• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

daveo42

Banned
Maybe you've already seen this, but there is a script you can use to hide threads with certain keywords in it (or you can just manually hide threads). It's the only way I can browse the OT during the day.

I'm familiar with it, though I do like my unfiltered view of GAF in all its splendor and filth. I'll just lightly complain about it when something washes over the site like a super popular release or Trump. Anyway, missing out on people getting pissed off at Jeff because he started the cart-tasting trend sounds like a bad idea to me.

Dineren

Banned
I'm familiar with it, though I do like my unfiltered view of GAF in all its splendor and filth. I'll just lightly complain about it when something washes over the site like a super popular release or Trump. Anyway, missing out on people getting pissed off at Jeff because he started the cart-tasting trend sounds like a bad idea to me.

It can also kind of backfire since I can't help but look at my ignored threads fairly often and end up getting a concentrated dose of Trump threads.

faridmon

Hardcore Nintendo fans are literally the worst.

Hardcore Sony fans are literally the worst.
Hardcore Anime fans are literally the worst.
Hardcore Marvel fans are literally the worst.
Hardcore Nintendo Metal Music are literally the worst.

Hardcore anything fans are literally the worst.

Ohnonono

The Zelda QL assures that I will get a switch around Christmas time at least to play that one game. That and Mario will be enough to have me try to pick one up then. I have so many other great games to play that I don't have time for right now that throwing down 300$ on a Switch and buying Zelda just seems crazy no matter how good it is.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah I was gonna say, if you aren't really into Zelda or Nintendo these past few weeks must've been a nightmare on gaming

Ehh...not really a nightmare if you can recognize a good game as a good game. The Nintendo bit tho...well that depends on how much hyperbole you can stomach.

The person you're describing already has a joyless, nightmare existence.

Like this.

But just normal Anime fans are the worst. What's that make Hardcore Anime fans?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know what a change in perspective would add to "hide in the shadows, make a noise and then wait for the dickhead to come over so you can kill them (also you're doing this for 10 hours)"

they could probably totally make a good Manhunt game now, but the previous two were super disappointing

Better, more noticeable details. Easier spook moments.

TraBuch

Banned

Naw, Nintendo fans are worse than all of them.

Hindl

But just normal Anime fans are the worst. What's that make Hardcore Anime fans?

Jason is a normal anime fan. Are you saying Jason is the worst?

Edit: At last the Zelda review thread is starting to get good. All those high scores were making everything too peaceful and happy. Now we're getting to see some drama

I agree, all hardcore fans are terrible, especially those of video game websites. But the venn diagram of Anime, Nintendo, and "alt-right" has some unfortunate crossover.

daveo42

Banned
Jason is a normal anime fan. Are you saying Jason is the worst?

Edit: At last the Zelda review thread is starting to get good. All those high scores were making everything too peaceful and happy. Now we're getting to see some drama

As an anime fan myself (tho less so now than in the past), you should already know my answer.
We are all the worst

Never make an unprompted admission that you know what anime is.

Shit...

Better, more noticeable details. Easier spook moments.

Manhunt was never about the spook for me, though. It's more Silent Hill than Resident Evil, in the sense that the novelty lies in being in an area that's overall unsettling and makes you fear for your character's life than just outright getting jumpscared every once in a while. Another Manhunt game probably should be first-person, but it wouldn't fix the larger problems I have with the series (dull combat, poor controls, etc).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People looks past framerate issues a lot when it involves Zelda
wtzgU.gif

Manhunt was never about the spook for me, though. It's more Silent Hill than Resident Evil, in the sense that the novelty lies in being in an area that's overall unsettling and makes you fear for your character's life than just outright getting jumpscared every once in a while. Another Manhunt game probably should be first-person, but it wouldn't fix the larger problems I have with the series (dull combat, poor controls, etc).

The original Manhunt scared me far more than any Silent Hill or Resident Evil. It's slimey and gross and nasty.

Meneses

The original Manhunt scared me far more than any Silent Hill or Resident Evil. It's slimey and gross and nasty.

Manhunt definitely had a kind of oppressive and heavy atmosphere, can't really explain it. I only played a bit and put it down.

At first Silent Hill was a bit like that too, but I guess having monsters instead of people made it easier to stomach. I remember always being super freaked out by the school part when it turns dark and that kind of industrial "drumming" starts,

TraBuch

Banned
Nope

But keep on telling yourself that
Will do. They have such a persecution complex. Everyone in the world is out to get them. If someone doesn't like something, they're either doing it wrong or they just don't understand Nintendo's genius. It's always someone else's fault. Anytime I see a person wearing a Mario hat in a Twitter avatar or YouTube video, I nope out of that shit with the quickness because I know I'm about to get an unwanted lesson on why Nintendo is just the greatest because they're actually making games while Sony and Microsoft are just making movies.

Fuck 'em.

faridmon

There bad ones (I have met them), but they are as bad as Sony ones IMO

But you really haven't met Anime ones, trust me, they are insufferable.

Wait, are you guys pulling my legs? I am not a regular so this might be one your inside jokes

tesqui

Listening to Jeff on Mixlr and he says he didn't really like the 5-6 hours he has played of BOTW.

Wonder if the beginning parts are a bit boring.

Hindl

Listening to Jeff on Mixlr and he says he didn't really like the 5-6 hours he has played of BOTW.

Wonder if the beginning parts are a bit boring.

Well it is the area that we've seen a lot of, and most reviewers say it really ratchets up once you get off the Plateau. But it could also just not be for him

Bacon

"Yeah I dunno I played a couple hours, I saw the systems, I saw what they were going for and I was all 'Yep, nope I'm good!' Cool that you guys liked it though."

Zaph

I think I just don't know how to enjoy Zelda games - each one I've played I've disliked (the most I've put in is 5 hours with Ocarina).

Guess I'll find out tomorrow if that holds true with BotW

ev0

"Yeah I dunno I played a couple hours, I saw the systems, I saw what they were going for and I was all 'Yep, nope I'm good!' Cool that you guys liked it though."

Heh. The first quote for the eventual Bombcast soundboard

Sakwoff

There bad ones (I have met them), but they are as bad as Sony ones IMO

The one instance I find genuinely weird on GAF is the Driveclub army.

Like, if you make a thread to, say, talk about how Forza is a pretty cool game, you'll have at least 10 "BUT DRIVECLUB" posts on the first page. Even if nothing in the thread is even about it, or in comparison to it.

I don't even really understand this one. I mean, I've played it. It's a competent driving game. I just don't get where that fervor comes from.

Top Bottom