• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Switch is supposed to arrive to me with Zelda tomorrow but I'm hoping it gets delayed till Monday so I have more time this weekend to focus on Horizon.

iuj4y6bq0ubr.gif

There bad ones (I have met them), but they are as bad as Sony ones IMO

But you really haven't met Anime ones, trust me, they are insufferable.

Wait, are you guys pulling my legs? I am not a regular so this might be one your inside jokes

Sony fans, you say?

cock-o-doodle-do

lol the English word for the call of the rooster is so fucking ugly. Can you imagine if Kakariko Village was called Cock-o-doodle-do Village? It would be hilarious.

Didn't you hear, it's only because all of the reviews were written by Nintendo fanboys. The Worst of the Fanboys.

I have no reverence for 3D Zeldas, but there's so many weird perspectives floating around about BotW reviews, even in this thread. It's like there's a scramble to discount the game and imply the scores are inflated or it's not actually that good, it's just because Zelda. A game doesn't end up with a 98 on Metacritic and universal praise because nostalgia or something. It seems to be an exceptional game as well as being a Zelda game. The first doesn't rely on the latter and the latter doesn't discount it.

Real Hero

I have no reverence for 3D Zeldas, but there's so many weird perspectives floating around about BotW reviews, even in this thread. It's like there's a scramble to discount the game and imply the scores are inflated or it's not actually that good, it's just because Zelda. A game doesn't end up with a 98 on Metacritic and universal praise because nostalgia or something.

someone said that in here too, it just can't be that good for some reason

I have no reverence for 3D Zeldas, but there's so many weird perspectives floating around about BotW reviews, even in this thread. It's like there's a scramble to discount the game and imply the scores are inflated or it's not actually that good, it's just because Zelda. A game doesn't end up with a 98 on Metacritic and universal praise because nostalgia or something. It seems to be an exceptional game as well as being a Zelda game. The first doesn't rely on the latter and the latter doesn't discount it.

I mean Skyward Sword's and Twilight Princess' Metacritic are both super high and look at how people feel about them now. I definitely think people give mainline Zelda games a bit of a free pass in some regard. I don't know what the case is here, but I'm a little skeptical of the reviews at the moment. I really really hope BotW is some new step forward though!

Real Hero

I mean Skyward Sword's and Twilight Princess' Metacritic are both super high and look at how people feel about them now. I definitely think people give mainline Zelda games a bit of a free pass in some regard. I don't know what the case is here, but I'm a little skeptical of the reviews at the moment. I really really hope BotW is some new step forward though!

Reviews don't have to reflect forum general consensus, what reviewer has come forward and renounced their review of skyward sword?

Reviews don't have to reflect general consensus, what reviewer has come forward and renounced their review of skyward sword?

I don't know about Skyward Sword, but Dan himself has said he scored Twilight Princess too high. Reviews don't have to reflect general consensus, but that's not really what I'm saying. I'm arguing that people tend to get swept up in the moment a little more with Zelda relative to other series, and that artificially inflates scores. When taken out of that initial moment of "Oh a new Zelda!" and assessed critically six months after the fact the recent games don't really get that much praise.

Zelda looks good. Nintendo is doing some dumb stuff with the Switch, namely the Friend Codes, but I guess it's cool that you can add friends from Miitomo and Mario Run. Still, it's kind of a dumb thing. At the very least, they should have at least made the codes smaller.

Oh, well.

I'm really looking forward to getting the system and playing the game later this year.

Surprised that Overwatch hero came so soon, excited to check it out.

I'm not crazy about the quality of writing that's there, but I do hope Blizzard takes a shot at going beyond "lore" and tries to introduce an actual story to Overwatch, whether it's a running series of serialized shorts/comics or adding little story tidbits into gameplay during certain modes Titanfall 1 style.

BearPawB

Banned
Any good mobile games that arent solitairica

Wasnt jeff playing one recently? What was it tap titans?

Tap Titans 2 is pretty good, but i've abandoned it.

If you want something low-key Hidden Folks is really good

Also Dandy Dungeon has some interesting stuff going on

カカリコ

ka-ka-ri-ko

Hyrule uses the Hylian alphabet; not katakana.

Zelda looks good. Nintendo is doing some dumb stuff with the Switch, namely the Friend Codes, but I guess it's cool that you can add friends from Miitomo and Mario Run. Still, it's kind of a dumb thing. At the very least, they should have at least made the codes smaller.

Oh, well.

I'm really looking forward to getting the system and playing the game later this year.

Saw that friend code thread and thought, I'm not doing the online service and won't ever use multiplayer and there's no miiverse, so I find it hard to care, personally.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I just don't know how to enjoy Zelda games - each one I've played I've disliked (the most I've put in is 5 hours with Ocarina).

Guess I'll find out tomorrow if that holds true with BotW

I'm the same way. Only one I finished was the least Zelda-like one

Majora's Mask

If I weren't a crazy person, selling the Zelda Master Edition to other crazy people would pay off the Switch and game. Somehow a cheap plastic sword and cardboard box raises the price by $250.

I think I just don't know how to enjoy Zelda games - each one I've played I've disliked (the most I've put in is 5 hours with Ocarina).

Guess I'll find out tomorrow if that holds true with BotW

I love 2D Zeldas but the 3D ones have never grabbed me. I really like the idea of BotW though so I think it'll click with me more. It seems like they give you a ton of tools and toys that you can use in creative ways, and I love sandbox style gameplay like that.

Tomorrow on Waypoint Radio.

Austin: So does Orisa fuck?

Patrick: -Insert Lewd comment of choice here-

Austin: "Oh nooooo"

Danielle while laughing: yeah she does.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would have finished Night In The Woods before Zelda but now with the PTR change for OW I don't know if I ever will

Tomorrow on Waypoint Radio.

Austin: So does Orisa fuck?

Patrick: -Insert Lewd comment of choice here-

Austin: "Oh nooooo"

Danielle while laughing: yeah she does.

Has the podcast changed much since the first few? It was a podcast I really wanted to like, but even though I liked everyone on it individually, I did not like them together at all.

Has the podcast changed much since the first few? It was a podcast I really wanted to like, but even though I liked everyone on it individually, I did not like them together at all.

Its pretty much been what its been. If it turned you off early it hasnt changed much since.

Its fine. I maybe wish they handled questions better.

Bacon

The fast and the furious podcast was top notch. I was nearly in tears at several points listening to Vinny. The ongoing snapple jokes fucking killed me. Can't wait for the rest of them, this really is a great time to be following giantbomb, Beast is killing it and holding us over until the new hires arrive for the west coast.

Hindl

Bummer Zelda chugs so much since everything else looks like my dream game. I think in handheld mode the framerate is much more stable, so I may just play like that

I don't remember Dan swearing this much on GBWest. Vinny's being a bad influence

Nah he swears any time he's stressed or surprised in a game. It just happened a lot in the QL

Top Bottom