• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I couldn't watch Load our Last Souls yesterday, so I downloaded it today and.... Vinny is probably in my next area - I don't feel like doing Crystal Caves right now.

I... I don't think I want to watch it.. :(

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I couldn't watch Load our Last Souls yesterday, so I downloaded it today and.... Vinny is probably in my next area - I don't feel like doing Crystal Caves right now.

I... I don't think I want to watch it.. :(

You should watch it. It's easily the worst area of the game, and it'll make going through a lot less aggravating. If there's a boss you wanna figure out on your own, then skip watching the 3rd boss. The boss whose name ends in "Chaos"

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Just watched that new Best of Giant Bomb 38. Great work as always.

But, wow. I still can't believe Ryan is gone. Just doesn't seem possible.

edit: Hilarious video! But strange now, too. I still miss the guy.

So happy that Vinny will be doing the DLC for Dark Souls as well. That will be great.

I can already imagine the horror when he'll fight the final boss of that place. Kalameet will also be a treat.

I laughed when Ian said the first boss of the DLC is pretty hard. He probably hasn't played the rest of it which will make this a great experience for them all.

demidar

Just catching up on the last Spookin', that Blair Witch game seems very charming. While there are some things that are laughable, namely the cloth physics and the cinematic pathing, the world and fiction it presents is very compelling to me.

FStop7

Banned
Wait. I've owned a game called Bridge Project since early this year. Bridge Constructor looks almost exactly the same, but they're different games?

DangerStepp

Could someone please tell me what the story behind the framed Jeff drawing is?

It's the one that sits behind the main chair; upper right hand corner if you're watching Unprofessional Fridays.

I crack up every time I see it and I know there has to be a story behind it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Could someone pleasetell me what the story behind the framed Jeff drawing is?

It's the one that sits behind the main chair; upper right hand corner if you're watching Unprofessional Fridays.

I crack up every time I see it and I know there has to be a story behind it.

It was made by a fan and mailed in. I think it was also traced over an actual picture.

I don't remember much else.

This thread leads you to this "draw pictures" thread, in which LiquidPrince used the "you can't beat 100%" picture as base for his sketch, which came out super creepy.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It was made by a fan and mailed in. I think it was also traced over an actual picture.

I don't remember much else.

This thread leads you to this "draw pictures" thread, in which LiquidPrince used the "you can't beat 100%" picture as base for his sketch, which came out super creepy.

Thanks.

I needed this.

1375145-takeonmejeffstephengotlost.jpg

How come they don't do video reviews anymore?

Jeff has said on couple of occasions that they are a ton of work and for that amount of work to yield enough traffic the video has to be put up on release. To have a video up on release day they need to have the game in at least two weeks in advance.

I get the impression they they just don't want to do them anymore. They've gotten at least a couple of games that early since the last video review was put up and there's never even been a hint of them doing another one. In the end how they spend their time making content is up to them. If that's not what they're into it doesn't really matter as long as content of some kind comes out.

Zaph

How come they don't do video reviews anymore?
Apparently that can take up to a day and a half to produce (plus time to write script and capture footage).

Would you prefer a Breaking Bad and Pathfinder - or a 5min video telling you if you should buy a game you already made you mind up days (or weeks) ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom