• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

lgjkuib.png

e:
lgq3ut5.png

The more I watch Beast in the East the more I just want to play Yakuza, but with so many games and no time it's hard, plus I want to watch.

Damn you Giant Bomb.

The more I watch Beast in the East the more I just want to play Yakuza, but with so many games and no time it's hard, plus I want to watch.

Damn you Giant Bomb.

Yakuza 0 isn't too long if you mainline the quest. It depends on what aspect of the game you like from watching the series.

If it's the drama and twists of the main plot then that totally is a good idea. If you like weird goofy stuff then side stories are a must, since the main plot in generally super serious. If its the combat you're going to need to do at least some side stuff to fill out the movesets. If you're into the virtual tourism I think you get enough of that just playing the main story and occasionally doing side stuff.

I definitely hit a point where I said I need to finish this and quit doing side stuff, but I'm also at 70%+ of completion. I've done almost everything that isn't getting a good score in the various mini games.

Yakuza 0 isn't too long if you mainline the quest. It depends on what aspect of the game you like from watching the series.

If it's the drama and twists of the main plot then that totally is a good idea. If you like weird goofy stuff then side stories are a must, since the main plot in generally super serious. If its the combat you're going to need to do at least some side stuff to fill out the movesets. If you're into the virtual tourism I think you get enough of that just playing the main story and occasionally doing side stuff.

I definitely hit a point where I said I need to finish this and quit doing side stuff, but I'm also at 70%+ of completion. I've done almost everything that isn't getting a good score in the various mini games.

At this point I'm hoping to save it as a late summer game and hope by then I just forget a lot of what the guys play or pay less attention to it while watching.

I think I have to save it because I'm going to want to do a lot of the side stuff and side stuff. Those slot car races gave me such a damn nostalgia kick because I never knew it was some huge thing and my dad was kind of into when I was pretty young. Even the Baseball mini game I thought looked pretty cool.

Hindl

Jeff will make sure Red Dead 2 doesn't land on that list. One of the only opinions of his that I disagree with.

Jeff can keep a game from getting #1, but he can't outright prevent a game from being on the list if it has enough support from the rest of the crew. He'd just make sure it didn't rise. See Thumper and Stardew last year

Man that busted Switch thread is a mess. You've got

- People mad at Giant Bomb for dropping a Switch
- People (falsely) mad at Giant Bomb for "ranting" about their broken Switch
- People mad at Nintendo for making latches that can't survive a drop
- People mad at people who think the Switch should survive a drop
- People mad at NeoGAF for speculating that the Switch might have build quality issues
- People mad at Giant Bomb for speculating that the Switch might have build quality issues
- People mad at NeoGAF for making a thread about the Switch breaking if you drop it
- People mad at Jeff for putting a cartridge in his mouth
- People mad at people who get mad at Jeff putting a cartridge in his mouth

- People mad at NeoGAF for speculating that the Switch might have build quality issues
- People mad at Giant Bomb for speculating that the Switch might have build quality issues
- People mad at NeoGAF for making a thread about the Switch breaking if you drop it

I was just coming in here to ask what the hell is going on in that thread.

I watched the premium video but hadn't seen anything else related to it until that thread this morning. I don't get it.

Are people in there all parodying overreactions or something? I genuinely don't understand what I'm looking at in that thread.

I was just coming in here to ask what the hell is going on in that thread.

I watched the premium video but hadn't seen anything else related to it until that thread this morning. I don't get it.

Are people in there all parodying overreactions or something? I genuinely don't understand what I'm looking at in that thread.

Shitty OP poorly presented what happened, console warriors overreact to it, and then GB fans swarm in to defend. And then you get a bunch of trolling.

Salarians

I am shocked SHOCKED that Angry Jeff "8.8" Gersham purposely broke a Switch, lied about it for clicks, and trashed the new Zelda on his podcast

how much did Sony pay him for that Horizon 5/5 🤔🤔🤔

I am just surprised people still think Twilight Princess was a amazing game and still angry over Jeffs 8.8

That score was generous for that bland game.

I am shocked SHOCKED that Angry Jeff "8.8" Gersham purposely broke a Switch, lied about it for clicks, and trashed the new Zelda on his podcast

Please, Jeff despises Sony, remember how he sabotaged their VR setup to make them look bad.

oti

Banned

I love Giant Bomb.

Lets just say there is a reason they closed Guerrilla Cambridge. Don't have enough money to pay Jeff AND keep the studio open.
Im still sad they were closed down, I would've really loved a big budget killzone from them after playing killzone: mercenary and make a more refined RIGS

Hindl

That Zelda image is an early prototype of BotW

Chris Kohler?!‏Verified account
@kobunheat
Oh wow, turns out this was actually an early playable prototype of Breath of the Wild!

Meguro

Banned
I'd totally be down for that kind of difference between the versions of Zelda.
Kinda like what Dragon Quest is doing with the latest entry.

Top Bottom