• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

So long as we get a PS4 and Xbox One version of this GIF out of the livestreams I'm golden.

[IMG ]http://abload.de/img/ienfvbvwl4xtie3e35.gif[/IMG]
Start as you mean to go on...

jeffbonen3fhk.gif

Hanzou

Am I crazy or was there a video on the front page about them seeing PS4's (and XBONE) and were talking about them? That video is nowhere to be seen.

This was probably my favourite moment in the latest UPF.

Brad reacting to Vinny laughing for no reason

i33JFVBjFkdDS.gif

Brad is the god of facial expressions. He might not say much, is a bit sleepy, but his face does all the talking.

wizzbang

Banned
he wasn't wrong

Some of us actually like Killzone, I thought 2 was really fairly good and KZ3 was reasonably good. Very competent SP shooters with great graphics.

I guess I'm underestimating the popularity of the Killzone series. I thought everyone with whatever little enthusiasm left tapped out after K3.

KZ3 is hardly an amazing game but it looks nice, it's very well presented, the gunplay is pretty fucking fun. It's like a solid dumb action movie for me.
Honestly I think it'll probably be the best PS4 game for the coming months.

DoctorZ

Yeah, it's gonna be bad. I cringed when he made the comment along the lines of "the world never asked for another Killzone game" in regards to Shadow Fall. Ughhhhhhhhh

Yep, I actually sighed when they said he was gonna be there. To be honest all I really want/need is Brad, Jeff and Vinny messing with the consoles for 5 hours. Not even playing games.

Zero_

Haha shot yeah that is it! new it was one of the next gen systems! Not sure how I missed it on the front page, I was looking for a different screen grab I think As I saw both the video above and below it!

Yeah, the site has this (really stupid I reckon) way of hiding stuff from the front page if you've clicked on it. Dave's idea of a "living" website and while I think his ambition is novel, that's not how we are used to with a website.

wizzbang

Banned
Yep, I actually sighed when they said he was gonna be there. To be honest all I really want/need is Brad, Jeff and Vinny messing with the consoles for 5 hours. Not even playing games.

I've never got the Patrick hate, even if he doesn't like KZ it'll be good see him back with the guys for a bit.
I THINK I recall him being a bit... whiny for the Wii U launch but don't quote me, it was a long time ago. I'm sure every single person on that team is probably trying to force themselves to be a bit more upbeat these last couple of months anyhow.

DoctorZ

I've never got the Patrick hate, even if he doesn't like KZ it'll be good see him back with the guys for a bit.
I THINK I recall him being a bit... whiny for the Wii U launch but don't quote me, it was a long time ago. I'm sure every single person on that team is probably trying to force themselves to be a bit more upbeat these last couple of months anyhow.

I like Patrick in written form. His written articles, interviews, etc are great. On camera or in voice I do not. His content is the only stuff I don't watch/listen too on the site. I don't feel I'm alone in not liking his personality. He does good work, but I don't enjoy parts of it.

Zaph

Yeah, if the consoles fall apart spectacularly then I expect them to go hard (like the WiiU's UI and Epic Mickey), but if it's just shit like visually underwhelming games, then there's no real reason to be too pessimistic and critical for the entire stream - launch games are launch games.

popo

If you want genuine boundless enthusiasm and glee I suggest you seek out a stream of grade schoolers (safe search on).

If you don't mind fake enthusiasm for pay then there is always IGN.

i33JFVBjFkdDS.gif

Brad is the god of facial expressions. He might not say much, is a bit sleepy, but his face does all the talking.

Brad's reactions/laughs to Jeff's jokes are always great and make me laugh even more.

Xater

i33JFVBjFkdDS.gif

Nah the best thing was Vinny throwing his coffee cup at the TV.

Curufinwe

Some of us actually like Killzone, I thought 2 was really fairly good and KZ3 was reasonably good. Very competent SP shooters with great graphics.

KZ3 is hardly an amazing game but it looks nice, it's very well presented, the gunplay is pretty fucking fun. It's like a solid dumb action movie for me.
Honestly I think it'll probably be the best PS4 game for the coming months.

I've never played a KZ game apart from the KZ3 demo, but the recent tactical gameplay footage looked really good.

I dont think the world didnt need another Killzone..... I just think Sony would have been smart to have a new shooter IP at launch. I guess if they wanted to take one last crack at Killzone then this was maybe the only chance?

KZ games are ok. 1 was a mess. 2 was GREAT! and 3 got hit with the COD brush a bit to hard. Also the story was hilarious.

I think the biggest problem with them is the name Killzone. "Killzone" sounds like the fake name of a videogame you see in a TV show. Its right up there with Bulletstorm in being so generic and non descriptive that it can actually turn people off.

The setting is good. The gameplay is different enough but the name.....

MNC

i33JFVBjFkdDS.gif

Bwahah, oh man, this is great.

popo

Jeff answering a ton of tumblr Qs, bored on a plane. Sick burns like this one.

Anonymous asked: Tell Brad to get on his Tumblr and answer stuff too.
Jeff: He might be too thrifty to pay the $21 for Internet.

I hope they still do UPF, maybe on Thursday.

I think you expect too much, they will be busy last minute prepping on Thursday.

chogidogs

Yeah. Killzone was the only first person shooter I've played that made me feel like I was enjoying myself despite not being great at first person shooters.

BearPawB

Banned
Yeah. Killzone was the only first person shooter I've played that made me feel like I was enjoying myself despite not being great at first person shooters.

I played 3 without playing any of the others. I found myself liking it quite a bit for the most part. Not that i remember much of the plot now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom