• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a load of this weird stream pausing Brad
P3apWcP.png

Serra

It's pretty common sense that the anime editor would be biased towards anime-related games, you don't have to be so ashamed

Wait, we're talking about AC? That's sort of anime related. I guess. Not really.

Well, the storyline in AC is as atrocious as the average anime, so there is your common thread.

popo

"Jeff is on asignment".

Is "COD review event" the official start of the holiday season? I still can't belive they make reviewers go to hotel for that shit. Has to be the only franchise left making them do that.

Zaph

San Franciscoians - explain this BART thing. Is it bad enough to affect Thursday's instalment of VBOMB and his Merry Men?

8bnUURd.png

StuBurns

Banned
But if I understood correctly your claim was that he has talked about his Xbox preference before, right? Now is that what it takes to be a fanboy nowadays or is it just you? Also I recall him saying in one of his "I prefer Xbox" talks that a) that's where his friends are, b) he likes the controller the most, and c) it's the most stable environment for games (performance and Xbox LIVE). Now as far as I see that's a pretty good set of reasons to prefer one console over another and it would be a stretch to call someone a fanboy over that.
Brad has, for months, taken illogical stances in defense of the XBO, and attempted to downplay the technical differences at every opportunity presented. Maybe it's the classic Garnett Devil's Advocate position, maybe it's fanboyism, whatever, but it at least appears to be having an illogical favoritism towards a platform holder, which I think falls under the definition of being a fanboy. Jeff isn't a fanboy for preferring 360, or preferring XBO if he ends up doing so. There are logical reasons why people would, of course.

People aren't going to agree with me, and that's fine, but yes, I think Brad is a fanboy. None of the others though.

Copenap

Like I mentioned in the QL, we noticed about half a second of input lag being introduced by the recording equipment right before we started rolling, but we didn't have time to stop and debug it with the afternoon live show approaching. So it was either solve the problem and have no QL, or record it under less than ideal circumstances. If the worst result of that is another litany of people proclaiming I'm terrible at video games, c'est la vie I guess.
That QL actually really made me look forward to that game so I guess it worked for me.

Dude I once met a guy who had a last name of Black, and he was white. WTF is the world coming to?

Edit: And no it wasn't Sirius Black you HP lovers.
Lol

Chuck

Still without luck
wtf? Patrick believes that /v/ is a decent community? Go on there and command-f "fag" and you can clearly tell it's nothing even close to decent. C'mon son...

komplanen

Brad has, for months, taken illogical stances in defense of the XBO, and attempted to downplay the technical differences at every opportunity presented. Maybe it's the classic Garnett Devil's Advocate position, maybe it's fanboyism, whatever, but it at least appears to be having an illogical favoritism towards a platform holder, which I think falls under the definition of being a fanboy. Jeff isn't a fanboy for preferring 360, or preferring XBO if he ends up doing so. There are logical reasons why people would, of course.

People aren't going to agree with me, and that's fine, but yes, I think Brad is a fanboy. None of the others though.

Fair enough. I wasn't thinking about the Xbox One comments myself so I guess I took you as someone who's completely off base. I, too, remember thinking Brad is being way too invested in downplaying the Xbox One's shortcomings. I felt Jeff and Vinny had a level-headed attitude where they didn't really jump to conclusions but Brad felt very defensive.

wtf? Patrick believes that /v/ is a decent community? Go on there and command-f "fag" and you can clearly tell it's nothing even close to decent. C'mon son...

It's a relative thing. Compared to the rest of 4chan and even gamefaqs it gets the edge.

Plus you can just ctrl f "cunt" here and see that it's not decent at gaf either.

justjim89

Where did he say this? Does he know how much /v/ despises him? I just go there to feel better about myself.

demidar

I managed to 100% Volgarr which includes finishing the game's true end on 1-CC.

Can you do better Brad? Let the salt flow through you knowing I am better than you.

Joking Brad, but are you gonna do Path of the Valkyrie or just a normal playthrough?

Dany

Banned
Like I mentioned in the QL, we noticed about half a second of input lag being introduced by the recording equipment right before we started rolling, but we didn't have time to stop and debug it with the afternoon live show approaching.

Huh, I don't recall that.

BigBoss

It seems that BART is on strike every other week, I know thats an exaggeration but I don't care, do they not see the damage they're doing to the bombcast.

Well, Giant Bomb should probably hire a minority. There's a distinct lack of the Irish being represented on the site. Danny O'Dwyer would fill that role. Although, having both an Italian and Irishman on the site may eventually lead to problems as they are natural enemies.
Natural enemies? The two most Catholic nations outside of Vatican State?!

They should get rid of Patrick and Alex and hire two local guys, CBSi are assholes for not letting them hire someone else, no ones going to fill Ryans new balance like he did but they are really shorthanded.

demidar

They should get rid of Patrick and Alex and hire two local guys, CBSi are assholes for not letting them hire someone else, no ones going to fill Ryans new balance like he did but they are really shorthanded.

wut

Patrick produces a lot of content, Alex can stand to do some Bombasticas and there's that Blight Club thing he wants to get off the ground as well.

I wouldn't mind an extra local guy but not at the expense of those two.

Why are you assuming that CBSi is preventing Giantbomb from hiring someone in place of Ryan?

I thought Jeff has said passive aggressively that they wouldn't let him hire anyone else?

wut

Patrick produces a lot of content, Alex can stand to do some Bombasticas and there's that Blight Club thing he wants to get off the ground as well.

I wouldn't mind an extra local guy but not at the expense of those two.

I never said they didn't produce content but at times like this when people are out on assignment and others can't get into the office this week is going to be sparse due to lack of staff.

Zaph

When you compare Giant Bomb to juggernauts like Gamespot, it's kinda crazy how much content GB puts out with such a tiny amount of staff. And it's not like they're some indie video Youtube start-up that can just produce content all day - they have to balance it all with corporate time wasting bullshit.

Maybe I'm not browsing Gamespot properly, but they don't seem to put out that much more video content than GB.

Anyway, judging by the hints in his twitter, Danny O'Dwyer will be over soon. Hopefully GB is able to steal him as much as possible.

Clearly Vinny and Jeff are filming the new ER in the studio but can't announce it yet because they do not wish to be on sony's/microsoft's bad side by launching alongside their next-gen consoles. They know that it will be detrimental for the new gen and for their relationships with the big pubs and devs if they start airing it now.

They would've asked brad for help but since he quit the daily dota he is no longer considered reliable in the office and they've shunned him since. They're waiting for Kessler to return to help with a second ongoing ER as he is "as solid as a rock," according to one inside source who is somewhat fond of puppies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom