• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

repeater

This is the Run
any Demo Derbies
Game Tapes
GBE Playdate: SMB2
their Premium HITMAN content
All good suggestions.

Shenmue Endurance Run
Vinnyvania: Rondo of Blood
Metal Gear Scanlon: Rising
... is GOTY stuff Premium? If so, watch the Rock Band one. I know it sounds weird. Just do it.

All good suggestions.

Shenmue Endurance Run
Vinnyvania: Rondo of Blood
Metal Gear Scanlon: Rising
... is GOTY stuff Premium? If so, watch the Rock Band one. I know it sounds weird. Just do it.

GOTY stuff and Shenmue are both free, but MGS Rising is a good suggestion I blanked on.

I enjoyed Vinnyvania, but I don't know that I'd call any of them must-watch, except for maybe Bloodlines.

NightOnyx

Just watched the UPF and it's so sad to see Drew go. Him leaving is hitting me way harder than when others have left, obviously because he's been apart of this since pretty much the beginning. Such a cool and genuine dude though, it's been a pleasure watching him on the site over all these year. I wish him the best and I hope he makes frequent visits back.

Dany

Banned
Just watched the UPF and it's so sad to see Drew go. Him leaving is hitting me way harder than when others have left, obviously because he's been apart of this since pretty much the beginning. Such a cool and genuine dude though, it's been a pleasure watching him on the site over all these year. I wish him the best and I hope he makes frequent visits back.

We still don't know what he's doing next right?

4.jpg

1.jpg

Vinter

Was a nice sendoff for Drew. Really sad that he is leaving but I can understand that he wants to try something new.

After trying out the Switch yesterday and sleeping on it. I must say it's a pretty sleek system that's bare bones at the moment with an underbaked online portion(no shit). The whole friends thing is atrocious and the eshop feels dead especially since you're used to listening to eshop music(there's none currently). HOWEVER, being region free and having the ability to SWITCH between accounts on different regions is fucking awesome. The whole play anywhere feels great and docking the system as well as removing it is a very smooth and easy thing to do, not to mention, fucking quick when it switches from one screen to the next. I do recommend the pro controller though because the ones that come with the console are just OK, they're small in my hands and it's not 100% as comfortable as using the pro controller.

Zelda is legit. While I do kind of hate how aimless it feels, at the same time I love that it gives you this vast open world for you to explore and lose yourself in. It looks barren but there tons of bits and pieces you could find from items to animals and all sorts of shit spread around. It doesn't even have to be about finding something but the detail put across Hyrule really gives you an idea of what just happened a 100 years ago. Hyrule feels like a place that exists and is a character in of itself. On the other hand, the game does CHUG and it should have been better especially since I prefer playing Zelda on the big ass screen. I played for 6 or so hours and going to continue doing so this entire week. Hoping to beat it this week so I could return to Horizon lol. On the other side of the spectrum though, Snipperclips is probably the best thing on the system besides Zelda. It's use of co-op is very well implemented. It's a sharp looking game that's also charming as hell, very easy for anyone to pick up and play. Although I'm not sure about how long it is but I enjoyed the 1.5 hours I played of it in co-op.

I got 1-2 Switch as well and it's a pretty dumb game. Not 50-60$ dumb though, it is fun but at the same time there's just not a whole lot there to dig into. It's good to play in short bursts to act dumb, have a laugh or two with friends and move around a little but that's about it. Not worth it, only get it if you have disposable income.

It definitely felt the most bittersweet of all the various departures over the years, aside from Ryan of course but that was just straight up depressing, since he spent the longest time at Giant Bomb of all the various former employees.

Strax

Playing Sleeping Dogs for the first time, maybe 2 hours in. I'm shocked how loose the combat feels given how much praise it got. I was expecting a little worse then Batman Arkham games levels of control.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like this is a question I'm not supposed to ask, but what do o7 and <> mean?

O7 means the original 7 of the Giantbomb crew.

<> Refers to Drew's previous job as a programmer.

You have to be real inside Giantbomb to know this.

Top Bottom