

Sounds like a nightmare.
tumblr_nvvgrpL2mD1uwfym3o1_540.png

Mr. F

Banned
Sooo im on 4/14 in P5

Just so I'm properly wrapping my head around this;
is the notion of everyone handwaving the blatant physical abuse because of volleyball really all there is to it? Also I can't tell if it's an open secret that the student is dating the teacher or if that's just another thing that is alright with people despite being like...illegal or whatever?? I guess maybe it's expected considering the theme so far is that adults are shit.

I'm really digging it so far, small confusions aside.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sooo im on 4/14 in P5

Just so I'm properly wrapping my head around this;
is the notion of everyone handwaving the blatant physical abuse because of volleyball really all there is to it? Also I can't tell if it's an open secret that the student is dating the teacher or if that's just another thing that is alright with people despite being like...illegal or whatever?? I guess maybe it's expected considering the theme so far is that adults are shit.

I'm really digging it so far, small confusions aside.

Yes.
It brings the school prestige, so the school overlooks kamoshida's transgressions.

Just look at the sandusky case as an example.

Mr. F

Banned
Yes.
It brings the school prestige, so the school overlooks kamoshida's transgressions.

Just look at the sandusky case as an example.

Well shit. Wasn't familiar with that sandusky case, horribly sad. I guess the part that threw me in particular was the parents going along with it.

Megasoum

Banned
I finally bought the Cities Skylines DLC today in the Paradox steam sale.

Now I'm rewatching the Cities and Simcity quicklooks...

Man... I forgot how much of a cluster fuck SimCity was.

MG310

This Parappa quick look is pretty much how I remember my time with it going. I could never make it past the cooking lesson.

Truth be told, the Duke Nukem gag in Bulletstorm could've worked if they had better writers. Basically what Saints Row the Third did with its zombie voice option.

Truth be told, the Duke Nukem gag in Bulletstorm could've worked if they had better writers. Basically what Saints Row the Third did with its zombie voice option.

I think Jeff nailed the problems with Duke Nukem back when the Bulletstorm was revealed, and it's that the people in charge of the Duke IP still think that Duke is cool.

Mechazawa

It's really unfortunate too because despite the weird reputation that game's marketing cultivated, Bulletstorm is actually an incredibly well written game.

Shoving Duke Nukem in there unsurprisingly poisons the actual comedic beats in the game.

Antiwhippy

The new chie sounds more right in the anime sense.

In that it makes sense that she would sound like this in a anime.

derFeef

This Parappa quick look is pretty much how I remember my time with it going. I could never make it past the cooking lesson.

I never played it. Does the rapping sound fluid if you nail the rhytm? And was the framerate bad in the video or is it just me?

Antiwhippy

I'm having the unfortunate predicament of enjoying P5 but being unable to stop thinking about Nier.

Also work

A lot of work.

Moaradin

P5 is better than P4.

20 hours in and I'm starting to agree. It's a long ass game and it could go in any direction at this point, but I've been digging everything so far. The biggest improvement is the dungeons, which are actually fun to do finally. First time in a persona game where they don't feel like a chore.

Main cast is shaping up a lot better too. Only met 3 of them so far, but they feel like actual humans this time around. Morgana >>> Teddie as a mascot character as well.

ArjanN

To be honest P5 basically seems like a more stylish version of P4 that (like P4) all of them would get burned out on long before the ending if they were playing it by themselves.

before a few weeks ago that was basically dan and vinny. i mean i guess they had both seen 4 or 5 at some point in their life.

it was me a few weeks ago tbh

Also, they range from plain bad to ok-ish action movies at best. There must be dozens of way better action movies they haven't seen yet I'd recommend before those.

Top Bottom