• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

oti

Banned
So are the dungeons in Persona 5 are more fun? Main reason I want this on Switch is the Dungeon grinding. If that's gone I'm totally fine with the PS4 version.

Wunder

So are the dungeons in Persona 5 are more fun? Main reason I want this on Switch is the Dungeon grinding. If that's gone I'm totally fine with the PS4 version.

I've only done one dungeon so take it with a grain of salt since I'm assuming the rest will be of the same relative quality, but I really liked it. I thought I'd hate dungeoning/combat and I probably would if it was in Persona 4's style. At this point I might even be enjoying combat more than the social stuff, mainly because I'm spoilt with choice and always feel bad choosing to pursue one confidant over the other.

After the first dungeon you unlock Mementos, which are basically the old dungeon style, and it allows for grinding/side quests since the dungeons close after you finish the story beats. I thought this was a really refreshing way to still include the random elements and also emphasize how much better the tailored dungeons are to the overall experience.

Jintor

Started P5, intended to play through with Japanese VA, to improve my listening (taking night classes currently).
But after 2 hours I've switched it to English...
I guess all the little non subtitled bits were annoying me? I dunno, but happier now.

The game is so good! The ER too.

Honestly, you just don't progress except on raw pronouncing of phenomones if you have subs/read English while listening to JPN. Gotta go full JPN or nothing, and be prepared for it to take agggessss or for you to get bored and frustrated, for any of it to stick

Switched from playing P5 to my desk made a nice difference too, I dunno why.
Honestly, you just don't progress except on raw pronouncing of phenomones if you have subs/read English while listening to JPN. Gotta go full JPN or nothing, and be prepared for it to take agggessss or for you to get bored and frustrated, for any of it to stick
Yeah, I know it is / was a real token addendum to my normal study.

But I ain't going full JPN.
Read kana is fine, but kanji? I know like 5.

iuy6ss0e.png

This is a game I know nothing about, except for the fact that they updated it like hell. Not into MMOs but really looking forward to knowing more.

I laughed way harder than I should have.

Real talk, is it a big mystery why we don't post here? I'm genuinely curious.

When the only posts that get attention are negative ones, it's no surprise that there's been a significant increase in negative/rude ones.

There's plenty of constructive criticism/positive talk in this thread.

Engage with the conversations you like and you may just see a shift in tone in the thread in my honest opinion.

Gjerven

I like how there is a star beside "The Giant Beastcast (Premium)"-link in the podcasts drop down menu, but no matter how many times I click it, it is still there, taunting..

Real talk, is it a big mystery why we don't post here? I'm genuinely curious.
Not at all (anymore), I see people being unempathetic dicks too often (as well as having legitimate conversion, good chat and feedback).
When the only posts that get attention are negative ones, it's no surprise that there's been a significant increase in negative/rude ones.

There's plenty of constructive criticism/positive talk in this thread.

Engage with the conversations you like and you may just see a shift in tone in the thread in my honest opinion.
If people are going to be rude when they don't get attention, then surely the logical thing would be to never engage again?
It's hardly fair to be "if ye don't engage normally, we're going to be assholes and talk shit about your work habits", is it?*

* addendum being I think there should totally be a dialogue, or that I would like one, but I hate seeing people being jerks in the thread

Not at all (anymore), I see people being unempathetic dicks too often (as well as having legitimate conversion, good chat and feedback).

If people are going to be rude when they don't get attention, then surely the logical thing would be to never engage again?
It's hardly fair to be "if ye don't engage normally, we're going to be assholes and talk shit about your work habits", is it?*

* addendum being I think there should totally be a dialogue, or that I would like one, but I hate seeing people being jerks in the thread

If they didn't engage at all that would be valid, but they do. People know the only time criticism is addressed is when someone oversteps the line.

Nobody is condoning the crazies in the thread, all I'm saying is that the duders have more power than they think in guiding the tone of the thread if they really care that much (which I suspect they don't, which is fine).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair we shouldn't have the duders guiding us on how to not act like dicks to them.

There's a line between fun making and active maliciousness that this thread sometimes delve into.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I mean that's what this thread is.

It might be because I'm an asshole too but I don't think the thread is that negative all the time.

Is there really that much constructive criticism here?

There isn't usually, but I think that's also partially cause nobody expects them to read this thread so nobody (including me) really tries to be constructive which is much less fun than exaggerating.

Is there really that much constructive criticism here?

Yes, all the time.

There were frank discussions about UPF for ages before sheer apathy took over and it turned into a thread joke.

Criticism is valid. A lot of people in the thread confuse criticism with shitposting too IMO. There's a really tendency to try and shout it down. Discussion about the format/type/game content of shows is totally fine in here, most of us are paying after all, but usually when there's 5 posts in a row of that people come in whining about how negative the thread is.

The stuff that isn't on is the personal shit/accusations of people not doing their job which is definitely in the minority, but is the only stuff that gets attention from the guys. The vacuum feeds that shit and then it gets ultimately gets validated by one of the guys coming in to discuss it.

Everyone is just assuming that the answer to Brad's "You do realize why we don't post here, right?" question is "Because everyone here is an asshole"

Maybe they post here when things are negative because that's when they actually have something to say/argue against/justify, but when the thread is about how good GB is then they feel weird about joining in on patting themselves on the back. I feel like I've heard one of them actually say something like this at some point.

Everyone is just assuming that the answer to Brad's "You do realize why we don't post here, right?" question is "Because everyone here is an asshole"

Maybe they post here when things are negative because that's when they actually have something to say/argue against/justify, but when the thread is about how good GB is then they feel weird to join in on patting themselves on the back. I feel like I've heard one of them actually say something like this at some point.

Yeah of course, but also, there's often plenty of negativity in here that is not personal but a genuine grievance with the offering, that is rarely addressed.

It's not all or nothing.

Scizzy

Yes, all the time.

There were frank discussions about UPF for ages before sheer apathy took over and it turned into a thread joke.

Criticism is valid. A lot of people in the thread confuse criticism with shitposting too IMO. There's a really tendency to try and shout it down. Discussion about the format/type/game content of shows is totally fine in here, most of us are paying after all, but usually when there's 5 posts in a row of that people come in whining about how negative the thread is.

The stuff that isn't on is the personal shit/accusations of people not doing their job which is definitely in the minority, but is the only stuff that gets attention from the guys. The vacuum feeds that shit and then it gets ultimately gets validated by one of the guys coming in to discuss it.

Posts saying that UPF sucks, GBWest doesn't put in any work, Brad is lazy, the Bombcast is boring now, Dan is annoying, there isn't enough premium content, etc. so heavily outweigh actual constructive criticism that it's not close. And the idea that people shitpost to get attention from the guys seems totally illogical to me.

UPF is the most stale/skippable thing they do.

The Bombcast badly needs fresh blood (not their fault tbf).

There was a point last year when there was absolutely not enough premium content (no-one is complaining about that right now surely).

All of these things are true that if properly addressed could actually be a good thing for the thread.

Fantastapotamus

There was a point last year when there was absolutely not enough premium content (no-one is complaining about that right now surely).

All of these things are true that if properly addressed could actually be a good thing for the thread.

The Bombcast right now is on fire though (in a good way)

kiguel182

It's probably hard to ignore when someone is saying you don't do anything or how they not doing x is because they are lazy or something.

Constructive criticism like "I wish Dan waited for the subtitles to finish before skipping them" is addressed more often than not. Of course there are bigger issues like changing UPF and stuff like that that is harder to address or talk about but that's understandable.

I thinking wishing there was more of some type of content is okay but assuming there isn't for lack of work is insulting really and adds nothing to the conversation.

Scizzy

I don't really find any of this to be particularly constructive. It's not mean, or shitposty, or anything, but I don't see what value the team would get from responding to it directly.

Fantastapotamus

The thing about UPF is that while it's apparently not that popular here it's one of their most popular features overall (I think Jeff said that some time ago). So they really don't have any incentive to change UPF just to appease some dudes on NeoGaf. You just have to accept that this one thing might not be for you.

newjeruse

Apropos to nothing, I hope Brad gets back into Horizon. It's the kind of science fiction that's right up his alley and I think he would eat up the story in the later parts of the game.

kiguel182

I think they said UPF was their most popular content. Personally I like how it's chill and they are just hanging out. What I would change maybe is the type of games they chose to play sometimes but that's a personal preference.

But saying "UPF sucks" doesn't really warrant a response that's for sure.

Meneses

The thing about UPF is that while it's apparently not that popular here it's one of their most popular features overall (I think Jeff said that some time ago). So they really don't have any incentive to change UPF just to appease some dudes on NeoGaf. You just have to accept that this one thing might not be for you.

I think this is a good way of looking at it. Some things will be to someone's taste, while others won't - and the opposite will probably happen with another person. That's how tastes work.

You don't need to watch everything (for example, I skipped some GotY segments about stuff i wasn't interested in, or most of project BEAST back in the day).

Of course, this isn't exactly a perfect solution considering those times when the content is more scarce, but in general there's always at least something any given person will enjoy.

I actually think it's weirder that anyone loves absolutely everything GB puts out.

Top Bottom