• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Neat. Is that official? And I agree. What got me to adore the Zelda series in the first place is the sense of wonderment and adventure. Much as I enjoyed the last couple, they never were evocative in that sense. That Breath of the Wild is recapturing it is very exciting.

It is official! Great throwback.

What a nice surprise. The game looks fantastic, SOLD.

vnnnnmxujm.gif

Sweetness.

glip42uv3.gif

Mr. F

Banned
Been kind of avoiding reading too much, but is there a day one patch coming for Zelda? Hoping some of the framiness gets addressed :c

Hindl

Been kind of avoiding reading too much, but is there a day one patch coming for Zelda? Hoping some of the framiness gets addressed :c

Yeah there's a patch but not sure what it fixes. Some are saying it fixes the frame rate a bit but others aren't sure

Anybody know how Dan played Zelda? I mean,he said he didn't have a pro controller yet, did he play it mostly handheld or with the dodgy looking holder for the controllers that comes with the Switch?

If I were to express the feelings that BOTW gives me when I look at it, it's this classic LOZ concept art.

legend_of_zelda_conceptart_TcDH9.jpg

Really can't wait to experience that sense of adventure and excitement in BOTW.

At E3 2016 they actually brought up that piece of art specifically, and noted that the part where you run out of the opening cave and stare off a cliff into the distance was meant to evoke it.

They also released multiple pieces of art riffing on the basic motif:

Nerokis

This is one of those "I wish I could drop everything and simply play this video game" moments. I'd rather have a weekend alone with BotW than do almost anything else.

Which is nostalgic, because I remember feeling this way about OoT as a kid. Couldn't have been more excited to get back home from Fiesta Texas.

The Zelda QL actually lessened my hype a bit. Framerate issues, inventory management, weapon durability, tons of towers, so much shit to collect, and combat seems a bit lame. Still hyped though. Yakuza 0 stays king.

So I haven't got Horizon and I'm not really interested in Breath of the Wild either...

Am I weird?

I have a $50 gift card I could use on Horizon but I just don't knoooow...and I bought a PS4 for exclusives.

I mean I said it once but bring on Yooka-Laylee (sure it's a bit of a wait but I can hold strong).

I actually stopped watching the BotW QL at the spoiler warning (even though it was maybe kinda spoilery in the segment immediately before that). I don't own a Wii U, have no near-term desire to own a Switch, but BotW looked good in a way that I don't think Zelda games have in a while. Also strengthened my desire to go back to The Witcher 3, which I haven't touched the DLC for that yet. But TW3 will still be put on hold until I upgrade my PC in a couple months. That framerate on BotW looks to be a bummer though.

The thing that struck me the most is definitely them kind of making good on the "go anywhere whenever you want." Which is something The Witcher 3 does and was very much a thing on old PC RPGs back in the day but has largely been abandoned by the modern WRPGs. The idea of gating parts of the world by actual difficulty and not just scaling the world a la modern Bethesda-style seems like the most non-Nintendo-like design decision I could imagine. While it may not be as big as a Bethesda RPG is, its crazy that the BotW Quick Look evoked those feelings of playing Morrowind better than any Bethesda RPG has since.

Bacon

Can't wait for f&f. That was honestly some of the best content I can remember from giantbomb. Top fucking tier. Alex's knowledge of the franchise combined with Vinny's wit and Dan's enthusiasm. Can't beat it.

Skyzard

Banned
What's up with Dan going to the Castle with his first save... I was going to wait until they said not to watch anymore due to loading the second save but it sounds like he's going to go to the castle at around 55 minutes.

Should I stop now? Or wait until they warn you...don't want the final area to be spoiled...but I want to keep watching...

What's up with Dan going to the Castle with his first save... I was going to wait until they said not to watch anymore due to loading the second save but it sounds like he's going to go to the castle at around 55 minutes.

Should I stop now? Or wait until they warn you...don't want the final area to be spoiled...but I want to keep watching...

You can go on since it's not really a spoiler. They make it like a room deep before it ends. It's more like fighting Lavos the first chance you get in Chrono Trigger.

Tubobutts

They don't get very far since he's trying to go there at the very beginning of the game. Unless you consider knowing that there's a castle in Hyrule to be a spoiler.

Top Bottom