• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

kvothe

My cat's name is Boudicca and I always have to give people a history lesson on her whenever I tell people her name. I can't believe Boudicca wound up in Giant Bomb content... Wow.

(she was mentioned in the most recent mailbag.)

DrewScanlon.Gif
Vlv41PT.gif

Mailbag quality has gone up since.

Giant Bomb
Pogs
Bootleg anime
Racing hat
Knocked Up Playing Cards

This week is the first Bombcast I've made time to listen to for a couple months now, but it really makes me reappreciate just how talented Jeff is as a host and moderator. Everyone on the show this week is so insightful and knowledgeable, and he's really done an amazing job of guiding the conversation. I could easily listen to another three hours of talk with this lineup.

wtf, you'd think he died or something.

Makes sense, though. Imagine being someone like Ryan MacDonald or Brad who poured years and years into building that site only to see its credibility evaporate overnight. At the time it seemed like that site was fucking over. There's a reason a lot of the talent quit soon after Jeff.

Makes sense, though. Imagine being someone like Ryan MacDonald or Brad who poured years and years into building that site only to see its credibility evaporate overnight. At the time it seemed like that site was fucking over. There's a reason a lot of the talent quit soon after Jeff.

Yeah you're absolutely right, I can't imagine how hard it hit everyone. Still just kind of over the top in my opinion, but I get the emotions.

G-Pink

Just saw the Film and 40's for The Fast and The Furious.

What a great series, what a great implementation. Hearing those guys over every Fast movie is gonna be really fun.

Edit: If Dan or one of the other guys are watching, from Tokyo Drift on, it'd be great if you guys could stick around past the credits, just for the stinger.

And apparently notable talent was leaving before that thing happened.

Remember Steve Lin being the guy who helped broker Scoops and Mrs. Scoops getting that arcade cabinet?

And fixing Jeff's screen in that Iforgetwhatgameitis cabinet?

Steve Lin is cool.

but he ruined the raid dream

Wait, did he?

Iunno, wasn't it more outlets like Play-asia and others picking Japanese used game shops dry, or Japanese sellers realizing that the Internet is arguably a more lucrative place to sell this stuff? (This is more me throwing theories out that I remember hearing)

Wunder

Wait, did he?

Iunno, wasn't it more outlets like Play-asia and others picking Japanese used game shops dry, or Japanese sellers realizing that the Internet is arguably a more lucrative place to sell this stuff? (This is more me throwing theories out that I remember hearing)

Yeah, pretty much. By ruin I just mean he talked about the reality of the current second hand market in Tokyo, saying it definitely isn't what it used to be. Not like the raid was really gonna happen any time soon though.

Yeah, pretty much. By ruin I just mean he talked about the reality of the current second hand market in Tokyo, saying it definitely isn't what it used to be. Not like the raid was really gonna happen any time soon though.

Ahhh, so more of a "reality check" sorta ruination. Yeah, makes sense.

I always just rewatch old GameCenter CX episodes where Arino and co. would go to mom-and-pop shops that have a box loaded with Famicom cassettes, and they barter for whatever looks fun to play when Tojima just-so-happens to have a TV and Famicom there for them to try. Kind of a vicarious escape. I don't think they have segments like that anymore in the latest episodes either, probably because of the climate.

Anjin M

Marina is the very best.

I tried on the Mew Shoes and almost died laughing. Fighting while your footsteps meow at you is hilarious.

jambo

wikipedia said:
Barramundi is a loanword from an Australian Aboriginal language of the Rockhampton area in Queensland meaning "large-scaled river fish". Originally, the name barramundi referred to saratoga and Gulf saratoga.

However, the name was appropriated for marketing reasons during the 1980s, a decision which has aided in raising the profile of this fish significantly. L. calcarifer is broadly referred to as Asian seabass by the international scientific community, but is also known as Australian seabass.

Connotation, denotation.

Something that I always wonder when Ryan MacDonald is brought up is what happened to that dude. I don't remember him ever being on any GB stuff but it sounds like he and Jeff were partners in crime for a while at GS. He alright? They still friends?

Something that I always wonder when Ryan MacDonald is brought up is what happened to that dude. I don't remember him ever being on any GB stuff but it sounds like he and Jeff were partners in crime for a while at GS. He alright? They still friends?

Secret Service has him locked up

He left GS eventually a few years ago after many years there and even got arrested by Secret Service for flying a drone near the White House (got released i think)

Top Bottom