• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally can't imagine? The Witness ring a bell? I still have no idea what that game is about and Brad's nebulous podcast ramblings weren't exactly crystal clear.

That was at the event.

I don't necessarily expect a written preview, I expected at least a video (you know, Giant Bomb's bread and butter) from them hanging outside talking about what they saw at a next generation launch event. Which they have done countless times for EA events, Microsoft Events and Ubisoft. I have been at Giant Bomb from the beginning by the way.

That events were public and streaming in the Internet.

FHIZ

Except they do written previews.

They just pick and choose whatever they feel like is worth covering. Just seems kinda strange to go to an event and then not cover it in any capacity, what's the point?

Written by the guy on the east coast who is hardly in any livestreams or podcasts.

Seriously, this is how they operate, I don't understand how this is still such a hard concept to get.

Spoiler alert for the 10/28 Bombcast: "So Jeff, what did you play this weekend?" "Well, it wasn't over the weekend, but I did go to this playstation event" and there you go, there's your coverage.

Vire

That events were public and streaming in the Internet.

These events were not public.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-the-microsoft-spring-showcase-2012/2300-5767/

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-the-ea-summer-showcase-2011/2300-4507/

That's all I'm asking for, a tiny 5 minute video like that, that briefly goes over what they saw and what they liked. Is that so hard? Tell me about The Witness, give me controller impressions, do the games look next generation? I probably wouldn't have even mentioned my disappointment if Jeff was on the podcast this past week to talk about what was there.

Jesus, I don't see the problem in giving some constructive criticism.

Lunzio

These events were not public.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-the-microsoft-spring-showcase-2012/2300-5767/

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-the-ea-summer-showcase-2011/2300-4507/

That's all I'm asking for, a tiny 5 minute video like that, that briefly goes over what they saw and what they liked. Is that so hard? Tell me about The Witness, give me controller impressions, do the games look next generation? I probably wouldn't have even mentioned my disappointment if Jeff was on the podcast this past week to talk about what was there.

Jesus, I don't see the problem in giving some constructive criticism.

Just as a heads up, whenever you have Drew or Vinny tag along to the events, then you can usually expect the video coverage. Only Jeff and Brad were out on assignment, so it's not unusual for no coverage.

Chuck

Still without luck
...is rorie serious with that ringtone >_>

and i agree with vire. It's really weird when they spend a whole day looking at games only to talk about them for 10 minutes on the podcast and that's it.

Jintor

I'll be frank.

Sometimes you go to a game showing and all you get is 10 minute's worth of things to talk about, no matter how long you spend there.

Haunted

That ios bridge builder game is such a fucking piece of shit. I was playing bridge builders with more sophisticated physics and none of this social integration bullshit over 10 years ago. Just embarrassing to release something like this in 2013 on PC.

ugh

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That ios bridge builder game is such a fucking piece of shit. I was playing bridge builders with more sophisticated physics and none of this social integration bullshit over 10 years ago. Just embarrassing to release something like this in 2013 on PC.

ugh

I miss a good bridge builder with kickass physics for PC. Recently, either this game or another bridge building game was on a bundle and I skipped it because I remember playing a better one in the past.

Haunted

I miss a good bridge builder with kickass physics for PC. Recently, either this game or another bridge building game was on a bundle and I skipped it because I remember playing a better one in the past.
Yeah, it's been a real wasteland for bridge building games.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I always wondered how much Patrick is getting paid. The dude definitely works hard, I'm just wondering how jealous I should be considering he works at home and probably doesn't put in 8 hour work days.

I always wondered how much Patrick is getting paid. The dude definitely works hard, I'm just wondering how jealous I should be considering he works at home and probably doesn't put in 8 hour work days.
They probably pile it on him. My wife worked from home for a game company and she couldn't cheat the system if she tried to.

Haunted

Bridge It just recently came out on Steam. It's a really old one but if you originally missed it it's worth going back to.
It's arguably the best looking bridge builder out there.

And to put this in perspective, Bridge It is from 2003.

That's the kind of wasteland we're talking about here. :(

Ok, I'm halfway through the latest Volgarr. Please, someone tell me that Brad discovers the toggle zoom at some point. It makes the game so much easier!

Jintor

My second-favorite perfectly-normal human dad.

octodad.jpg

?

ArjanN

They probably pile it on him. My wife worked from home for a game company and she couldn't cheat the system if she tried to.

Actually from what I understand from his videos they're actually pretty hands-off Patrick just has way too much work ethic to be a slacker. To be honest it seems like he works much harder than most of the of Giant Bomb guys.

LiK

Man, that Blair Witch game was sooooo bad. It's like they took another game and crammed Blair Witch mythology randomly into it.

kmz

Neo Member
I probably wouldn't have even mentioned my disappointment if Jeff was on the podcast this past week to talk about what was there.

Obviously Jeff being out on assignment this week was just another part of the anti-Sony conspiracy at Giant Bomb.

popo

As an outlet you likely have to send people to these preview events to stay on the PR lists. Like when a dev comes around with preview builds. You might not be at all interested but if you don't make time for them, then next time you will not get the option. At least it was local and they likely got to network with Sony people off the record.

Jeff spending a whole week at a review event seems a bigger waste of time. Although if it is the game everyone assumes it is - the same event this time every year - then the traffic a day one review will bring leaves them little choice but to play along.

Are you guys gonna watch tested?

Maybe an hour or two here and there. I usually throw them a few bucks. I generally catch up on the highlights over the proceeding month. Some of those late night hours with no guests can be a bit painful.. Especially as Will gets louder as the fatigue sets in.

tsigo

I wish GB would just split their Videos page into two categories: 1. Original Content 2. Re-posted trailers and PR junk

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I wish GB would just split their Videos page into two categories: 1. Original Content 2. Re-posted trailers and PR junk

I wish Alexis would get around to sub-categorising their premium videos too.

ArjanN

Man, that Blair Witch game was sooooo bad. It's like they took another game and crammed Blair Witch mythology randomly into it.

That's actually sort of what it is.

The start of the Blair Witch game with the supernatural secret agency is a crossover with another game by the same developer called Nocturne. (And also Bloodrayne I think)

The lighting and such was pretty impressive for the time, it was always janky though.

hamchan

Yeah we need playlists for the premium stuff. More categories within the categories. It's a pain in the ass if I want to browse through specific video series.

LiK

That's actually sort of what it is.

The start of the Blair Witch game with the supernatural secret agency is a crossover with another game by the same developer called Nocturne. (And also Bloodrayne I think)

The lighting and such was pretty impressive for the time, it was always janky though.

Ah, so I was right. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom