• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
I believe it'll be Alexis, Drew, Jeff and Vinny. It'll run from Sunday 9 a.m. to Monday 9 a.m the first weekend of November.

Last year Drew and Alexis did it and played through the entirety of Halo 1,2 and 3 during it.

Also sounds like Brad will be playing something on Saturday.

YAASSS

Blood on the Sand had a QL.

Sometimes things aren't QLs though, even though they seem like it, like there is basically a FFXIII QL, but it's an Ask me Anything because the commentary was recorded after the gameplay. So it could be easy to misremember some of them.
I want to say I remember Ryan playing Blood on the Sand online co-op with randoms, probably on an old TNT on YouTube.

For some reason, I am reminded of the last Bombcast where Jeff said Tales still probably does locational targeting (where characters attack an enemy slot that is already dead - like Final Fantasy 1 or Golden Sun).

I mean he obviously just threw a random name out there, but I'm pretty sure he's never actually seen a Tales game.

Did he mean "where the enemy once stood" like on full Manual? Youre sent to auto-target another enemy if there's one left, but still attack in the line you were once in. If one is mashing, it will come off as that.

If not and he meant turn-based without auto-correct, Jeff, drag out that ToX1 copy under the mess on your desk you got a QL long overdue. :p

Megasoum

Banned
Oh wow..the review page on the new Gamespot forgets the filters everytime you change page... Who tought this was a good design idea? wtf...

Now if, for example, I want to go and see a list of all the games on a specific platform from highest score to lowest I have to set the filters again on every page.

There goes one of the only use I ever had for Gamespot.

demidar

Did he mean "where the enemy once stood" like on full Manual? Youre sent to auto-target another enemy if there's one left, but still attack in the line you were once in. If one is mashing, it will come off as that.

If not and he meant turn-based without auto-correct, Jeff, drag out that ToX1 copy under the mess on your desk you got a QL long overdue. :p

As a Tales fan that made me twinge a bit. It's not even turn based so how can you waste turns?!

rajhsdafbhkajfakfja

def sim

I believe it'll be Alexis, Drew, Jeff and Vinny. It'll run from Sunday 9 a.m. to Monday 9 a.m the first weekend of November.

Last year Drew and Alexis did it and played through the entirety of Halo 1,2 and 3 during it.

Oh, this should be some fun. I didn't know Jeff and Vinny we're joining in too.

komplanen

Yeah the livestream is going to be real nice :) I already have plans to stay awake for the full duration and play games myself.

I kinda Wish Brad joined the others instead of doing it himself.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know about where you work, but when a co-worker of mine dies, I'm still expected to do my job.

You're a fucking idiot, do you know that?

When a co-worker of yours dies, come back here and let us know how that shit goes. Until then (I'm willing to bet $500 no "coworker" of yours has died) shut the fuck up you sniveling little shit.

Tan

Hmmmmmmm, this is super tempting but I'm gonna be super busy that weekend.

-MD-

You're a fucking idiot, do you know that?

When a co-worker of yours dies, come back here and let us know how that shit goes. Until then (I'm willing to bet $500 no "coworker" of yours has died) shut the fuck up you sniveling little shit.

Are you 12? Grow up.

And their job doesn't require them to cover TLoU.

Skipping out on what they don't want to do seems like one of the core reasons Giantbomb exists. They aren't relegated to a list of things they must do, but ,more so, they relegate their time to things they enjoy or feel that we will enjoy watching them do.

Also they already covered The Last of Us.

Quick look and review.

This as well.

justjim89

Guys, to lighten the mood, how about this little gem from Jeff's tumblr:

anonymous asked:

Jeff, what do I do when I've fallen in love with a video game critic so madly that I send him anonymous tumblr questions just to keep him looking at his computer and not behind him towards my hiding place? I'm asking for... a friend. Yeah. A friend.

Try to keep your weird moaning noises to a minimum, some video game critics are trying to sleep up here.

I nearly spit Mountain Dew all over my laptop. Which one of you rascals was this?

demidar

Does anyone know how to use the "resuming video" feature of Giant Bomb videos? I only get them infrequently and it'll be great if it was more consistent.

tsigo

Does anyone know how to use the "resuming video" feature of Giant Bomb videos? I only get them infrequently and it'll be great if it was more consistent.

Only works on one video at a time. So you can't pause one, watch another one, go back to the first one where you left off.

It saves your position periodically and when you navigate away from the page. You can force it to save by pausing.

I got the impression that Drew and Alexis will be doing a 24 hour stream with appearances by Vinny and Jeff. I can't imagine those two would stay on for the whole thing.

demidar

Only works on one video at a time. So you can't pause one, watch another one, go back to the first one where you left off.

It saves your position periodically and when you navigate away from the page. You can force it to save by pausing.

Huh, good to know then.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What's wrong with that?

I dunno, I guess I just don't really care about what they pick for GOTY, becuase really, it's just 4-5 people trying to consolidate their subjective tastes. I just enjoy the discussion and arguments.

I guess I don't really see why so many people are invested in what they pick for top 10. It holds almost no worth to me other than the content they create.

It's ALWAYS hilarious to me so see people freaking out cause they "didn't mention" one game or cause they gave the award to ABC and not to XYZ or whatever. I honestly don't care who wins, I just like to listen to the guys discussing.

It's also kinda fun how some people claim Brad just says what Jeff says but then complain when he defends a game on the lists (remember that Minerva's Den discussion. And he was damn right!)

They should hire Cara Ellison.

OK no they shouldn't, she's doing great work over here but it'd be a hilarious trainwreck to watch unfold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom