• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Dineren

Banned
I'll definitely be getting Stardew Valley again, that is a perfect game for a portable. I just wish it was possible to move my PC save over.

Meneses

I wonder how many people are backtracking on their "shitty old indie games as your library" comments from the other console launches.

repeater

If the Switch delivers on the promise of being the new Vita (plus Nintendo class first-party support), I'm getting two. (Just like I did with the Vita.)

killroy87

I really hope they watched that Direct, and chat about it on the bombcast. I really feel like that was a massive slam dunk for Nintendo.

Catvoca

Banned
Hyped for stardew and overcooked, bummed about no Rocket League doe.

Rocket League with added Mario Karts would be
GFfSlEz.gif

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I usually get my indies on steam but the portable nature of the switch and the support it seems to be getting probably means the switch will be my indie machine from now on. Really happy that it doesn't use a proprietary memory solution because that would have turned me off completely to that idea. Micro sd is cheap enough for me to buy lots of games digital.

Catvoca

Banned
I hope Nintendo has proper sales for its indie games. The other platforms all regularly have good deals on digital games but Nintendo is usually pretty bad about that stuff.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I usually get my indies on steam but the portable nature of the switch and the support it seems to be getting probably means the switch will be my indie machine from now on. Really happy that it doesn't use a proprietary memory solution because that would have turned me off completely to that idea. Micro sd is cheap enough for me to buy lots of games digital.

Indies (made with Unity) will probably run like shit on it due to well, Unity. I'd wait until you go all in.

The Switch seems like its gonna be the next Vita aka portable indie machine.

Plus Nintendo stuff.

That seems OK.

I aint getting it day one but if they can get a Vita level of indie support and maybe try get some old legacy games like Apelunky I would definitely jump on one, one of these days.

Also I have come to terms that me and Austin Walker want completely diffrent things from games. I dont jive with that guys tastes all that much.

Far Cry 2 was a bad game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping for a Torment QL, then after reading some reviews on it, I realized they will hate this game and it will probably be a boring QL.

Like Shadow Tactics before it, there are awesome games that just aren't up the crew' alley and/or don't show off well on video. Torment is the latter. LOTS of awesome writing doesn't necessairly make an interesting video.

That said the game sounds pretty great and if folks are into that sort of thing (reading and lots of it), they should check out Torment. I have heard of some console issues, but AFAIK the PC version is quite good.

Think I'll wait til the archive in case the 8-4 guys are as fast and loose with spoilers as they use to be. Wouldn't want to know if there's a boomerang in Zelda BotW.

Top Bottom