• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Thanks, that puts it dangerously close to an impulse buy if I see one at a store lol

When the Switch was announced and that first video came out I wasn't super excited for it, but here I am with a pre-order and am now taking off work tomorrow...I got the fever... That hasn't happened to me in a looonnnggg time. So I'm just going to go with it and go head first.

Jintor

ugh to watch some of this QL footage or to just hold off until tomorrow when I can play the thing? someone make my decisions for me please

Deeku

ugh to watch some of this QL footage or to just hold off until tomorrow when I can play the thing? someone make my decisions for me please
i skipped around a bit and probably watched like max 30 seconds lol

frame rate seems iffy tho

Hjod

Banned
Are you playing on normal or hard? I'm considering hard after watching some coverage

I'm playing on normal, I just wasn't prepared that the game would punish you that hard, the bigger machines are really dangerous.

I just thought the game would be the usual AAA where you can run through most of the encounters without paying attention.

I'm not saying it's hard, you know like Bloodborne, I was just suprised.

Wunder

yeah, I'm playing Horizon on normal (about 7-8 hours in I think) and it's been a nice challenge so far

I'm playing on normal, I just wasn't prepared that the game would punish you that hard, the bigger machines are really dangerous.

I just thought the game would be the usual AAA where you can run through most of the encounters without paying attention.

I'm not saying it's hard, you know like Bloodborne, I was just suprised.

Thanks! I'll probably go Normal. I don't really like being super frustrated on every encounter but I also don't really want to breeze through the game, so that's good to know!

danm999

Hmm, a Dan review you say?

CTRL+F "METAL GEAR"

Seriously though, really enjoyed Dan's review. He ain't half bad at this writing thing!

Hjod

Banned
Thanks! I'll probably go Normal. I don't really like being super frustrated on every encounter but I also don't really want to breeze through the game, so that's good to know!

So far I've not died any cheap deaths, it's more me screwing up my shots or not dodging in time that kills me. Enjoy :).

hamchan

Just watched Logan. It was amazing.

Still have to finish Yakuza 0. Haven't started Nioh or Horizon yet. Getting Zelda tomorrow. All are apparently amazing.

Everything is amazing.

rtnkou2j.jpg

The return of the king. Can't wait for the Switch and Zelda to arrive.

Good stuff.

You can vote for Dan now for the Taco Bell wedding. Unfortunately you do have to create a login to vote. There's a lot of entries too, so you have to click through them to find Dan's entry to vote for him.

https://www.tacobell.com/loveandtacos

Finally, done.

----

bmbu2uhu.png

2923608-cp_beastintheeast_02282017.00_36_11_14.still001.jpg

Meneses

Hmm, Dan's hyperbole makes me feel that this will probably resonate much more with people who are nostalgic about Zelda, which I am not at all.

Kinda hard to feel his enthusiasm when i'm just watching regular open world stuff mixed with some cool puzzles.

Wunder

Hmm, Dan's hyperbole makes me feel that this will probably resonate much more with people who are nostalgic about Zelda, which I am not at all.

Kinda hard to feel his enthusiasm when i'm just watching regular open world stuff mixed with some cool puzzles.

I'll say as someone who has 0 nostalgia for Zelda the puzzles and world seem rad. I'd pick this up if I had a Wii U/Switch for sure except for that frame rate issue and the fact that I don't have one of those consoles.

Bacon

I mean have you seen all the other reactions to the game? It's everyone, not just Dan.

Hasney

God this Zelda QL. I might just get drunk at lunch and let the day fly by so tomorrow comes quicker.

Get the game today, but no Switch to put it in.

Meneses

I mean have you seen all the other reactions to the game? It's everyone, not just Dan.

Well, Zelda always gets marked up reviews.

And a lot of reviewers who fawn about the game are people who grew up with Zelda, so it's normal to feel a connection I don't have. The Zelda name by itself doesn't really mean anything to me.

This game seems very polished and charming but it looks like a collection of stuff open world games have been doing for a while, and that kinda puts me off a bit.

sirap

I'll say as someone who has 0 nostalgia for Zelda the puzzles and world seem rad. I'd pick this up if I had a Wii U/Switch for sure except for that frame rate issue and the fact that I don't have one of those consoles.

Avoid the WiiU version if you're stickler for stable performance. I'm about 40 hours into the game and a lot of the locations chug heavily. Think Blighttown from Dark Souls 1.

faridmon

I never played a Zelda game (apart from Phantom Hourglass which I hated) and I am enthusiastic about the new one.

Top Bottom