• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Volotaire

I thought the timeshift stone mechanics in some of the SS dungeons, in which the environment changed in real time, were incredible. I have major gripes with a large portion of the game's structure, mechanics and design, but I really enjoyed most of the dungeons in SS.

Hindl

Has Jeff played more than the opening of BotW?

Not much past it. He's unsure about Nintendo cloud saves, so he's been playing on the office Switch, but doesn't want to play too much since he'll have to replay it all when his personal one comes in on Friday

Not looking hopeful for Breath of the Wild to be the first Legend of Zelda game I actually finish.

You could just go to the end boss whenever you start getting bored. It'll just be harder

I thought the timeshift stone mechanics in some of the SS dungeons, in which the environment changed in real time, were incredible. I have major gripes with a large portion of the game's structure, mechanics and design, but I really enjoyed most of the dungeons in SS.

Yeah the whole desert section in general was incredible. Didn't mind revisiting it a few times

There's a whole lot salvageable in Skyward Sword and one day they should do a fixed remaster for it.

Mupod

Not much past it. He's unsure about Nintendo cloud saves, so he's been playing on the office Switch, but doesn't want to play too much since he'll have to replay it all when his personal one comes in on Friday

the phrase 'nintendo cloud saves' just reminded me that I lost a few Wii U saves this weekend. Did you know that if you have ANY external drive attached to the Wii U it starts putting ALL game saves (including disc games) onto it? I sure didn't, so my Tokyo Mirage Sessions save file got Nintendo'd. I can only imagine the kind of fuckery you'd get with them doing cloud saves.

Tunoku

I really wonder how long that Switch stream will be.

It's 5 retail games and then more than half a dozen downloadables, but some of those are stuff like World of Goo. Depends on how long they play Zelda or listen to the eshop music. God, I hope the eShop music is great.

3qxwTrr.png

I'm getting caught up on podcasts, and I've had to skip my first bombcast since listening.

Nothing against Peter Brown but it's the same old games shit from his last appearance and then his 8-4 appearance.

Old games are dumb

I really wonder how long that Switch stream will be.

Like 3 hours, maybe?

Are they gonna have it patched up? The Wii U day 1 experience was downloading like 10mb for 3 hours because it was a piece of shit

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I could theratically break the screen with one drop.

Though I actually don't know about the standards for screen hardness anymore actually. My nexus 6p's screen survived so may drops on very hard surfaces. Also surprisingly scratch free.

And I don't use cases like the luddites out there.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Worse, it has created an insatiable appetite causing him to seek out and consume every Switch cart he can find like that thing from Spirited Away.

Big publishers just can't leave the used game market alone. Shame they had to resort to creating zombies to devour their product, but I'm pretty sure this was Activision's endgame all along anyway.

I'm increasingly hoping that the Switch demand is really high and I can flip mine, because the build quality doesn't seem great. I'll probably give Zelda a go that night I get it and unless I'm completely blow away by it I'll sell on Craigslist or something.

I'm increasingly hoping that the Switch demand is really high and I can flip mine, because the build quality doesn't seem great. I'll probably give Zelda a go that night I get it and unless I'm completely blow away by it I'll sell on Craigslist or something.

Just saw a post in the preorder thread that a guy saw a Switch go for $574...and the Zelda Master Edition (normally $130, I think) go for $447. People can be crazy.

Top Bottom