• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

How much was Dan paid for that review?

I voted for you, man

IT MADE HIM SO EXCITED HE CRIED!

Now I am curious about what wrestling moments made Dan cry.

I cried once watching wrestling. And that was when I turned on RAW expecting my normal wrestling show and it turned out Eddie Guerrero died over the weekend and I missed the news and found out there and then by Vince and a bunch of crying wrestlers breaking it to me. Eddie was a personal favorite then for me.

Hindl

Man I want to watch the 2nd half of the BotW QL, but at the same time I want to go in as fresh as possible. I've already seen a pretty decent chunk of some spoiler stuff so I don't wanna see much more

faridmon

I wasn't a member of GAF at that point, but I remember alot of the hubbub over scores for UC3. Funny because it's the worst game in the series.

That was just funny to read to be honest.

WTF?

Bummer Zelda chugs so much since everything else looks like my dream game. I think in handheld mode the framerate is much more stable, so I may just play like that

It really doesn't, in fact, the patch released also fixes the minimal framerate problems it has.

Unless you are talking about the Wii U version, and that doesn't drops in frames as much as you think.

If I were to express the feelings that BOTW gives me when I look at it, it's this classic LOZ concept art.

legend_of_zelda_conceptart_TcDH9.jpg

Really can't wait to experience that sense of adventure and excitement in BOTW.

Hindl

Fuuuck. The whole part of the QL even before Dan jumped ahead where
he stormed the castle
was so fucking cool. Man I can't wait to play this game

That was just funny to read to be honest.

WTF?

It really doesn't, in fact, the patch released also fixes the minimal framerate problems it has.

Unless you are talking about the Wii U version, and that doesn't drops in frames as much as you think.

Ah, I'm just speaking from what I saw in the QL. That's good to know

If I were to express the feelings that BOTW gives me when I look at it, it's this classic LOZ concept art.

http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/legend_of_zelda_conceptart_TcDH9.jpg[/IMG

Really can't wait to experience that sense of adventure and excitement in BOTW.[/QUOTE]
[quote="Sleeping Lesson, post: 231362155"]Oh, also:[/QUOTE]

Neat. Is that official? And I agree. What got me to adore the Zelda series in the first place is the sense of wonderment and adventure. Much as I enjoyed the last couple, they never were evocative in that sense. That Breath of the Wild is recapturing it is very exciting.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zvw5YUJ.jpg

I want to go all in on Zelda but I'm still going through Yakuza 0, which is phenomenal even as the sixth Yakuza game I've played. Have to carve out time to do both.

Shoot whats that mobile card game? Where you swipr left and right to make decisions? You play a king?

That would be Reigns.

Neat. Is that official? And I agree. What got me to adore the Zelda series in the first place is the sense of wonderment and adventure. Much as I enjoyed the last couple, they never were evocative in that sense. That Breath of the Wild is recapturing it is very exciting.

If I'm not mistaken the one Sleeping Lesson posted is also official but it's inspired by the old official LOZ concept art. Rightfully so, BOTW seems like the exact way Miyamoto envisioned LOZ being.

Peru

Austin really nails what I look for in an open world experience. Or my idealized dream of what an open world experience is. One of his better pieces of writing. So I hope he's right.

Hindl

This is a really good write-up and I was totally on board until

I think this is meant to be a good thing but I don't like either of those games at all ��

Well those are two of Austin's favorite games, so that's the highest praise he can give.

But really, if you watch the QL up to before Dan skips ahead and aren't sold, the game isn't for you. If that doesn't sell you nothing will

Catvoca

Banned
Well those are two of Austin's favorite games, so that's the highest praise he can give.

But really, if you watch the QL up to before Dan skips ahead and aren't sold, the game isn't for you. If that doesn't sell you nothing will

I think it looks great and I wish I had a Wii U/Switch to play it on. I just thought it was funny that Austin's highest praise is comparing it to two games I hate.

This is a really good write-up and I was totally on board until

I think this is meant to be a good thing but I don't like either of those games at all ��

Hey now, the complete quote includes Morrowind and Shiren the Wanderer. 4/4 on mentions that appeal directly to me. Although the Shiren comparison is strange.

For all of these reasons, Breath of the Wild feels like a descendant of games like Far Cry 2 and Dragon's Dogma, games that emphasize making player expressivity joyful even (especially?) when things are going poorly. It lets me "break" the game with my nonsense in a way that reminds me of Morrowind's spell creation, and it rewards me for internalizing how the enemies and environment work the way Shiren the Wanderer once did. I do not make any of these comparisons lightly. It does not just aspire to be like these games that are in my personal canon of favorites, it does not only remind me of them, it belongs with them.

If I'm not mistaken the one Sleeping Lesson posted is also official but it's inspired by the old official LOZ concept art. Rightfully so, BOTW seems like the exact way Miyamoto envisioned LOZ being.

Neat for Nintendo to make that callback then.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Night In The Woods just lost me. Not because of the tone of the writing because the game decides you need ot be a complete piece of shit to move the story along despite it not fitting your character and despite dialogue choices being a thing in the game.

Not since Cole Phelps have I felt bamboozled by a characters dialogue choices for absolutely not reason other than to make fake drama even if they don't make sense for that character in that situation at all.

Sometimes the gaming side is really shitty. I don't get the reasoning behind bragging or shitting on a Metacritic score? It seems so petty.

Bacon

I've read a couple articles and is the consensus that if I have a WiiU, I'm fine with playing the WiiU version of Breath of the WIld?

A gaffer who has put a few hours into it says it sits at a pretty constant 25-30 fps but can drop really badly in a couple specific areas. He compared those areas to blighttown from dark souls. Take that as you will.

A gaffer who has put a few hours into it says it sits at a pretty constant 25-30 fps but can drop really badly in a couple specific areas. He compared those areas to blighttown from dark souls. Take that as you will.

that would be extremely bad if those areas have things going on in them

Top Bottom