• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

8-4 cast?

ljadndexclqdpyfvwfvs.gif

daveo42

Banned
What happens to the Bombcast after Drew is gone if Jason is sick.

I'm sure Jeff will cover if that's the case. He's not at the same level of Drew or Jason or Vinny, but he's got some A/V chops and I'm sure he's been trying to gleam as much info as he can in the case that Jason takes a sick day before they get another producer/editor.

Edit: Oh sorry...um...they force Drew to intern again just to cover for Jason?

I'm sure Jeff will cover if that's the case. He's not at the same level of Drew or Jason or Vinny, but he's got some A/V chops and I'm sure he's been trying to gleam as much info as he can in the case that Jason takes a sick day before they get another producer/editor.

Edit: Oh sorry...um...they force Drew to intern again just to cover for Jason?

In case? With that baby, it's a near certainty.

Kimaka

I was hoping for a Torment QL, then after reading some reviews on it, I realized they will hate this game and it will probably be a boring QL.

Like Shadow Tactics before it, there are awesome games that just aren't up the crew' alley and/or don't show off well on video. Torment is the latter. LOTS of awesome writing doesn't necessairly make an interesting video.

That said the game sounds pretty great and if folks are into that sort of thing (reading and lots of it), they should check out Torment. I have heard of some console issues, but AFAIK the PC version is quite good.

They will probably quick look it and give it to Rorie since he's their resident CRPGs guy. Rorie will then never leave the starting area and Brad will lament not having enough time to play these types of games.

Man, I think this is my breaking point. I don't like 8-4 at all. I'm pretty much done caring about West until they get new people or something. Between the crappy call in UPFs and the terrible bombcasts, I've lost all care about west other than the Jeff at home streams.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I think this is my breaking point. I don't like 8-4 at all. I'm pretty much done caring about West until they get new people or something. Between the crappy call in UPFs and the terrible bombcasts, I've lost all care about west other than the Jeff at home streams.
Bring in Will Smith and rename the podcast.

HeWms9g.jpg

kingocfs

"Bombcast is boring! Do something different! Bring it new people!"

*brings in new people*

"No, not these people! Fuck!"

daveo42

Banned
I just wrapped RE7. Was a real good game. I liked the tone shift in the back 3rd of the game. Sad to hear the DLC isn't as good as I hoped.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Like honestly. They have a few landmark games from Japan to talk about and they bring in devs/translators from Japan who can talk Zelda, RE7, Switch, Nioh, Nier etc and people still complain.

Hjod

Banned
I literally canceled my switch preorder last week, I am not regretting that decision.

A lot of people on GAF canceled their Switch preorder multiple times.

I just want the Switch and Zelda to be released already (and be awesome, not that I'm buying) so we can go back to normal.

Par Score

Yep, they're really phoning it in.

If I wanted to listen to 8-4 Play I would, and I don't

Mupod

I don't like how Alex isn't letting them play Yakuza 0 organically. Just play the game and you'll see what you'll see.

Huh? What exactly is the complaint here? He's clarified a few things, and brought up some suggestions from the comments, but he's not even going as far as suggesting Dan go to X place for a hilarious sidequest or whatever.

They've spent so much time talking about gameplay mechanics that could be explained by reading the controls in the menu for 30 seconds, case in point their ongoing misunderstanding of equippable weapons. Saving every time they walk past a phone booth is also a waste of time. For the sake of my sanity over the course of how many dozens of episodes we're going to have of this, I think Alex is my only hope.

I mean I ain't expecting pro level play here but I hope Dan at least finds the lock-on button and learns that you can grab people off the ground in Beast style. Hopefully Majima's playstyle clicks with him a little better.

Top Bottom