• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

kiguel182

Zelda seems amazing. I wish I had money for a Switch right now. Either way, I'm definitely saving for it and picking one up this year!

Scizzy

No kidding about the quality of Dan's writing on this one. My two guesses for why:

1. Dan really loves this game and put in some extra hours to make his review sound especially good.
2. Brad was home sick and had nothing to do except help out. I think I recall Brad's editing being heavily praised by Austin and Alex.

So how long before the Zelda backlash?

Gonna be interesting to see how opinions turn by GOTY time. Zelda always reviews insanely well but then come a few months later everyone admits that stuff wasn't that great.

Skyward Sword has a 93 on MC. NINTY THREE!

kiguel182

For those who watched the Zelda quick look:

Is there a mark on the map to guide you during main quests and such like traditional rpgs? I'm still not sure how that works.

daveo42

Banned
I think the freeform nature of BotW will work in its favor come GotY as opposed to how previous Zelda games have been seen months after release. It seems like most of the major issues related to forced order of dungeons, revisiting dungeons or areas again to progress the story, and long, drawn out tutorials have been addressed. I'd say the only thing that might be looked poorly on is degradable weapons.

Still seems like it's a must play for pretty much anyone interested in games. I wish I had more time to play all these games coming out. I've already put 7-8hrs into Horizon and haven't even scratched the surface of that game and both Nier and Zelda are coming out. Persona 5 is next month. I have no clue how to fit in just Persona in at this point.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hopefully BOTW is the first good 3D Zelda game since OOT. It seems to pull from the best Zelda (1), so it's definitely possible.

MimiMe

It's the first time that I saw their current office with other people in the background during the mailbag video.
It baffles me that those folks don't put em off doing "their thing".

I ask myself if they know each other or if they're ignoring each other.

Do Vinny's hands fuck?
hPN6BNp.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's the first time that I saw their current office with other people in the background during the mailbag video.

They just awkwardly fight their way through the boxes to get to work

KingKong

those people had to be the happiest that Dan left for New York

kingocfs

Second half of that Zelda QL is fantastic. Looks like a great game...

...still not worth buying a $300 console for, though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The $300 console is a really nice piece of kit though.

Also I bought voez (because it's a rhythm game and I must buy all rhythm games) so that's more games than I expected to buy awhile lmao.

Is there a mark on the map to guide you during main quests and such like traditional rpgs? I'm still not sure how that works.

You set the markers yourself on the map. It sounds like there are markers for the very first thing (getting those magic tablet powers), but that's it.

Hindl

Haven't watched it yet but I've looked at a bunch of other coverage. For the main quest, yes, there will be a marker. For the sidequests, there are also markers, but only if you choose to track it. For a lot of sidequests, NPCs will give you directions (go South, turn left at the fork, go cross the first river you see, etc.) that you can apparently rely on to find the objective without turning on the marker if you like

Hardcore Nintendo fans are literally the worst.

They're approaching Sega level at the very least

Dineren

Banned
I'll be happy when we stop having 10+ concurrent Nintendo threads on the first page of gaming.

Maybe you've already seen this, but there is a script you can use to hide threads with certain keywords in it (or you can just manually hide threads). It's the only way I can browse the OT during the day.

Top Bottom