• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

oti

Banned
Watching GameSpot's video of Yooka-Laylee, man it really is Banjo-Kazooie.
There's even a quiz.

Also seen on GameSpot's Youtube page,

ItstQ5e.png

Nein.

daveo42

Banned
Watching GameSpot's video of Yooka-Laylee, man it really is Banjo-Kazooie.
There's even a quiz.

Also seen on GameSpot's Youtube page,

ItstQ5e.png

I never feel guilty about shooting Nazis, but I do understand the pain related to getting shot in the balls. I hope that is an actual pain I never have to personally feel.

oakenhild

But how much of that content has been credible? I know I've heard on many a video how good the Mario Party games are despite all the evidence.

Dan is probably why I became a premium member for what that's worth. The beast cast is better than ever right now.

When Vinny muted him, and they kept going at it...so good.

daveo42

Banned
I resubscribed for the first time in about a year--what videos should I check out?

Yakuza 0
This is the Run
Basically anything from GBEast.
Also Game Tapes

I think that will go to Zelda easily unless Brad is going full Brad. But what about Zelda vs. RDR2?

RDR2 isn't coming out this year. Zelda will more than likely end up being in the top 3 along with Destiny. Horizon in the top 5. Mario at number 1 unless something better comes along this year.

If mario maker gets an updated port or "sequel" for switch will it win one more year? Probably.

Mario party party 7

I was watching some SMW speed running and I was kind of shocked at the amount of things they could still add to Mario maker. Not even bringing in the possibility of 2.

All these Switch threads has me wondering if sections of the Nintendo fanbase as crazy and unhinged as the Saturn / Dreamcast era Sega fanbase was?

Zocano

Whoever the new hire ends up being I hope that they are cut from the same cloth as Austin insofar as being a bit more... eclectic? Austin really rounded out the crew as far as tastes and it was really refreshing and I thought that his different perspective led to more interesting discussion than the crew just all agreeing on how games are.

Hindl

*sweating intensifies*

Persona 5

All these Switch threads has me wondering if sections of the Nintendo fanbase as crazy and unhinged as the Saturn / Dreamcast era Sega fanbase was?

I think they're just a notch below them, but they're quickly approaching it. If the Switch bombs I think we'll see Nintendo fans go over

Also I'm really interested in Brad's opinion of Zelda, even more than Jeff. He's pretty lukewarm on Nintendo and Zelda, but he absolutely loved the open world sandbox of MGSV and the freedom it had. Maybe Zelda will convince him

They said it'd be a separate thing at the end of the podcast.

Oh really? Haven't listened yet. Nice.

Whoever the new hire ends up being I hope that they are cut from the same cloth as Austin insofar as being a bit more... eclectic? Austin really rounded out the crew as far as tastes and it was really refreshing and I thought that his different perspective led to more interesting discussion than the crew just all agreeing on how games are.

Austin is stealing all of those people though.

I agree.

If this was pre kids Vinny he'd probably marathon through Persona 5, but unless that game becomes a show on the site I just don't see them playing it enough to fight for it in GotY. Jason might play, but he never fights that hard for stuff in the bigger categories.

Destiny 2 is going to be disappointing if that makes Brad turn on it I can't guess. With that deadline Bungie has it's coming out this year and if they were actually confident about it you'd be hearing positive rumors by now instead of silence.

Things I can see in GB GOTY contention if they pan out:

Horizon
Zelda
RDR2
Destiny 2
Mario
Mass Effect
Persona 5
Alex will argue for Splatoon 2

Top Bottom