• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Xater

Dan on Drawn to Death: "BMX XXX is a work of comedic genius compared to this."

Like I said, it's terrible. On top of the bad style it also doesn't play well.

PS: All of a sudden I got two job interviews next week. I'm going to Frankfurt on Monday and to Munich on Tuesday.

jbug617

Banned
Really curious what you thought was wrong about it

I just think they didn't get to read all the info about it. Most of the conversation went into if I don't have a 4K tv, I really don't need it. MS did address about users that just have a 1080p tv.

The talk about needing games is correct.

hamchan

Look at the OP and tell me that type of thing tells anyone outside of the culture of these threads would see that as an accurate, good, or funny summary of GB? The "jokes" in this community often insult the GB staff on a personal level and even the innocent ones have never been funny. "Brad's leaving" wasn't funny 4 years ago and still isn't funny today. Actual criticism is fine, but insulting people because they're not outputting 40+ hours of content a week is ridiculous--if you're unhappy then cancel your sub. Discussions often become creepy or veer into unrelated subjects--which, no one except the most frequent posters care about. Most poster don't care about the results of the 2011 GOTY deliberations. The same arguments get reposted ad nauseam. It's unhealthy to obsess over stuff like that.

I post less and less often in these threads because of how terrible the discussion is and how terrible some of the posts directed at GB staff are. I firmly believe a less active thread, that only focuses on content, would make for a far better community than what currently exists.

It seems to me maybe you should stop posting in this thread outright since all you've been posting lately is how terrible we are.

hamchan

In 2 hours time it's the end of the Fast and Furious run, perhaps the best idea for content ever. Prepare tissues. Thanks Alex.

derFeef

PS: All of a sudden I got two job interviews next week. I'm going to Frankfurt on Monday and to Munich on Tuesday.

Good Luck!

Since I read that suff about Jaffe, fuck that game.

I'm now about 15 hours into P5 and I can say the opening of P5 is way better than P4. The dungeons are a huge improvement and they do a much better job of getting you into the action than 4 did. I also like the social links gives you bonuses besides just bonus exp when fusing. All in all A+ game so far.

Hindl

Ugh I've been wanting to play Persona but I haven't been able since Tuesday. The past two days I've had a concert to go to right after work and I just want to go home and play it tonight

Catvoca

Banned
Finally getting to sit down with Persona today
tumblr_m92hstiRax1qme7wt.gif

kiyomi

Zero interest in playing it myself but the Battlegrounds QL was a ton of fun to watch. Survivalist Vinny is Best Vinny.

Best of luck!

vvbjbo1l.gif

I had to look up the "Babadook" he mentioned. That shit looks fucked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szaLnKNWC-U

It's a great psychological horror film about grief and depression.

BearPawB

Banned
Watching now after listening to the podcast segment.
Someone needs to take this idea, polish the hell out of it and release it on consoles. Like Nintendo. Mushroom Kingdom Battle Royale.

I am constantly surprised there hasn't been a AAA attempt at this.
These games do amazing numbers and are made by tiny groups.
The games are buggy as hell/all sorts of netcode issues.

With a big team this would be a really easy game to do "right"/look stunning/be bug free

Joeku

Haven't watched it yet but if it's another one of these pseudo-Battle Royale things didn't The Division sort of introduce a separate game mode like that? That is AAA.

Meguro

Banned
The Division's Survival DLC kinda is like that.
It's a really polished and compact version of that gameplay experience.
It's pretty fun actually, even as someone not into those Battle Royal games.
Edit: Whoops too late.

BearPawB

Banned
Haven't watched it yet but if it's another one of these pseudo-Battle Royale things didn't The Division sort of introduce a separate game mode like that? That is AAA.

Ohhh yeah I do remember hearing something about that.
But it came out far too late to get any traction

This Is The Run: Be the surviving individual in a game of PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS

This is a great idea

Joeku

The Division's Survival DLC kinda is like that.
It's a really polished and compact version of that gameplay experience.
It's pretty fun actually, even as someone not into those Battle Royal games.
Edit: Whoops too late.

I think I heard Austin talk about it somewhere. Was that free DLC like the year 2 stuff? I kinda want to try that.

daveo42

Banned
I hope they just play it on their own time. Fuck the ER. Just play it so it can win GOTY.

I feel like it'll be Alex pushing for #10 as Jeff doesn't seem all that interested in playing it and Vinny doesn't have the time outside of work to dedicate to a 100+ hour game. Hopefully it at least makes best Style.

BearPawB

Banned
This is dire...

Yeah, we got into a nightmare where not only did we not get an ER, but Jeff seems to not even WANT to play the game, and 100 hour games are too much for VInny

I think Dan is wrong. Dan would like Persona a lot. It's much less of a visual novel than i think he thinks it is

ryseing

I think I heard Austin talk about it somewhere. Was that free DLC like the year 2 stuff? I kinda want to try that.

It's paid but definitely worth the $15. I've had a ton of fun with it. Ideally you want to go in with 2-3 friends.

Hopefully a Division sequel has the mode in from the start.

LiK

Yeah, we got into a nightmare where not only did we not get an ER, but Jeff seems to not even WANT to play the game, and 100 hour games are too much for VInny

I think Dan is wrong. Dan would like Persona a lot. It's much less of a visual novel than i think he thinks it is

100 hour is such an exaggeration. That's only if you actually try to do every little thing in a Persona game. I did two runs in P4G (blind and True Ending and had 80+ hours total). They could just play on the easiest difficulty and blast through the combat for the story. The game's story goes by quickly from what I played so far. I bet they could beat it faster than BotW. Such a shame.

Alex is the hero we need.

daveo42

Banned
I agree Persona 5 is going much faster than P4G with how it's setup, but I think 100 hours is probably right for a playthrough.

It's still a very text heavy game, moreso than most RPGs out there. Not real sure if he'd make it more than a few hours.

Top Bottom