• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerned

Banned
I agree. But even when he had help, there were moments in the Crystal Cave that had me cracking up.

Definitely. He managed to die to Seath twice in a row with two white phantoms because he's such an aggressive player. Vinny gonna Vinny.

It was pretty awesome though when his strength build/play style came together in a perfect storm against Four Kings.

bigkrev

FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK that arcade game.

I was positive that the twist was going to be that you were the killer that was released, but man that got dark.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That arcade game seemed controversial for the sake of being controversial.

Like the only reason it was there was because "shock value."

It's an indie jam game so I guess there wasn't much time to develop the premise, but I don't know. I feel like if you're going to go for something like that you have to give it more context.

Chuck

Still without luck
It's that time of the year again....time for another OCTOBERKAST from your friends and mine over at Tested.com! :D

October 25th! Details here

55-54193-2353367-octobercast-1381952350.png

54202-ok.png

Megasoum

Banned
Ok that's kinda random but wasn't there a QuicklookEX of Kingdoms of Amalur? Right now I see a bunch of promo videos, one "Ask me anything" with Brad and one normal quicklook.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm finally getting around to watch Brad and Ryan's Deadly Premonition ER and I gotta say, the constant negativity (Usually from Brad) is already getting old (Five parts in). Does the game ever start growing on them? Or is the entire ER filled with comments on how bad the game is?

CrazyDude

I'm finally getting around to watch Brad and Ryan's Deadly Premonition ER and I gotta say, the constant negativity (Usually from Brad) is already getting old (Five parts in). Does the game ever start growing on them? Or is the entire ER filled with comments on how bad the game is?

The game is pretty bad.

Megasoum

Banned
I wonder what was happening at Playstation HQ today... Jeff and Geoff Keighley (and probably other journalists) were there today.

Jeff tweeted about seeing Matt Kessler in his new office and also tweeted the giant move controller in the lobby lol.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I wonder what was happening at Playstation HQ today... Jeff and Geoff Keighley (and probably other journalists) were there today.

Jeff tweeted about seeing Matt Kessler in his new office and also tweeted the giant move controller in the lobby lol.

Brad was there too.

On his Tumblr Jeff said they'd probably talk about it in a couple weeks.

Ryan gets into it by the end, but Brad never really stops. During the second half and near the end there's some amazing/frustrating moments of Brad screwing himself over and then blaming the game for it, which at the time were made even more frustrating by episodes of the Vinny/Jeff run going up at the same time where they were able to do the same sections without any deaths and having a tenth of the difficulty.

I'll probably catch the first half as I work from home on Fridays but I got a Halloween party at night to go to. Then I'll just catch up on any guests that I'm interested in.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I loved Rories remarks after Vinny and crew beat Seath.

Vinny: "Wait what happened to them? So now those guys became human right?"

Rorie: "They won the game."

later on...

Vinny: "But afterwards they go off and become human now?"

Rorie: "They're off on their own now, they went to heaven."

Genuinely funny stuff

Xater

I'll probably tune in, but yeah...haven't visited the site in a good half year, and I lost my patience with the podcast.

I liked then when their site and podcast was first and foremost about tech. The tangents came in naturally. After they became Mythbusters junior I lost interest.

LiK

I liked then when their site and podcast was first and foremost about tech. The tangents came in naturally. After they became Mythbusters junior I lost interest.

The podcasts are still good. Haven't changed. I don't go to the site as much tho. There's way less QLs and reviews and too many random science vids.

Mr. F

Banned
The podcasts are still good. Haven't changed. I don't go to the site as much tho. There's way less QLs and reviews and too many random science vids.

It's kind of unbearable to me. As hosts, Will and Norm could not have less chemistry - every podcast topic devolves into cutting each other off or talking over each other to see who can beat the other person to the (usually incorrect) point first. It's more tiring to listen to than anything.

Things get a bit better when there's a third chair, and Gary is still the best for keeping things on track, but it's really not enjoyable anymore. Just my opinion, of course.

LiK

It's kind of unbearable to me. As hosts, Will and Norm could not have less chemistry - every podcast topic devolves into cutting each other off or talking over each other to see who can beat the other person to the (usually incorrect) point first. It's more tiring to listen to than anything.

Things get a bit better when there's a third chair, and Gary is still the best for keeping things on track, but it's really not enjoyable anymore. Just my opinion, of course.

I agree that Gary really adds a lot of energy to his appearances. Although I've been warming up to the other new third chairs lately. I still enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom