• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Max has got that Benjamin Button. Forget playing games, I'm pretty sure he already has a few developer credits under his belt.

Also vampire Drew is creeping me the fuck out.

Experiences like this always baffle me. I completed Blue when I was 5 without any issues. My team was probably awful, but I made do. The same goes for all of my friends and siblings that have played the games. Some of the mechanical stuff is definitely obtuse, but the actual progression is almost always a fixed path from point A to point B that might require an HM or two.
Im as baffled as you are. I never understood how he could get lost in there.

Rock Tunnel? Yeah I can see that, especially if you don't have Flash.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Hiring people just to fill a minority role and to "balance things out" is a practice i won't ever understand.

Hire passionate people who love videogames and who can bring something awesome to the table. I don't give one iota of a fuck about their gender, skin tone, or religious beliefs.
And neither should you.

Well, Giant Bomb should probably hire a minority. There's a distinct lack of the Irish being represented on the site. Danny O'Dwyer would fill that role. Although, having both an Italian and Irishman on the site may eventually lead to problems as they are natural enemies.

Dany

Banned
Well, Giant Bomb should probably hire a minority. There's a distinct lack of the Irish being represented on the site. Danny O'Dwyer would fill that role. Although, having both an Italian and Irishman on the site may eventually lead to problems as they are natural enemies.
What a dumb reasoning. Let's hire an Irishman because there are no Irishmen on the site.

bjork

So I was playing Pokemon, and in a Wonder Trade, Alex from New York wonder traded a Bidoof.

This seems like an Alex Navarro move. I can see him chuckling violently to himself as his shitty Bidoof was forced onto someone else. But Alex is cool. Bidoof is not.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Some of you have the most weirdly mistaken ideas about us.

It's pretty common sense that the anime editor would be biased towards anime-related games, you don't have to be so ashamed

Wait, we're talking about AC? That's sort of anime related. I guess. Not really.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Are the controsl really that bad in a sonic game? I mean its sonic, a kids game bt this QL really blurs the line on whether its brad fault or the games.

Like I mentioned in the QL, we noticed about half a second of input lag being introduced by the recording equipment right before we started rolling, but we didn't have time to stop and debug it with the afternoon live show approaching. So it was either solve the problem and have no QL, or record it under less than ideal circumstances. If the worst result of that is another litany of people proclaiming I'm terrible at video games, c'est la vie I guess.

Dragon

Banned

You guys are awesome but human. What's wrong with that?

Like I mentioned in the QL, we noticed about half a second of input lag being introduced by the recording equipment right before we started rolling, but we didn't have time to stop and debug it with the afternoon live show approaching. So it was either solve the problem and have no QL, or record it under less than ideal circumstances. If the worst result of that is another litany of people proclaiming I'm terrible at video games, c'est la vie I guess.

I died about ten times in a row in Spec Ops: The Line the other day. Being terrible at video games is okay, after all, you did do that insane Call of Duty 4 achievement.

StuBurns

Banned
Fanboys never admit it, it's the ultimate cyclical litmus test.

To be serious, 'fanboy' is a less than specific term. You openly discuss your preference for Xbox, I don't know why you'd pretend otherwise on GAF.

Zornack

I'm gonna toss this out there and just assume he clicks on the thread about his place of employment.

Just a hunch.

I think it's cool that he posts here, I'm just wondering how he today found a post from two days/4 pages ago badmouthing him, which is mostly what he replies to here.

Patryn

Why is Brad calling himself Blood Soultaker?

It's a Halloween Twitter thing. See also: PaTrick Or Treat

Also: This will likely either be one of the greatest or worst weeks of GB ever. But honestly I find that they tend to excel when calamities happen. I still consider the great Amazon Outage to be GB's finest hour.

Acid08

Banned
I said Brad's a fanboy, he said he's not, I said he is again. Do I need to draw you a picture?
Most of them(maybe all of them) preferred the 360 for multiplatform games this gen.

Last gen I bet most of them preferred to play most of their games on the PS2. Were they Sony fanboys?

komplanen

I said Brad's a fanboy, he said he's not, I said he is again. Do I need to draw you a picture?

But if I understood correctly your claim was that he has talked about his Xbox preference before, right? Now is that what it takes to be a fanboy nowadays or is it just you? Also I recall him saying in one of his "I prefer Xbox" talks that a) that's where his friends are, b) he likes the controller the most, and c) it's the most stable environment for games (performance and Xbox LIVE). Now as far as I see that's a pretty good set of reasons to prefer one console over another and it would be a stretch to call someone a fanboy over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom