• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

LiK

It's still a very text heavy game, moreso than most RPGs out there. Not real sure if he'd make it more than a few hours.

I think higher of Dan's attention span. Text isn't that bad. It's not anymore than the Yakuza games when it comes to dialogue, imo. And most of the dialogue is pretty funny.

BearPawB

Banned
100 hour is such an exaggeration. That's only if you actually try to do every little thing in a Persona game. I did two runs in P4G (blind and True Ending and had 80+ hours total). They could just play on the easiest difficulty and blast through the combat for the story. The game's story goes by quickly from what I played so far. I bet they could beat it faster than BotW. Such a shame.

Alex is the hero we need.

For P5 100 hours does not seem to be an exaggeration

How long to beat puts P4G at 70 hours for main story

And p5 is 104 just for main story
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=15221

daveo42

Banned
I think higher of Dan's attention span. Text isn't that bad. It's not anymore than the Yakuza games when it comes to dialogue, imo. And most of the dialogue is pretty funny.

Yakuza has a better balance between action and dialogue. While some of the dialogue sections can last a while, it's usually balanced with equal parts of fighting dudes and running around town. In Persona it's way more one or the other. P5 is at least way better about breaking up the dungeons with cutscenes and dialogue, I just don't think he'd be as interested in spending a few hours just going through dialogue, even though for me that is my jam.

LiK

For P5 100 hours does not seem to be an exaggeration

How long to beat puts P4G at 70 hours for main story

And p5 is 104 just for main story
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=15221

I don't trust that site. It's just a guesstimate from readers and who knows how long they did a bunch of grinding and side activities. I beat P4G's main story blind in like 40+ hours first time. Only slightly more using a guide to get the True Ending. I trust my own play time clock over that site.

People also said The Witcher 3 was 100+ hours and that's not even true. Vinny ende dup playing through it the next year and he loved it. This might happen with P5, I guess.

Edit: I don't want them feeling intimidated by potential length and not even try playing through most of it just to see how it goes.

lkuyr2o0s.gif

Film & 40s: Furious 7
Vinny, Dan, and Alex get together for one last ridiculous ride. Salute, mi familia.

Salute, mi familia.

Meneses

Like I said, it's terrible. On top of the bad style it also doesn't play well.

PS: All of a sudden I got two job interviews next week. I'm going to Frankfurt on Monday and to Munich on Tuesday.

Good luck on your interviews with GrößeBombe East and West.

I don't know if those cities are in the east / west

Xater

Thanks guys.

After I wrote that a third interview lined up. Feels good to see something happen after 2 months of writing lots if applications.

BearPawB

Banned
Yeah, my eyes were definitely watering while watching that end.

Even with the CGI Paul. It couldn't take me out of that sad moment

strafer

Yeah, my eyes were definitely watering while watching that end.

Even with the CGI Paul. It couldn't take me out of that sad moment

The first time I saw it I didn't even realise the CGI, i was just so into the moment, the second time I noticed, but it's really well done.

Xater

The first time I saw it I didn't even realise the CGI, i was just so into the moment, the second time I noticed, but it's really well done.

When I saw it in the theater I was looking for the CGI and had a hard time noticing it. Curious to see if I will also have an easier time on my second viewing.

Mr. F

Banned
Listening to the beastcast I had totally forgotten Xbox one was positioned as the all in one TV thing at first. It's crazy how far they've walked back so much of their initial pitch between snapping, tv functions, and Kinect. Thanks Mattrick!

Persona 5 in a sentence:

vmrIyL1.png

Ryuji is boss

BearPawB

Banned
Right? I was looking at this and thinking "Man, this looks so much better than DayZ or that H1Z1 game."

it still looks buggy/laggy
But it doesn't seem to have the problems with hits/bullets registering that King of the Kill has

And i like that it has minimal "Crafting"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
remember dayz
remember conan exiles
remember the culling

i just feel lke all these games all have a life span of about 3 months

Tagyhag

remember dayz
remember conan exiles
remember the culling

i just feel lke all these games all have a life span of about 3 months

This one seems like they're trying to fix the flaws of those.

But you're right, considering these games live and die by the community, some bots would be nice.

EVERY MP GAME SHOULD HAVE BOTS.

Top Bottom