• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Would make a good fit. Its structure might actually fit into the portable format pretty well in that you can play one day as a session.

I'll say this though, I realised that I really love night in the woods the same way I really love the works of inio asano.

lhzuuip.gif

Is this a joke? If not, then that's outta no where and congrats. If it is, then good joke.

Beautiful.

Night in the woods for GotY.

Kinda not kidding? Defo pretty high up for me though.

I'm enjoying the game so far. It's a great way for me to chill on this game before bed for an hour or two. I don't know about top 10 material so far but I dig it.

Mr. F

Banned
Night in the woods for GotY.

Kinda not kidding? Defo pretty high up for me though.

Wish I was liking it more, the run speed makes the platforming in bigger areas like the dream sequences a total chore. And the writing is still brutal in spots, although I do like Bea and Angus a lot. I think what Patrick was saying on the Waypoint podcast about playing it in small chunks is the key, I find myself getting too irritated with my gripes if I play for longer sittings.

Edit; forgot to mention earlier re; Tacoma but I'm kind of surprised how dull a presenter Steve is considering how animated he is on the E3 shows. Although I guess being drunk helps

I know 3D movies are often derided, but watching 3D movies in PSVR is seriously incredible. And, as a cool (but unreported) note, if you have a PSVR and a 3DTV, the movie will output in 3D to both units (if you only have a 2DTV, no audio or video is transmitted to the tv). This is neat if you have multiple people who want to see a movie in 3D, but don't have enough 3D glasses. Sure, one person would be isolated from the others, but it's a nice workaround.

re7 kind of makes me want a first person manhunt

I don't know what a change in perspective would add to "hide in the shadows, make a noise and then wait for the dickhead to come over so you can kill them (also you're doing this for 10 hours)"

they could probably totally make a good Manhunt game now, but the previous two were super disappointing

Mr. F

Banned
I don't know what a change in perspective would add to "hide in the shadows, make a noise and then wait for the dickhead to come over so you can kill them (also you're doing this for 10 hours)"

they could probably totally make a good Manhunt game now, but the previous two were super disappointing

Is Manhunt as disturbing as it was cracked up to be at the time?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wish I was liking it more, the run speed makes the platforming in bigger areas like the dream sequences a total chore. And the writing is still brutal in spots, although I do like Bea and Angus a lot. I think what Patrick was saying on the Waypoint podcast about playing it in small chunks is the key, I find myself getting too irritated with my gripes if I play for longer sittings.

I kind of agree to in a way. Would be nice to have a fast travel honestly, but in a way I kinda love the easygoing pace? The dream sequences are too padded out for what they are.

It doesn't really escape the Rockstar camp, which is pretty unfortunate, but it's probably the coolest looking/sounding game they've made. If they did one today, it'd probably be amazing if the gameplay was any good.

Bacon

I woke this morning with the idea that I now want a Switch...

Obviously I'm way too late now....sigh

Check the b/s/t thread. Lots of gaffers are hooking up other gaffers with their preorders that they no longer want at cost. It's how I got mine.

TraBuch

Banned
Honestly, as a kid, that game made me really uncomfortable. And I was quite into gory horror movies. Some of those executions were absolutely brutal and even by today's standards, there're some pretty fucked up kills in there.

Sabas

Banned
What are some must watch videos with Drew featured in them? Preferably pre-Dan stuff since I only started watching about a year prior to Dan/Jason joining the crew.

I was going to watch the Tacoma video but the hour of E3 2015 when Vignocchi tweeted Lang's phone number came up as suggested on YouTube. Still can't believe this segment happened.

My Giant Bomb mug was delivered weeks earlier than I expected it would. I think it said it could take 2-10 weeks on the cheapest postage, and it took 3! The postie delivered it to the wrong house, but the neighbour passed it on.

Very trusting neighbour!

Top Bottom