• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm really surprised at the scene in her parents' bedroom, I didn't do that stuff, it's really interesting having finished the game.

Mesoian

I'm really surprised at the scene in her parents' bedroom, I didn't do that stuff, it's really interesting having finished the game.

Yeah, the scene on the train played out pretty differently for me.

It's interesting how the choice result in very small, but varied differences to the story, but nothing really effects the overall narrative, while the choice in something like TWD feel huge and like they change the scope of everything, when none of them really effect the overall narrative.

Edit: Man, I never even made it to Baxtertown. I never saw like, half of that chapter. That's pretty incredible.

Patryn

Given the delay of Watch_Dogs, I'm kind of sad we got early Bombcast. Would have liked to have heard their reaction to the news as it was fresh (and I know that they normally record on Mondays).

Jrmint

Given the delay of Watch_Dogs, I'm kind of sad we got early Bombcast. Would have liked to have heard their reaction to the news as it was fresh (and I know that they normally record on Mondays).
I bet they'll cover it in depth on Bombin in the AM on Friday.

Patrick said:
i6AFLxf.jpg
1rCUAaX.gif

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Bigfoot taking down the Berlin wall is such a classic bit.

FStop7

Banned

What would they even say?

"Welp, Watch_Dogs was delayed."

"Yep."

"OK, on to the next hot release news."

popo

Jeff seemed disappointed on twitter, seemed to be looking forward to it.

FStop is right though, not much to discuss. One line news item.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I love nothing more than hearing Jeff rag on Santa Rosa malls.

Patryn

Lol I was thinking the same thing...I'm not sure any of them are particularly interested
in anything

kidding...!

Jeff has stated that it's the next gen launch title he was most interested in.

And I think there's a lot to discuss. Such as: What does this do to the PS4 launch lineup? That's now looking way thin.

FStop7

Banned
Lol I was thinking the same thing...I'm not sure any of them are particularly interested
in anything

kidding...!

I think they're interested in the game, just not the speculation or punditry. That seems to be what Scoops+Wolf have taken on and they do a good job with it, IMO.

Jeff has stated that it's the next gen launch title he was most interested in.

And I think there's a lot to discuss. Such as: What does this do to the PS4 launch lineup? That's now looking way thin.

I don't think that was that much in the large scale. In my case, I tend to be wary of UBISOFT games to actually be that hyped.

popo

If the loss of one game makes the launch line up thin, then it was thin to begin with. Such is the way launch line ups tend to go.

Oh shit, just realised more Dark Souls today...

yup. I found Dukes pretty dull but if Vinny goes in cold, and Ian doesn't ruin it, Crystal Cave could give some great oh shit moments. Although 2 years in I am guessing all the bloodstain messages might ruin the surprise.

sueil

Duke's/Seath is a pretty short and easy section. So of course Vinny will probably struggle on it. Do we know if he has killed any other lords besides Nito?

komplanen

Just finished the proper first 6 levels of Völgarr the Viking today. It's a hard little game but if Brad ever sees this, here's two tips:

1. Use spears more. Especially on the boss you are stuck on
2. Every boss has a very predictable pattern and they don't deviate from it.

Took me two tries to kill the fish boss just by jumping around and throwing spears around.

Xater

Just finished the proper first 6 levels of Völgarr the Viking today. It's a hard little game but if Brad ever sees this, here's two tips:

1. Use spears more. Especially on the boss you are stuck on
2. Every boss has a very predictable pattern and they don't deviate from it.

Took me two tries to kill the fish boss just by jumping around and throwing spears around.

I actually never used a spear on him. You can totally kill him with the sword. It's super fast especially if you have the fire one.

sixghost

Duke's/Seath is a pretty short and easy section. So of course Vinny will probably struggle on it. Do we know if he has killed any other lords besides Nito?

It's probably one of the longer/harder sections of the game in my opinion. If you know exactly how to get through the rotating staircase part, it can be quick, but my first time through there took forever. The caves can be pretty slow going too if you try to fight everything down there, and Seath isn't exactly easy. The fact that there is no bonfire close to Seath doesn't help either.

chogidogs

Is Dark Souls really full if jerks like that? I was thinking about picking it up if it went on sale again because of the stream, but I don't want to deal with that part.

sueil

I had an easy time with it the other day which was my first time. I have been told by others though it is not the easiest place. Vinny is clearly struggling.

popo

I know GB chat is alway terrible but it seems worse than usual on these DS streams. A shouting match between those who want everyone to let Vinny play in silence verses those shouting instructions for what he should do and random spoilers, and of course everyone is a DS expert.

Is Dark Souls really full if jerks like that? I was thinking about picking it up if it went on sale again because of the stream, but I don't want to deal with that part.

Just stay offline or stay hollow. Not everyone, but if you are still playing after 2 years and not deep in to PvP then griefing newbies is all that there is left.

Megasoum

Banned
I realized this week that I have never played a Pokemon game in my life... And I'm not saying that sarcisticly or anything like that... I dunno how I managed that...

Anyway... I'm kinda curious about the whole thing... Heck I don't even know what the game really is other than the very basic idea. Anyway, I don't have a 3DS so maybe one day.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
It may not be in the spirit of Dark Souls, but this stream has been great so far with the summoned players.

The comment on stream about the art design being influenced also makes me really wish for a D&D game in the style of Dark Souls.

Chuck

Still without luck
Jeff and Scoops QL over the cam involving battles, trades, getting over the nostalgia, and ravenous collectathoning of mons!

What if....TWO QUICK LOOKS! O_O

JVB Quick Look from GB HQ and a Scoops solo Quick Look from Chitown. Of the same battles too :eek:

Make it so, V-Bomb!

zam

It may not be in the spirit of Dark Souls, but this stream has been great so far with the summoned players.

Yeah I'm not quite sure about Vinny summoning players. Part of the fun of watching Vinny play Dark Souls is watching him figure out the bosses. Other players helping him steamroll stuff kinda hinders that. On the other hand if he is going to be invaded I think it's good for Vinny to have a posse that has his back.

Bedlam

I know GB chat is alway terrible but it seems worse than usual on these DS streams. A shouting match between those who want everyone to let Vinny play in silence verses those shouting instructions for what he should do and random spoilers, and of course everyone is a DS expert.

Don't know what you're talking about, the chat is pretty good during these LOLS features. What do you want? Everyone to stay silent and not write anything? It's not like Vinny reads it while he plays so it's pretty irrelevant what people suggest. Most important thing: the chat stays civil. Two of the people that Vinny summoned were from the chat btw which is why they didn't lead and let Vinny go first through the Crystal Caves (Piff, Restless).

Anyway, great segment today.

edit: Okay, now he's shown Vinny the New Londo shortcut... which is not cool.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
What really looks bad is the gameplay.

What looked bad to me was some of the character model/world interactions. Anywhere Vinny had even the slightest bit of agency over the character, those mo-cap animations looked really weird against the static game environment - sliding and snapping to all kinds of stuff. Maybe it's just that uncanny valley, but it seemed almost laughably unnatural...running down the aisle of the train was the worst.

DoctorZ

Aw man.

It's that kind of stuff that will ruin this show.

Yeah, its why I wish it was Vinny and someone else who hasn't played the game. What makes it more annoying is that they make it known that they are aware that people watching want to watch Vinny play the game on his own.

Bedlam

Aw man.

It's that kind of stuff that will ruin this show.

It wasn't too bad though. He died and just beat the 4K by himself.

But yeah, I hope the next episodes don't become too coop-heavy.

Yeah, its why I wish it was Vinny and someone else who hasn't played the game. What makes it more annoying is that they make it known that they are aware that people watching want to watch Vinny play the game on his own.
Well, two of the dudes who were in the chat let Vinny lead most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom