• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I was going to watch the Tacoma video but the hour of E3 2015 when Vignocchi tweeted Lang's phone number came up as suggested on YouTube. Still can't believe this segment happened.
RdrY7fPl.png

I was going to watch the Tacoma video but the hour of E3 2015 when Vignocchi tweeted Lang's phone number came up as suggested on YouTube. Still can't believe this segment happened.

I still watch this clip and the other best of with the zoom in on Jeff's face. "And now I write about videogames" with the Campo Santo Guys lol.

I think that might be the same one?

Lunar FC

My Giant Bomb mug was delivered weeks earlier than I expected it would. I think it said it could take 2-10 weeks on the cheapest postage, and it took 3! The postie delivered it to the wrong house, but the neighbour passed it on.

Very trusting neighbour!

I love my gb mug. Enjoy yours. 😊

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
About Horizon - I don't know it's because I'm still fresh off NieR: Automata and haven't collected myself from that experience, but I'm just not having much fun with it.

It looks great, has all the hooks that should make the gameplay fun, IT HAS ROBOT DINOSAURS. And yet after 6-7 hours I'm still trying to figure out why do people love it so much.

Lunar FC

About Horizon - I don't know it's because I'm still fresh off NieR: Automata and haven't collected myself from that experience, but I'm just not having much fun with it.

It looks great, has all the hooks that should make the gameplay fun, IT HAS ROBOT DINOSAURS. And yet after 6-7 hours I'm still trying to figure out why do people love it so much.

I personally just love the characters and world they have put so much effort into creating. Such a breath of fresh air.

Has a gaming media outlet created content arguing that Horizon would be better as a linear non-open-world game yet?

This is a softball freelance pitch waiting to happen.

derFeef

Has a gaming media outlet created content arguing that Horizon would be better as a linear non-open-world game yet?

"Just imagine the graphics, they would be so much better if it would not be open world!"

kiguel182

Lately I've been cleaning up my backlog to save some money. I'm currently finishing Witcher 3 and next I'll probably play MGS V.

But there are so many games coming out, long ones at that!

I promised myself I would buy full price games but Horizon is looking tempting. I also intend to buy a Switch but man, 90 hours for Zelda? I better just wait for that.

Too many long games! Also, little money. Ugh.

Ironically that's how I feel about it 10 hours in. The open world is at odds with the fantastic story and premise. They start with such good world-building, and a super compelling goal for Aloy to accomplish, but then they undermine it with with filler fetch quests (sort of like the Witcher 3).

I tried skipping the side quests to focus on the main quest, but I was underleveled for a boss fight and got frustrated. I'd rather it had been semi-linear in the vein of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

JamboGT

Put in about 4 hours on Horizon last night, really enjoying it so far, story has its hooks in me, it looks and plays amazingly well. Totally nailed the controls.

Dany

Banned
I don't have a switch nor a Wii U but I'm super excited to see the quick look for BOTW. I imagine the review is going to drop at the same time.

Glad jeff isn't in on it.

Tubobutts

I don't have a switch nor a Wii U but I'm super excited to see the quick look for BOTW. I imagine the review is going to drop at the same time.

Glad jeff isn't in on it.
Me too. Jeff goes around eating video games, can he really be trusted to review them?

oti

Banned
I love that Jeff and I share a love for Yuka Kinoshita. I remember seeing one of her videos in which she was eating raw eggs and I was like wtf.

I think I'll skip the Zelda QL. I've seen enough gameplay. Like, dozens of hours or so.

Salarians

Nintendo Switch game cartridges taste offensively bad, trust us
Polygon said:
Update (March 2): In a statement emailed to Polygon, a Nintendo representative confirmed the theory that Switch cartridges are coated in a material that’s meant to dissuade people from putting the units in their mouths.

“A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card,” the spokesperson said, adding that Nintendo recommends keeping Switch cartridges away from children “to avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion.” The representative also noted that denatonium benzoate is non-toxic.
2922480-switchjeff3.gif

Dany

Banned
Denatonium, usually available as denatonium benzoate and as denatonium saccharide, is the most bitter chemical compound known, with bitterness thresholds of 0.05 ppm for the benzoate and 0.01 ppm for the saccharide.

LOL

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Bittering agent's are just awful.
Not throw up awful like cheap alcohol, but that taste stays with you for a while.

repeater

Polygon said:
The representative also noted that denatonium benzoate is non-toxic.
Jeff lives to fight another day.

Denatonium, usually available as denatonium benzoate and as denatonium saccharide, is the most bitter chemical compound known
Theory decisively falsified. Meet Gerstmannium.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

How have you already played Automata?

edit: Oh right...Japan.

Hjod

Banned
Horizon is great so far, the biggest suprise to me is the difficulty, the machines hit hard and you die easily. I like it.

And the game is the best looking game I've played, the HDR is so great. I'm hooked, and I agree that it's more Witcher 3 than Far Cry.

Wunder

Horizon is great so far, the biggest suprise to me is the difficulty, the machines hit hard and you die easily. I like it.

And the game is the best looking game I've played, the HDR is so great. I'm hooked, and I agree that it's more Witcher 3 than Far Cry.

Are you playing on normal or hard? I'm considering hard after watching some coverage

Meneses

Haven't been paying much attention to file sizes / storage, etc., but Zelda is fully playable on a right-out-of-the-box Switch, right? No need to get extra SD cards or anything like that?

Haven't been paying much attention to file sizes / storage, etc., but Zelda is fully playable on a right-out-of-the-box Switch, right? No need to get extra SD cards or anything like that?

I think it's like 13 gigs... It will fit, but will take up like half the storage...

repeater

Dan's Zelda review

SHOCKING SCORE!!!
5/5
Clearly just a devious part of his Taco Wedding campaign. #rigged #fakenews

You can vote for Dan now for the Taco Bell wedding. Unfortunately you do have to create a login to vote. There's a lot of entries too, so you have to click through them to find Dan's entry to vote for him.

https://www.tacobell.com/loveandtacos
Let's do this, nation.

EDIT: Not allowed to vote as a non-american.
I see how it is.

Top Bottom