• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb

He is hardly representing Giant Bomb. And furthermore, he's obviously joking and I personally think it's silly to take any kind of offense.

But unfortunately that's pretty representative of his brand of (what I find to be) unfunny humor. At least it's nice that he always seems enthusiastic about stuff.

I find it harder and harder to visit the GB threads because it's always full of oversensitive people who read too much into nothing. This comment isn't directed towards yours it's directed towards people who shit on patrick because he actually gives a shit about the journalistic part of the industry and has morals and it's to people who read way, way, way too much into sarcastic and joke remarks made on live shows/podcast and they try to make something out of nothing.

Sorry, dude, but when they ignored vinny that one time it deserved like 50 posts. Sorry you can't handle it.

Dismissing the discussion about Patrick's handling of this by instead talking about Max being sarcastic and people overreacting about some time Vinny got ignored is such a deflection.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
He is hardly representing Giant Bomb. And furthermore, he's obviously joking and I personally think it's silly to take any kind of offense.

I acknowledged it was a joke, and I didn't say I was offended. It just seems at odds with the way anyone on GB ever interacts with the audience.

Considering the last two pages of this thread are equal max and patrick hate, it's kinda not.

The thing is people are lumping both together for the sake of making all the criticism seem dumb and exaggerated, which is completely ridiculous.

Giant Bomb's not immune to criticism, especially when it comes to them as journalists. A lot of people hold Patrick to a pretty high standard - when he does something they disagree with they've got a right to talk about it without having people try to shut them down with "lol patrick hate again?".

Considering the last two pages of this thread are equal max and patrick hate, it's kinda not.

That's why hate is a horrible word. Just because you disagree with something and want to discuss it doesn't mean you hate someone. I've not seen much hate in the thread, just people putting their point across which is totally fine.

Mesoian

The thing is people are lumping both together for the sake of making all the criticism seem dumb and exaggerated, which is completely ridiculous.

Giant Bomb's not immune to criticism, especially when it comes to them as journalists. A lot of people hold Patrick to a pretty high standard - when he does something they disagree with they've got a right to talk about it without having people try to shut them down with "lol patrick hate again?".

No, this is true. But you're going to have to shout a lot louder over the guys who's argument in the situation is "JEEZE PATRICK BEING TERRIBLE AGAIN HUH! LIKE ALWAYS! I WISH THEY WOULD JUST FIRE HIM ALREADY!" Which is this thread most of the time.

Thanks. That's unfortunate, I was kinda excited about playing it but that puts a damper on all of that.

If you've got a PS4, give it a shot. It's not a terrible game by any means, but what problems it does have are a constant nag which brings the entire experience down. I don't find the jump to be a problem, but I understand people's complaints surrounding it. And the load times are pretty unacceptable considering they could have loaded the entire game into the ram on initial load.

Patryn

No, this is true. But you're going to have to shout a lot louder over the guys who's argument in the situation is "JEEZE PATRICK BEING TERRIBLE AGAIN HUH! LIKE ALWAYS! I WISH THEY WOULD JUST FIRE HIM ALREADY!" Which is this thread most of the time.

I don't recall seeing people calling for Patrick's firing in this thread that often. I've seen people talking about people calling for it elsewhere, but not really here.

You must not check this thread very often. I have never seen posts like that here, ever. Your dampening, misrepresentation, and over exaggeration of civil discussion is toxic, though.

Find me a post calling for Patrick's firing, thanks.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
So I just got home and turned this on and the first thing I see is Dave Lang telling some mutants to "get bopped". Good stuff.

Sakwoff

I really like Max Temkin and I'm always surprised that a fair amount of people seem not to.

Max is a really intelligent and well-read guy. I always enjoy his stuff, especially in written form.

Casually referencing Suits' Grasshopper and refuting the "that's no game"-bollocks on that basis got him some points in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom