• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I just realized this will be the first time I watched a console/tech launch stream on Giant Bomb where I will actually own, and be playing the thing, before they stream.

It seems less special!

Nerokis

POGs are amazing!

A couple of pages back someone mentioned the BBC. I can't believe out of all the crazy things, and good/professional things he's done...This is what's got him on the BBC...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39141371

This article inspired me to check out the UPF where Jeff apparently started a trend of licking Switch cartridges, and man, he's fantastic in this format. Handles every call really well, has a smooth, conversational style that's pretty effective, and never runs out of things to talk about. He and Drew are actually a pretty good team here, because both are sociable and welcoming in their own ways.

Honestly, it was nice seeing Jeff and Drew teaming up more often over the past couple weeks in general.

And now I'm sad.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This article inspired me to check out the UPF where Jeff apparently started a trend of licking Switch cartridges, and man, he's fantastic in this format. Handles every call really well, has a smooth, conversational style that's pretty effective, and never runs out of things to talk about. He and Drew are actually a pretty good team here, because both are sociable and welcoming in their own ways.

Honestly, it was nice seeing Jeff and Drew teaming up more often over the past couple weeks in general.

And now I'm sad.

And quite a number of people hated that UPF too.

Tunoku

I just realized this will be the first time I watched a console/tech launch stream on Giant Bomb where I will actually own, and be playing the thing, before they stream.

It seems less special!

I know where you're coming from. It feels weird, right? I don't have my Switch yet but it's out for delivery at the moment and I'm glad I'll be able to play Zelda in handheld mode while watching that stream.

kiguel182

Haven't watched it yet but I've looked at a bunch of other coverage. For the main quest, yes, there will be a marker. For the sidequests, there are also markers, but only if you choose to track it. For a lot of sidequests, NPCs will give you directions (go South, turn left at the fork, go cross the first river you see, etc.) that you can apparently rely on to find the objective without turning on the marker if you like

They're approaching Sega level at the very least

Hmm, nice. A main quest marker is defenitly appreciated since, as interesting as finding stuff for yourself is, it seems too cumbersome to do for the entire game. I do want to be able to finish the game lol

Tubobutts

It seems less special!
The simplest solution is to just throw your Switch away so it's special again.

can't wait for some hot 1-2 Switch gameplay
2567544-pytkye8.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Xater

In case anyone is interested, here are all the Giant POGs I sent in for that mailbag!

It was a very fun project, even though it took like 3 years to finish, lol

Awesome work! They look really cool.

Man for some reason the meager 4 hours planned for the Switch is bumming me out. It's probably justified looking at their launch, but it just doesn't feel epic enough compared to those VR launches we got recently.

PS: Tokyo 42 looks dope.

kiguel182

I came so close to bowing out in the latest episode. He still hasn't figured out the targeting and gets mad because the camera changes when he presses Z.

He just finish Jabu Jabu's belly, by the way.

Jabu Jabu is the third dungeon right? I guess it could be worse.

I never finished Ocarina. Got to Shadow Temple and the boss kicked my ass so I gave up. This was like 5 years ago.

I should buy the remaster eventually and actually finish it.

Beastcast is maybe getting a little tiring with all the bits.

"I had a buddy who used to do this to me and I used to hate it."

Yeah, and it turns out that it makes for some lousy podcasting.

hamchan

The Switch really is very nice hardware. I'm impressed and looking forward to seeing the full brunt of Nintendo development rain down on this thing.

Scizzy

Beastcast is maybe getting a little tiring with all the bits.

"I had a buddy who used to do this to me and I used to hate it."

Yeah, and it turns out that it makes for some lousy podcasting.

I haven't listened to this week's episode yet, but there's no way there's as many bits as during the Austin era.

bits are bad

Beastcast is the first time I found 'Awww Yiss' funny. I dont even understand what it is, or why it exists, but the randomness of it on the Beastcast made it okay.

the aw yiss thing is fine, it was the "why don't you tell them what you told me" thing that wasn't funny at all and led nowhere (to be fair, Vinny pretty quickly realized he was trapped in the bit after getting into it)

also the "this is Dan's first time on the show" bit is pretty well past its use-by date

Watching the Zelda QL I really got an urge to get a Switch and the game. I was really surprised, when it got to the later parts of the QL, that I had to turn it off because I usually don't care about spoilers, but I was getting the feeling I really wanted to experience it myself.

Vinny pointed it out in the Beastcast, but I loved the idea of you pointing out what you yourself find interesting to check out. I love that it just doesn't highlight everything for you.

My main peeve with the Beastcast is every time Vinny misspeaks he tries to force it into an improv but and it never works. Most of Vinny's humor leaves me scratching my head these days.

EDIT: except I just heard "I can kick it" "Yes you stand" and I take back everything I said

Skyzard

Banned
About the currency on Switch, I think bombcast got it wrong - you can merge your NNID funds with your Nintendo account to use it on either Switch/WiiU (and 3DS). It's really easy to do.

https://accounts.nintendo.com/ Go to the shop menu on the left.

But if you unlink your WiiU from your NNID then you can't use those funds anymore on WiiU (or something like that, has the warning when you do it).

I think my Switch and Zelda are coming on Monday instead of today which is a good thing so I could focus on Horizon. Also, It's Drew's last day! Godspeed Drew.

In case anyone is interested, here are all the Giant POGs I sent in for that mailbag!

It was a very fun project, even though it took like 3 years to finish, lol

Amazing is an understatement. I want to buy that shit.

It closed out the BLLSL. It was good times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzzPXCUyfY8

GET OUT OF THE FUCKING PLANE!

Wonderful memories.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
are the timings for upcoming videos on giantbomb.com in your local timezone? I'm logged in (UK) and its saying switch livestream is 7pm. Not sure if that's here or there.

Top Bottom