• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

culafia

Need my bombcast fix before I walk my dog! Don't want to be entitled since I know how much work everyone puts in, but damn does it suck when the episode goes up at 2am ET.

EDIT: Don't want to make a second post, but I did want to also say that I think I prefer Bombin to be just Alex and Patrick. I always get bored when they bring the devs in with rare exceptions. Too bad for me I guess.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamn it's actually hard to concentrate on the game and the conversations at the same time.

Too much talking over this time.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going on a hunger strike until they post the bombcast.

This Broken Age QLEX is fucking fantastic. One of the absolute best parts of GB is the ability to bring in developers and have them just relax and feel free from the PR cycle. Despite all the snark another Lang/Muir appearance seems to generate, the ability to humanize these guys who are behind the games we love so much is such a unique and special part of GB.

Fox318

I'm going on a hunger strike until they post the bombcast.

5FSE06O.png

Teddified

This Broken Age QLEX is fucking fantastic. One of the absolute best parts of GB is the ability to bring in developers and have them just relax and feel free from the PR cycle. Despite all the snark another Lang/Muir appearance seems to generate, the ability to humanize these guys who are behind the games we love so much is such a unique and special part of GB.

Yeah, I barely paid attention to the game since I was focusing so much on the conversation.

Tucah

you speak so well

Yep. Schafer is always a delight to listen to and he sound so natural chatting with the GB guys.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best

Schafer is always great on GB. His personality seems to blend well with the crew.

Patrick's crazy luck makes me angry

don't get me wrong, he's also a pretty good player, adaptive and patient and stuff, but he's ALSO really goddamn lucky and it makes me annnnnngrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

He gets Karma in that last Spelunky with the scepter hijinx.

OUCH.

Yeah right after he realized they didn't talk about Nintendo at all in the news segment lol.

Whuh? I usually clean my plate with their cast chatter, but that was a biggie.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn

I really didn't like it :(

Seemed like a talk-over-a-thon and then brad said "idk wtf to do so i'm just gonna skip this" and I turned it off

Randdalf

They should have just interviewed the man and cut in game footage later. Would be better for us who haven't finished playing the game yet.

To be fair, I "watched" it by just listening to it, was great that way except for a few bits where they talk about the visuals.

Zaph

Man, listening to Dave talk to Jeff on Mixlr about site and database stuff is actually kinda sad. He is such an ethical/community-first designer with all his site decisions (even more impressive since he had a financial stake at risk), something no corporate would ever approve. Really miss him popping up on GB stuff.

Daheza

Man, listening to Dave talk to Jeff on Mixlr about site and database stuff is actually kinda sad. He is such an ethical/community-first designer with all his site decisions (even more impressive since he had a financial stake at risk), something no corporate would ever approve. Really miss him popping up on GB stuff.

Aww I missed this part care to go into the details? I was recently messing around with the giant bomb api for a silly site.

Lowering Wii U estimated sales, Iwata not retiring, Nintendo not interested in bringing their games to mobile, Stocks dropping, etc.

Oh. Well, I wouldn't consider them not being interested in mobile news. I dont think anyone was actually thinking they would go that route. Also, I dont think GB cares that much for sale figures. I could be wrong, but I get the feeling they just dont care.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The Broken Age QL made me remember that I had a Day of the Tentacle triangle box until a few years ago, when I let my mom toss out all my game boxes. Kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom