• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Nerokis

I don't know how you can dislike the 8-4 guys. I don't listen to their podcast, but they're always totally nice and knowledgeable and interesting.

Like honestly. They have a few landmark games from Japan to talk about and they bring in devs/translators from Japan who can talk Zelda, RE7, Switch, Nioh, Nier etc and people still complain.

Yeah, they're good people, and this is a great time to have them on. If their yearly appearance on the Bombcast is your "breaking point," you've probably let yourself get a little too caught up in the negativity surrounding GBWest in this thread recently.

I don't like how Alex isn't letting them play Yakuza 0 organically. Just play the game and you'll see what you'll see.

Gotta disagree. Series would be much worse without Alex providing just a touch of direction.

I mean I ain't expecting pro level play here but I hope Dan at least finds the lock-on button and learns that you can grab people off the ground in Beast style. Hopefully Majima's playstyle clicks with him a little better.

wtf

is this true

Mupod

wtf

is this true

yes. You can then slam them on the ground, Hulk on Loki style. Or stand them up so that they're stunned. I beat Kiryu's third boss on hard mode without taking any damage this way. Beast style more like best style, I never got tired of that grab and swing move to clear out a whole pack of goons.

C5wuK2AWcAA4Xq0.jpg:large

Happy Birthday to this fellow :(

Meguro

Banned
90 hours and Dan isn't even 100% done?
How huge is Zelda?
What the hell. It took me less time to finish The WItcher 3.
How am I supposed to finish Zelda and Nier before Persona 5 now :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
When is the Zelda embargo up? Hopefully they didn't Ubisoft it up too much.

3D Zeldas other than OOT are bad.

ArjanN

90 hours and Dan isn't even 100% done?
How huge is Zelda?
What the hell. It took me less time to finish The WItcher 3.
How am I supposed to finish Zelda and Nier before Persona 5 now :(

Hard to say what that means in an open world game though.

No one is really complaining.

See below:

Yep, they're really phoning it in.

If I wanted to listen to 8-4 Play I would, and I don't

Man, I think this is my breaking point. I don't like 8-4 at all. I'm pretty much done caring about West until they get new people or something. Between the crappy call in UPFs and the terrible bombcasts, I've lost all care about west other than the Jeff at home streams.

I've switched over to the AMD stream. Much more entertaining

Nobody remembers that because it controlled like fucking shit and had awful world/dungeon design.

i thought it had some of the best dungeons in the series tbh.. only possible because of its unique control scheme. definitely a learning curve (and the game gives you a painfully long time to adjust with its tutorializing) but i really don't think it controlled like "fucking shit." i was just watching that pro SS player crushing the final boss in seconds--it's pretty cool to see what you can do with that level of fidelity in sword play. it's pretty much the execution of what the original wii promised. i feel like it's a landmark game for that system. I won't disagree on the world design tho.

i would love an hd remake that tightens up the narrative a bit. it looks awesome in dolphin

Top Bottom