• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunzio

Aww I missed this part care to go into the details? I was recently messing around with the giant bomb api for a silly site.

I listened in only briefly but it seem as though Jeff was thinking about using the GameFaqs database for games instead of community-edited stuff. Conservatively-speaking, I think it would be for game additions and release dates.

Zaph

Aww I missed this part care to go into the details? I was recently messing around with the giant bomb api for a silly site.
He said when they started off on Comicvine, he was very mindful of the possibility of a buyout or just plain shutting down. To reconcile this with himself, because they were asking the community to populate the data, he made sure the entire thing was always freely downloadable via the API so the work was never lost. Even though he's disappointed the API was never really utilised in ways they hoped, he doesn't seem to regret the effort that went into it at all.

Over the years dude has always been focused on trying to make the internet better, even if it's just small things like banning pagination. Hope Webhook gives them the payday they deserve
so Dave can spend more time hanging out at giant bomb.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, they really talked over everything in Broken Age. Brad met some great characters and those are probably the best thing in that game.
That talk was still interesting, though, I just wish they would've shut up at a couple of spots.

popo

It might have been better as just an interview but I feel any normal quick look of such a short adventure game would disappoint. If you are going to play it anyway then it just spoils too much. If you are not in to adventure games or the reviews did not sell you on this one, then I don't see a QL changing your mind.

CzarTim

Hey guys, am I mistaken or was the end of year sale for 2012 essentially buy a year sub, get one for free? I remember putting in the code for the second year, but I just got charged for a new one.

An-Det

Finally watching the Breaking Brad Demons Souls, Vinny egging him on that he "aggro'ed the friendly dragon" was hilarious. I'd forgotten how big 1-1 was, too. Looking forward to the next installment tonight, really wish I could watch it live though.

popo

Hey guys, am I mistaken or was the end of year sale for 2012 essentially buy a year sub, get one for free? I remember putting in the code for the second year, but I just got charged for a new one.

The only "sale" I remember them ever having was $35 for no shirt, 1 year codes.

Megasoum

Banned
Ah cool. Haven't had a chance to watch the Monday show yet. Cheers

On Patrick's Tumblr

anonymous asked:

Hey, please don't ignore the MS/Machinima scumminess like you've ignored so many other big controversies lately. Writing a little news blurb on it the size of the Nintendo business structure one can't possibly take long. I don't think you're unethical or paid off or any of that bullshit but it can be a bummer to see how frequently GB ignores or brushes off stuff like this. Even a short article on the site that's mostly regurgitating the others that have come out would go a long way for some fans

I’m looking into it. Had lots going on today, and been tracking down stuff about the Candy Crush Saga developer, King, trying to trademark the term “candy.” (Yes, that is true.)

Manus

Can anyone link me the video where everyone from Giantbomb is playing a Dota 2 match? I remember Drew and Jeff playing together. I've looked for the video, but can't find it anywhere.

hamchan

Man, Patrick can write some good stuff, but when it comes to news he's always behind.

He does deeper investigations, which I prefer. Doesn't post all the headline stuff but tbh I don't go to Giant Bomb for that, since GAF is normally good enough.

Good time to mention that I started going through the Interview Dumptruck and a lot of this stuff is really interesting. Patrick does great work here.

megalowho

The interview with Tim Schafer/QLEX was a great listen. Got a little real in parts, almost contentious even, but an interesting discussion on the game, the dev process and the industry. A good example of why Giant Bomb press coverage is like nothing else out there right now.

omg crossing the Mixlr and Spleunking with Scoops Streams...
AU7Amsc.gif

An-Det

Patrick and Max are doing Spelunkin with Scoops and noticed that Jeff did the daily challenge today. Curious, they just called Jeff, who apparently was in the middle of a mixlr at the same time. They're totally crossing the streams right now.

sprinkles

Patrick and Max are doing Spelunkin with Scoops and noticed that Jeff did the daily challenge today. Curious, they just called Jeff, who apparently was in the middle of a mixlr at the same time. They're totally crossing the streams right now.
A special Mixlr with Dave now with call-in Max Tempkin. Best content in a long time!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
^they really should go back to the green text on the homepage when they're live. I always gloss over the muted blue text.

I'd use that but with Dave leaving the Euro-friendly streaming attempts seem to have stopped, so I barely ever watch anything live anymore.

Pepboy

Brad will say whatever when he's arguing for GOTY stuff. He goes to war in that room, lol

Just finished the GOTY podcasts. Jeff and (especially) Brad both push way too hard for GOTY. When combined, they outweigh the others and made listening a mildly annoying experience. Vinny is enjoyable as always.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It seems weird to me to describe BioForge as a "combination of BioShock, Dead Space and Deus Ex" when it came out before any of those games. Not neccesarily inaccurate, just seems strange.

You just have to ask if people going to know more about those games or bioforge.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
So I started a new game of Demon's Souls after Brad started playing, and it does seem like a more forgiving game now. I had a really tough time with it when it first came out and never completed it, but now I've played through and beaten the bosses of 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 4-1 without dying a single time. Granted, I have the benefit of knowing most of the surprises in store for me, and have countless hours of experience with Dark Souls.

I hope Brad has a similar experience with the first section of Latria as I did back in 2009. Really looking forward to that, though I think he'll also have some trouble with 1-2 which hopefully he'll get to today. I feel like he should do more than one a week, but I can't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom